Why no graphic voilence in RE6 compared to 4?

#1skermacPosted 11/21/2012 10:15:45 AM
Same question for 5.

RE4 has been the only RE game that had graphic violence removed before it could be sold in Japan. They removed bloody beheadings.

Why can't we get more graphic here and keep editing games for Japan?
#2edward18Posted 11/21/2012 10:17:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W83CobcSc2Y
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3slapper1Posted 11/21/2012 10:29:59 AM
1 word: Multiplayer. Seriously, this game was released in countries such as German where censorship is quite heavy and due to online play, it had to be partly censored for every country it was released to, including the USA where video game violence is accepted.
---
Stupidity isn't a virus, but it sure is spreading like one!
#4Dammit182Posted 11/21/2012 10:59:05 AM
Multiplayer was worst thing that happened to the RE series. That is why RE4 is better than 5 & 6...the game is a single player experience, and survival horror only really works when you are going at it alone.

The violence definitely took a step down after RE4, and the multiplayer reasoning seems like a good explanation for that.
---
"Boulder punching you can't forget....."
#5edward18Posted 11/21/2012 11:04:38 AM
4's the worst of the main games to me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#6desi_shinobiPosted 11/21/2012 11:26:01 AM
edward18 posted...
4's the worst of the main games to me.

Off Topic:

Your a broken record, you have been saying the same thing for a couple of years. Perhaps even longer.

EVERY regular poster in the RE boards KNOW you HATE RE4 and all you want is MML3.

There is no need to endless keep telling people about your dislike for RE4.

Back on Topic:

RE2,3,4 had the best gore, most definitely RE4. (Sound and looks were satisfying)

REmake,0,CV,5 gore department was a letdown but the sound was still satisfying when their heads popped.

RE6 gore was satisfying but they should have made it over the top with the blood splatter or limbs easily falling off and torsos falling in half etc.

I feel like replaying RE2 now. Lining up zombies and pop 2-5 heads a go.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#7edward18Posted 11/21/2012 11:28:15 AM

Off Topic:

Your a broken record, you have been saying the same thing for a couple of years. Perhaps even longer.

Since it came out.

EVERY regular poster in the RE boards KNOW you HATE RE4 and all you want is MML3.

I don't hate it.

Yet there's apparently a reason for others to keep telling people how much they love the game.

RE2,3,4 had the best gore, most definitely RE4. (Sound and looks were satisfying)

God I can't stand Leon's death noise or that stupid ass chanting in the castle.
---
#8RicewarriorZPosted 11/21/2012 11:45:07 AM
skermac posted...
Same question for 5.

RE4 has been the only RE game that had graphic violence removed before it could be sold in Japan. They removed bloody beheadings.

Why can't we get more graphic here and keep editing games for Japan?

Because it costs money.
---
"Nma... Tsua... Choji...!"
- Inohara Masato (Looking back on his life)
#9desi_shinobiPosted 11/21/2012 11:55:05 AM
edward18 posted...

Off Topic:

Since it came out.

I don't hate it.

Yet there's apparently a reason for others to keep telling people how much they love the game.

God I can't stand Leon's death noise or that stupid ass chanting in the castle.

They don't have a reason for it unless its a discussion or comparing. But if its the same person making topics about how they love RE4. Then they should bring it to the RE4 boards and not here.

So you have been expressing your dislike to the game since release on Gamefaqs? If I got that right. Then WOW.. Regardless you do really come off as the most negative person I've ever came across on Gamefaqs man.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#10skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 12:09:54 PM
How about they do this, in RE7 no online coop on the campaign. That way we can return to the gore RE4 had for the U.S. and censor it for other countries. It didn't cost that much to do in RE4.

Online mercs gore can be pg-13 like it is now and everyone is happy.