A thought about so called dead characters

#1skermacPosted 11/26/2012 10:48:51 AM
There's been a lot of back and forth lately about if Wesker and others should be in future video games. Some say yes, some say no because they are dead.

Here's the point, the characters are not real people and are not alive or dead and have never been! If Capcom wants to reuse any past character again that's their right. Characters don't have to look aged or anything.

Some characters like Wesker I would like to see again I admit, but if I don't it's no big deal. The games are not following some soap opera historical time line so the games can be about anything or anyone. RE4, 5, and 6 aren't related to each other except the name in the title, so RE7 can be about anything or anyone. Just my opinions. Anyone agree?
#2edward18Posted 11/26/2012 10:50:02 AM
My opinion is that you're just trying to shut people up.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:52:53 AM
edward18 posted...
My opinion is that you're just trying to shut people up.

I don't want to shut anyone up at all, just saying what makes sense to me, which may not to others.
#4WeskerForeverPosted 11/26/2012 11:20:12 AM
skermac posted...
There's been a lot of back and forth lately about if Wesker and others should be in future video games. Some say yes, some say no because they are dead.

Here's the point, the characters are not real people and are not alive or dead and have never been! If Capcom wants to reuse any past character again that's their right. Characters don't have to look aged or anything.

Some characters like Wesker I would like to see again I admit, but if I don't it's no big deal. The games are not following some soap opera historical time line so the games can be about anything or anyone. RE4, 5, and 6 aren't related to each other except the name in the title, so RE7 can be about anything or anyone. Just my opinions. Anyone agree?

Agreed 100%.
---
Wesker is immortal and can never die. Wesker will be back and be stronger than ever.
#5largerockPosted 11/26/2012 11:27:06 AM(edited)
The stupidity in this topic is incomprehensible.

Guys/Gals, lemme save you the time: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#6good_tobiPosted 11/26/2012 12:10:39 PM
Doesn't matter what some minority group of people want. At the end, what Capcom decides that matters. They wanted to bring him back in 6 but they decided to keep him dead at the end and thankfully it seems they have moved on from Albert Wesker and made a new character Jake to continue his legacy.

Also, I don't understand what you mean by RE4,5 and 6 aren't related with each other?

Chris killed Wesker and that has effect on Chris and Jake's relationship.
Hunnigan was introduced in RE4 and now therefore her role in RE6 is quiet clear.
Not to mention, Leon's dilemma to trust Ada after all RE4 events when Helena ask him about her.......
---
Those who break rules are trash but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash.
#7edward18Posted 11/26/2012 12:12:26 PM
...what about after 2's events?...
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#8good_tobiPosted 11/26/2012 12:33:29 PM
edward18 posted...
...what about after 2's events?...

was that for me? if yes, what do you mean by after 2's events?
---
Those who break rules are trash but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash.
#9tevin1569Posted 11/26/2012 12:40:09 PM
I made a topic saying Characters should stay dead, but I wasn't shutting anyone down by any means... Some people are really convinced there alive and I don't want them to get there hopes up and then depressed and hate Resident Evil because of it. But I will roll with what ever Resident Evil does.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#10edward18Posted 11/26/2012 12:43:25 PM
You said his dilemna to trust her after 4. Why not after 2?
---