The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Was gonna get this game, now a bit put off....

#1Joyce_RhyderPosted 11/21/2012 9:10:02 AM
Checking out some reviews and topics on this message boards and one of the downsides is too many QTEs. For me using QTEs in a computer game is a bit like printing swear words in a bible, they really do my head in. In RE 4 and 5 I could manage but Im under the impression that they,re gonna be so bad in this game its just gonna make it unplayable for me.
Look at what this guy said:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/605603-resident-evil-6/reviews/review-152098

If they really are as quick as he says then this games gonna end up collecting dust if I buy it. Also in RE5 if your playing on any difficulty less than pro, you could just mash the buttons and this would generally suffice. Is it like that in RE6?
#2GaullerPosted 11/21/2012 9:12:43 AM
Amateur automatically performs QTEs.
#3DanielSpace79Posted 11/21/2012 9:14:14 AM
I rarely read or pay attention to reviews...but on the QTE's, I'll say this.

They were annoying when they popped up. There were several instances I remember thinking - "ugh QTE"- but then it was over.

I'd have to say after 3-4 playthroughs, it's not as bad as reviews make it out to be- it's not like Heavy Rain- I just notice that they are a bit more frequent, and the game has a slightly bad habit of doing them right after each other in a few instances, so QTE, 1 min of gameplay, QTE, QTE, 2 min of gameplay, QTE, but then you can have an hour or so of uninterrupted gameplay.

TL/DR- theres an increase in them, but It wasn't enough to make or break my overall opinion of the game one way or another
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#49-Tail-FoXXPosted 11/21/2012 9:14:54 AM
Well it seems like your a big Fail when it comes to QTE...Just go on Amatuar...problem solve
#5nina_chanPosted 11/21/2012 9:18:27 AM
No. The QTEs in this game are easy. If you could get by the the QTEs in 4 and 5, then the QTEs in this game are a cakewalk. You might die a few times on your first run through, but it's smooth sailing after that. Some of the scripted ones can't even kill you unless you're intentionally trying to do so. Whoever made that review probably just sucks at the QTEs incredibly.
#6jpv2000Posted 11/21/2012 3:32:31 PM
nina_chan posted...
No. The QTEs in this game are easy. If you could get by the the QTEs in 4 and 5, then the QTEs in this game are a cakewalk. You might die a few times on your first run through, but it's smooth sailing after that. Some of the scripted ones can't even kill you unless you're intentionally trying to do so. Whoever made that review probably just sucks at the QTEs incredibly.

^This^

I just finished my pro run for my 1000/1000 and had no major problems, and I hate QTEs in general.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#7Dark_SpiretPosted 11/21/2012 4:04:42 PM
as said, most of the qte's are pretty easy. there are a few really annoying ones, but its fairly rare. the game also has a skill that makes it less of a hassle for enemy qte's that try to grab you if it gets really annoying for you. The game does have a lot of them, but you have to remember that this game is also very long(20-30hours) and it can vary between campaigns. i found most of them are in Leons sections and a decent amount in Jakes. not a whole lot in chris' or adas.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy 13-2 - Black Ops 2 - Torchlight 2
#8DarkchocolateXPosted 11/21/2012 4:06:24 PM
Gauller posted...
Amateur automatically performs QTEs.

In mother Russia, Amateur will make the game play you.
#9BasementDudePosted 11/21/2012 4:27:24 PM
even if they do kill you, most of them are always the same button
---
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 184,715,199
#10Spade59Posted 11/21/2012 5:21:23 PM
It's a rental TC.

You'll beat it and not really have the desire to play anymore. A week, max.

Save your money.