Enemy Variety and Bosses

#1matt091282Posted 11/23/2012 8:45:10 AM
I am still deciding whether or not to get this game. (I probably will, but wait until the price comes down) Anyway, I was just kind of skimming through the player's guide at Gamestop, checking out the enemies and bosses. From the looks of it, and again, I didn't look at it for a long period of time, it seemed like this game had the best enemy varity of any of the past RE games. It also seemed like it had the best bosses as well. (Although the best looking boss doesn't neccesarily mean best boss fight.)

Do you guys think this game is the best in the way of enemy variety in the series? Also, how would you rate the bosses and the boss fights in the game?

This is not going to be a deciding factor in my purchase, I am just wondering. lol

Thanks.
#2J SasakiPosted 11/23/2012 9:11:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3J SasakiPosted 11/23/2012 9:11:53 AM
I didn't like the boss fights. One chapter is a drawn-out boss fight across different settings: there's a lot of 'boss comes back from the dead so you have to fight it again.' The game could've done a better job of making boss weaknesses more obvious as well; I had to look up most strategies online because it wasn't not obvious for me. That was a first for me involving RE games.
#4matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 9:14:04 AM
So, do you have to use the environments in order to win some of them, or is still basically keep shooting until it's dead kind of thing? (Obviously with some strategy involved, of course)

I'm excited I get to move and shoot this time around. lol
#5GoldsicklePosted 11/23/2012 9:39:36 AM
The zombie variety in this game is quite huge.

You don't just get "zombie with different skin" but there are subtle differences, like how a BSAA zombie will be fully armored and your melee kills depends on what the zombie has on their person.

If you're performing a melee kill on a soldier zombie with grenades, then you will pull one of the grenade's pin and kick it away.

The same with the J'avo enemies.
There are all sorts of mutation that prompts you to change your strategy.

About 3 of the bosses are puzzle bosses that requires some really specific strategy to kill them.
Just shooting until it's dead won't work.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#6matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 9:48:46 AM
Well, that's good. I still don't know how I feel about zombies with guns, being so used to the other RE games. But, I guess having a more advanced virus isn't a bad thing, either.

I will give Capcom credit for one thing; they certainly got very ambitious with this title that's for sure.

Also, kind of off topic, but does anyone know what other DLC is coming? Last week I saw a few Mercenary maps on the PS Store. What else is going to be released, and is it just going to be multiplayer stuff?
#7matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 9:54:06 AM
Oh, and with the Ustanek, is there more than one throughout the game? Is it kind of like a mini boss kind of thing or is it like Nemesis was where you have to "defeat" him in battle several times before the final meeting?
#8GoldsicklePosted 11/23/2012 10:07:57 AM
matt091282 posted...
Oh, and with the Ustanek, is there more than one throughout the game? Is it kind of like a mini boss kind of thing or is it like Nemesis was where you have to "defeat" him in battle several times before the final meeting?

Recurring mini-boss, that comes with a new arm attachment for every encounter.

One area revolves around sneaking and avoiding him because he can instantly kill you if he finds you.
---
#9matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 10:17:22 AM
Goldsickle posted...
matt091282 posted...

Recurring mini-boss, that comes with a new arm attachment for every encounter.

One area revolves around sneaking and avoiding him because he can instantly kill you if he finds you.

That sounds like one of those frustrating parts of the game that people are talking about. lol

One other question is about the controls. With RE5, I played it on the PC, and it was easy to use the keyboard and mouse to move and shoot. With me being so used to that, will going to a controller be a fairly easy transition? I know they are some new mechanics in this game, but overall, how is it? I suppose it will take me some time to use the stick to aim instead of a mouse.
#10GoldsicklePosted 11/23/2012 10:22:34 AM
matt091282 posted...
I know they are some new mechanics in this game, but overall, how is it?

It now plays more like MGS4 or Uncharted.

Your character faces the direction the analog stick is tilted and at anytime, will aim towards where the camera is facing.
You can change it so they aim towards where the character is facing instead, though.

You can also do an auto-aim Quick Shot that uses up your Stamina gauge but allows you to quickly shoot the nearest enemy.
Won't work on enemies with body armor, though.

I made a topic about the new mechanics before the game was released:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/63306502
---