Enemy Variety and Bosses

#11matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:20:30 AM
Goldsickle posted...
matt091282 posted...
I know they are some new mechanics in this game, but overall, how is it?

It now plays more like MGS4 or Uncharted.

Your character faces the direction the analog stick is tilted and at anytime, will aim towards where the camera is facing.
You can change it so they aim towards where the character is facing instead, though.

You can also do an auto-aim Quick Shot that uses up your Stamina gauge but allows you to quickly shoot the nearest enemy.
Won't work on enemies with body armor, though.

I made a topic about the new mechanics before the game was released:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/63306502

Nicely done. Thanks!

I was actually going to ask if the game had an auto aim feature (I mean that you could use regularly throughout the game and not just for the Quick Shot technique). I suppose most FPS games for consoles have that, which again I am used to playing on PC. lol
#12lopy81Posted 11/23/2012 12:04:36 PM
matt091282 posted...
Oh, and with the Ustanek, is there more than one throughout the game? Is it kind of like a mini boss kind of thing or is it like Nemesis was where you have to "defeat" him in battle several times before the final meeting?

Ustanak is the worst addition to RE game ever imho. Had the makings of a brilliant idea and the developers dropped the ball. I won't spoil it for you but you'll feel annoyance more than fear.
---
---
Psn : sd070109
#13matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 12:15:28 PM
lopy81 posted...
matt091282 posted...
Oh, and with the Ustanek, is there more than one throughout the game? Is it kind of like a mini boss kind of thing or is it like Nemesis was where you have to "defeat" him in battle several times before the final meeting?

Ustanak is the worst addition to RE game ever imho. Had the makings of a brilliant idea and the developers dropped the ball. I won't spoil it for you but you'll feel annoyance more than fear.
---

Haha, ok. After continuing to do research, there are some things that are turning me off like the controls, the camera and other annoyances with enemies and also that there are too many QTE's. I don't think those belong in a RE game. Maybe once I play it won't be so bad, but like I said, I just don't think they have a place.

But, I still must play so I can keep up with what it is going on in the story. lol
#14GoldsicklePosted 11/23/2012 12:16:44 PM
Maybe you wanna wait till December when a new patch comes up.

It will add an option to zoom the camera out a bit more.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#15matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 12:21:33 PM
Goldsickle posted...
Maybe you wanna wait till December when a new patch comes up.

It will add an option to zoom the camera out a bit more.

Ah, I did hear about that. I hope that works well when implemented. I'm probably not going to get the game until Spring anyway.

Also, about the Skills System, can you only upgrade them at the end of each level or can you do it any point in the game?
#16GoldsicklePosted 11/23/2012 12:31:48 PM
matt091282 posted...
Also, about the Skills System, can you only upgrade them at the end of each level or can you do it any point in the game?

The option comes out at the end of every chapter but before you start a chapter, you can purchase, reassign and equip them under the Campaign main menu.

You unlock new skills (that still needs to be purchased) by completing the campaigns or fulfilling certain conditions.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#17occmanPosted 11/23/2012 12:39:37 PM
FYI the Demo has Screen Tearing that doesn't exist in the Final Product.

This game makes me NEVER want to touch RE5 again.
RE5 is just that Outdated. You can even change the Color of your Laser Sight.
I spent 100+ hours just in the Campaign i never Touched Mercs or Online.

The Length of the game in RE6 compared to RE5 is Immense!!!
I could finish RE5 in under 3 Hours... RE5 Took me 12hours the First time.

RE6 Took me 7hours just to Complete Leon's the First time. 7hours for Chris'.
6 & 1/2hours for Jake's. 5hours for the Last Bonus Campaign.

The Only thing that bothered me slightly was Inventory.
They do it like MGS4. Here are your inventory Slots use them.

Mixing Herbs isn't a pain. But FirstAid sprays are RARE. I've spent 37hours so far with this game & used 4. I used 2 on Accident because of the "bad" inventory. Trying to get to grenades in a panic & instead healing myself.

Leon = Atmosphere, Zombies & Main Story Line.
Chris = Gunplay, BOWs, & Awesome End Story.
Jake = Runaway, Ustanak (is Awesome), & Good Cast of Main Characters.
Bonus = Puzzles, Short, & Alone.
#18matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 12:47:22 PM
occman posted...

Mixing Herbs isn't a pain. But FirstAid sprays are RARE. I've spent 37hours so far with this game & used 4. I used 2 on Accident because of the "bad" inventory. Trying to get to grenades in a panic & instead healing myself.

RE5 was a pretty solid game. Overall I enjoyed it. But, I did not care for the partner AI, or Sheva as a character in general. Also, while I liked a little bit of the levels, the Africa setting just didn't do anything for me overall. That's what attracted me to this game almost right away was all the different campaigns and level design, intersecting stories and such. Oh, and also Helena and her booty.
#19occmanPosted 11/23/2012 1:00:05 PM
matt091282 posted...
occman posted...

RE5 was a pretty solid game. Overall I enjoyed it. But, I did not care for the partner AI, or Sheva as a character in general. Also, while I liked a little bit of the levels, the Africa setting just didn't do anything for me overall. That's what attracted me to this game almost right away was all the different campaigns and level design, intersecting stories and such. Oh, and also Helena and her booty.

Yeah, There's no Sunshine on ANY Level. If it's during the "daytime" it's Extremely Overcast & Cold in the Game. Or at night all together. I LOVED RE5, but with this release i CANNOT stand it... The Only reason i would play RE5 again is Ch. 5-3. That's it!
#20matt091282(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 1:07:32 PM
I lol'ed when I saw a pic of Ada Wong in her low cut top there in the middle of a snow storm. She must've been freezing! :p