Survival Horror... A genre for gamers with class.

#11Alky88Posted 11/22/2012 4:29:08 AM
ZombiU is what you're looking for but you need a WiiU for that sadly.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#12Chunx907Posted 11/22/2012 4:35:55 AM(edited)
Big_Boss1432 posted...
I dont touch horror games made by American companies, they're just always the same. Actually thats not true, I just played homecoming and 4 and hated them so much...

Uh, 4 is made by the same Japanese team that did 1-3 (and it was a good game, just different from the first three).

And it is indeed stupid for one to be dismissive towards all American horror games on the basis of them being "all the same". Read into them individually, and play what sounds good, ignore what doesn't.

I haven't given Downpour a shot, but I will eventually. The most disappointing thing I've heard about it is that the performance is terrible on PS3.

"Is that game actually confirmed or is it just a rumor. I honestly have no faith in it since at the moment its just a "project" :( Someone confirm this."

It's not a rumor. It's in development by Shinji Mikami and his new studio.
#13GoldsicklePosted 11/22/2012 5:13:05 AM
I want an RE game with RE6-style aiming and movement but with backtracking like the old games, where it's not divided into chapters.

Additionally, I'd like stuff to be randomized like in RE3.

Dogs don't always have to jump through the same window. And whatever that comes out of the window doesn't always have to be a dog.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#14ex-s_temjinPosted 11/22/2012 5:13:26 AM
As I had always said: Go and check out Forbidden Siren on PSN (or the Bluray Asian copy) if you haven't already. The last time I heard of anything about Team Siren was that there was a Design-a-Shibito contest in HongKong for the sequel, but that was ages ago.
#15GoldsicklePosted 11/22/2012 5:19:54 AM
ex-s_temjin posted...
As I had always said: Go and check out Forbidden Siren on PSN (or the Bluray Asian copy) if you haven't already. The last time I heard of anything about Team Siren was that there was a Design-a-Shibito contest in HongKong for the sequel, but that was ages ago.

Played all three games in the series.

One of the most challenging and demanding survival horror games I've ever played.

The funny thing is, all three games uses regenerating health.
I guess all that crap about "regenerating health is only for shooters" is just a misconception.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#16Chunx907Posted 11/22/2012 5:56:04 AM(edited)
ex-s_temjin posted...
As I had always said: Go and check out Forbidden Siren on PSN (or the Bluray Asian copy) if you haven't already.

Forbidden Siren for PS2 and Siren: Blood Curse on PS3 are awesome games. I sure hope they remake FS2 or release it on NA PS Store, because FS2 was never released in the US.

The last time I heard of anything about Team Siren was that there was a Design-a-Shibito contest in HongKong for the sequel, but that was ages ago.

They just released Gravity Rush to much critical acclaim.
#17ex-s_temjinPosted 11/22/2012 6:16:07 AM
Chunx907 posted...
ex-s_temjin posted...
As I had always said: Go and check out Forbidden Siren on PSN (or the Bluray Asian copy) if you haven't already.

Forbidden Siren for PS2 and Siren: Blood Curse on PS3 are awesome games. I sure hope they remake FS2 or release it on NA PS Store, because FS2 was never released in the US.

The last time I heard of anything about Team Siren was that there was a Design-a-Shibito contest in HongKong for the sequel, but that was ages ago.

They just released Gravity Rush to much critical acclaim.

A FS HD Collection would be awesome, but only if it comes with dual-audio. It was quite weird to hear the characters speak with a British accent in FS2 :D

Oh right, I've forgotten about GravityRush! Hope they revisit survival horror again soon...
#18Chunx907Posted 11/22/2012 6:28:18 AM
Me too. I want a new entry in the Siren series, remake or otherwise.

I only played the first Siren with British dub. The voices were odd at first, but they grew on me over time. Didn't really distract from the atmosphere or the quality of the game.
#19skytrotPosted 11/22/2012 6:37:21 AM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
*cough* Zwei

Is that game actually confirmed or is it just a rumor. I honestly have no faith in it since at the moment its just a "project" :( Someone confirm this.

It was confirmed. There were interviews with Mikami months ago. They've already started work on it but have yet to release any details.
#20Hawke0Posted 11/22/2012 7:16:19 AM
Import Fatal Frame 4 and hack your Wii to bypass region lock.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli