I hate to say this, but...

#21zeloswilder_fanPosted 11/27/2012 1:56:11 AM
PyroSpark posted...
HShadow posted...
His campaign is a straight gears of war clone.

Jessu Christ I need to play GoW then.

Just don't expect any sort of profound story from it - especially not in the third game.
---
"The dirac delta: the height of the discontinuity."
#22Ryan-06Posted 11/27/2012 2:20:01 AM
skermac posted...
BBoy4040 posted...
But I refuse to play Call of Duty games. I'm just saying compared to the other campaigns, Chris goes through more of a character evolution and becomes more relatable than any of the other characters.

I couldn't relate to him because he came off as an alcholic in the beginning. He did redeem himself but I couldn't trust him not to turn to the bottle again in desparate times. For that reason I'm out. Any other RE sharks want to make an opinion offer?

I felt this way too.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
i50.tinypic.com/who87l.gif
#23SchillingerPosted 11/27/2012 4:06:13 AM
Yup, when I was grabbed by a giant translucent BOW and my partner fired electricity from his mutated arm I sighed, rolled my eyes and shouted "Why have they copied all these CoD elements?!"
Seriously, just because he happens to be in a military outfit the game is a CoD clone? Are people that stupid? Also, GeoW was a cover-based shooter (with bland, interchangeable meathead characters), and the only time I remember using cover was when I was forced to in the Ch1 elevator and Ch2 on the bridge. Sure there's cover, but it's hardly the focal point of the combat engine.

I really enjoyed Chris' campaign, but then I enjoyed all 4 for different reasons. I quite like the character of Chris too, despite his rash actions. As was said above he was suffering from PTSD and had amnesia - amnesia he just happened to snap out of in the middle of a mission, when the city was going straight to hell. He wouldn't have been thinking straight under normal circumstances, and to compound this the first thing he hears is that the woman responsible for the deaths of every member of his team is nearby. Why wouldn't he go after her?
I'm glad he wasn't killed off as was originally planned, hopefully a slightly more level-headed Chris will appear in the next iteration too!
---
/thread
PSN: Anthropomancer
#24schlaufuchsMIKEPosted 11/27/2012 4:22:29 AM(edited)
Considering that Chris already went through this same story arc in RE5 on account of Jill's supposed death, I felt that it was unnecessary and it ultimately felt forced to me.

Jake, while his story was also a cliche, felt like it had better character evolution (although ,considering that he hated his father for abandoning him and his mother then becoming the worlds worst crazy terrorist, he really had no reason to be angry with Chris).

Ada's story was pretty cool, too, and showed us she has some heart at the end. However, they had this spy vs. Spy thing going that they forgot to utilise.

EDIT: Actually,I've had second thoughts about Chris. My main gripe with him is that he handled his issues so poorly that it just doesn't seem like his character. Then I remembered my own head injury and that I really didn't feel like myself for a year and some change. So, I dunno, I kind of sympathize with the guy now.
---
"This is America - none of us are supposed to be here." ~ Peter Hornberger, 30Rock
#25Dr_WizardPosted 11/27/2012 4:24:38 AM
Sounds like someone just hates Chris lol
---
Psn: Doctor_Wizard
Butt stallion says hello - Handsome Jack
#26DavyyyyPosted 11/27/2012 4:36:51 AM
Chris' campaign was the best by far.

And I don't play COD if that has anything do with it.

last time i checked this game is called Resident Evil 6
#27Jaws19Posted 11/27/2012 5:38:48 AM
Jake and Sherry's campaign was my favorite. Really enjoyed the relationship between those two, their story, and character development the most.
#28longstorm555Posted 11/27/2012 6:57:48 AM
Candy__Girl posted...
Candy__Girl posted...
He's reckless, selfish, and stubborn to the point of sacrificing the men he's supposed to be 'protecting' lives.

Chris Chapter 3.

All of the other characters have been through what Chris has been through so there's no real excuse for him.

Can you put yourself in Sherry's place? Her mother and father were helping develop b.o.w's all the while she got to hang out in a dangerous lab growing up while they ignored her and then when all heck breaks loose her own father ends up infecting her with the G-virus? Then, the government pokes and prods her for years and just finally let's her out on a leash as long as she agrees to be an Agent? She has EVERY reason to be vengeful, hateful, and she certainly has every reason to use her parent issues as an excuse to go bezerk and be an emotional infant... but she doesn't. She rises above it all. If Chris is as amazing as everyone thinks why can't he? He lost his partner, found her, saved her, beat Wesker, and is still living to fight another day, yet he has the same crappy overall attitude in general.

Ada is NOT really a role model here, but even with her 'crazed' rantings she has the sense to stop and help people along her way. Leon & Helena, Jake & Sherry, and even some poor random people trapped on rooftops.

Again, Chris chapter 3... Piers tries to convince Chris to help protect Jake and Sherry but he refuses to even check in with HQ to get his orders changed... Can you really call him a hero? He has a record of short-sightedness and that cost people. Others are willing to make a sacrifice (Jill & Piers, both who are close to Chris), but I have yet to see Chris do so.

Longstorm you make some good points, but the points I've cited above ^ outweigh any argument you could make to sway my opinion otherwise.

but chris being reckless and selfish is THE WHOLE POINT!
he's going through the anger stage, he's clouded by revenge!

Sherry and Chris have different personalities, and different ways of dealing with things

and oh god, you used the 'you make a good point, but my argument is better' card. i can't believe it.

you didn't read my post, if you had read it, you'd have known i included chris chapter 3 there and i already explained it to you why he was that way. and no, the character have not been through what chris have.

they have dealt with the outbreaks, but leon has never seen his ENTIRE TEAM get killed right before his eyes. he saw civillians and people he didn't feel responsible for die, people who were not under his command.

sherry herself states during re6 that she was too young to understand what was happening, she only knew that she had to run because her mother told her so. and while she went through horrible things, she had claire by her side the entire time, especially when she went into house arrest.

him being reckless in chapter 3 is the entire point, so when he meets leon and then tells piers that he was right, that chris was running from his past, we can see that he's finally changing.

just admit that you don't like chris, candy, but please stop being stupid. because you're coming off as an ignorant idiot who refuses to understand what's going on. all of chris actions had meaning, all of his actions during chapter 3 were on purpose, so we could see his anger cost him his men one more time and so we could see him changing.
#29longstorm555Posted 11/27/2012 7:03:30 AM
to anyone who didn't like chris campaign because you felt he was out of character and handled the situation poorly:

google PTSD. do it. like, now. then come back here. you know what, i'll cut you a break and post the symptoms here:

Symptoms of PTSD fall into three main categories:

1. "Reliving" the event, which disturbs day-to-day activity

Flashback episodes, where the event seems to be happening again and again

Repeated upsetting memories of the event

Repeated nightmares of the event

Strong, uncomfortable reactions to situations that remind you of the event

2. Avoidance

Emotional "numbing," or feeling as though you don't care about anything

Feeling detached

Being unable to remember important aspects of the trauma

Having a lack of interest in normal activities

Showing less of your moods

Avoiding places, people, or thoughts that remind you of the event

Feeling like you have no future

3. Arousal

Difficulty concentrating

Startling easily

Having an exaggerated response to things that startle you

Feeling more aware (hypervigilance)

Feeling irritable or having outbursts of anger

Having trouble falling or staying asleep

You might feel guilt about the event (including "survivor guilt"). You might also have some of the following symptoms, which are typical of anxiety, stress, and tension:

Agitation or excitability

Dizziness

Fainting

Feeling your heart beat in your chest

Headache

---

ok, see that?

the most important symptoms chris showed:

Having an exaggerated response to things that startle you

Feeling irritable or having outbursts of anger

---

his actions had meaning. all of them. and i think that's worthy of praise to the producers and writers because they got it right. in a game where the plot sucks, they got it very right.

so if you don't like chris or didn't like his gameplay, that's absolutely okay. but don't say you didn't like it because he was out of character and a drunk.

the entire point of his campaign was him getting his life back and getting over the trauma he went through. his actions ahd consequences and he will live with them through all his life, but he has accepted them and moved on.
#30MrSmi7hPosted 11/27/2012 7:19:48 AM
Someone complaining about Chris being an @ss and not the default hero with small to 0 development...funny.

I want back my flat and poor archetypal heroes, nao!!!!