Leon and ada (no spoilers)

#41skermacPosted 11/28/2012 2:52:03 PM
desi_shinobi posted...
I always wanted Leon and Claire to get it on at some point. But its just so friendzoned between them, I reckon Leon has the skill to takedown those friendship barriers and "wifey" Claire Redfield.

But this will undoubtly ever happen.

Looking at Capcoms history of retconning RE a lot.

None of us can forsee the future..

- Some of us want Leon X Ada to settle down because they aren't getting any younger
Or
- Some think Ada will always be a lone wolf and **** knows what will happen to Leon.

So their is NO FACT with the Leon and Ada relationship other then our own perception of their relationship from what we have read and seen in RE2,4,D,6.

We can only wait and see what happens in the future, it may not be in RE7 or 8 but Capcom better sort it out.

I agree with what you say, however, Capcom has said the game is not and never will be about romance, so our perceptions of their romance is all we will ever have.
#42good_tobiPosted 12/2/2012 5:52:19 AM
skermac posted...
desi_shinobi posted...
I always wanted Leon and Claire to get it on at some point. But its just so friendzoned between them, I reckon Leon has the skill to takedown those friendship barriers and "wifey" Claire Redfield.

- Some of us want Leon X Ada to settle down because they aren't getting any younger
Or
- Some think Ada will always be a lone wolf and **** knows what will happen to Leon.

So their is NO FACT with the Leon and Ada relationship other then our own perception of their relationship from what we have read and seen in RE2,4,D,6.

We can only wait and see what happens in the future, it may not be in RE7 or 8 but Capcom better sort it out.

I agree with what you say, however, Capcom has said the game is not and never will be about romance, so our perceptions of their romance is all we will ever have.

That claim can be misdirected. I have seen many people doing the same to protect/hide their plot. The producer, Hiroyuki Kobayashi said that they never intended to include romance but then again Code veronica has that element. Also not to forget, the same guy said there would be new developments regarding Leon and Ada relationship. A cutscene named rekindled feelings says it all, doesn't it?
---
Those who break rules are trash but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash.
#43longstorm555Posted 12/2/2012 6:49:33 AM
good_tobi posted...
skermac posted...
desi_shinobi posted...

Or

That claim can be misdirected. I have seen many people doing the same to protect/hide their plot. The producer, Hiroyuki Kobayashi said that they never intended to include romance but then again Code veronica has that element. Also not to forget, the same guy said there would be new developments regarding Leon and Ada relationship. A cutscene named rekindled feelings says it all, doesn't it?

it doesn't say anything.

it was not just kobayashi that said it, it was the producer of five, also the one in 4.

all you can take from that name is a hint, at best.

why are you so keen on denying that they don't want romance?

and, hm:

reĚkinĚdle (r-kndl)
tr.v. reĚkinĚdled, reĚkinĚdling, reĚkinĚdles
1. To relight (a fire).
2. To revive or renew: rekindled an old interest in the sciences.

simmon's rekindled feelings for ada almost set the world on fire

ada and leon hadn't seen each other in a long, long while, thus they relived what they'd gone through before, it doesn't help that the cutscene where leon protects ada is a direct reference to re2.

please do not forget that te same cutscene is named different for leon's campaign, 'rekindled' is only for ada making it all the more about simmons and ada and a bit about leon.
#44loverboyyssPosted 12/2/2012 7:04:31 AM
What Longstorm said.

It's a good thing she posted the def of 'Rekindled' too because you, Mr. Tobi, seems to think it's a romatic thing.

The feelings of love/hatred Simmons harbored fro Ada came back to the surface, almost sending everything to Hell. Ada and Leon defeated him, going through another biohazard together, and their affection has been rekindled. They care for each other.

And the fact that they need to name it 'Rekindled' makes it all the more against Ada/Leon.

Why rekindle something if it's always been there?

Easy: because they don't keep in touch, they don't have a relationship, they don't love each other therefore in order for them to feel something for each other, they need to search deep, deep down and rekindle that affection they both have since RE2.

There is no romance.

There will be no romance.

It was stated by two producers, the director of Damnation who said and I quote:

"I wanted to write a love story between Leon and Ada, but Capcom FORBADE me."

And so we got that horribly written line spoken by Ada, just to please the director and give a small, tiny 'hint'.
#45skermacPosted 12/2/2012 8:16:40 AM
loverboyyss posted...
What Longstorm said.

It's a good thing she posted the def of 'Rekindled' too because you, Mr. Tobi, seems to think it's a romatic thing.

The feelings of love/hatred Simmons harbored fro Ada came back to the surface, almost sending everything to Hell. Ada and Leon defeated him, going through another biohazard together, and their affection has been rekindled. They care for each other.

And the fact that they need to name it 'Rekindled' makes it all the more against Ada/Leon.

Why rekindle something if it's always been there?

Easy: because they don't keep in touch, they don't have a relationship, they don't love each other therefore in order for them to feel something for each other, they need to search deep, deep down and rekindle that affection they both have since RE2.

There is no romance.

There will be no romance.

It was stated by two producers, the director of Damnation who said and I quote:

"I wanted to write a love story between Leon and Ada, but Capcom FORBADE me."

And so we got that horribly written line spoken by Ada, just to please the director and give a small, tiny 'hint'.

I wonder why Capcom forbid him from writing a love story? Maybe it's like some tv shows where the 2 lead characters flirt but when the finally get together ratings drop and the show is cancelled. The old show Who's the boss is an example most often quoted.

But if there is romance in that directors head for Leon and Ada then it can exist in some of our heads too. I'm glad in a way Capcom won't let directors write it in a game because I like the mystery of it. But I wish we could see the directors notes as to how romantic it would been.

He should write a book if Capcom would let him, or give an interview about what the love story would have been about. I doubt Capcom would let him say in an interview either, a shame.
#46good_tobiPosted 12/2/2012 10:54:55 AM
longstorm555 posted...
good_tobi posted...

it doesn't say anything.

it was not just kobayashi that said it, it was the producer of five, also the one in 4.

all you can take from that name is a hint, at best.

why are you so keen on denying that they don't want romance?

and, hm:

reĚkinĚdle (r-kndl)
tr.v. reĚkinĚdled, reĚkinĚdling, reĚkinĚdles
1. To relight (a fire).
2. To revive or renew: rekindled an old interest in the sciences.

simmon's rekindled feelings for ada almost set the world on fire

ada and leon hadn't seen each other in a long, long while, thus they relived what they'd gone through before, it doesn't help that the cutscene where leon protects ada is a direct reference to re2.

please do not forget that te same cutscene is named different for leon's campaign, 'rekindled' is only for ada making it all the more about simmons and ada and a bit about leon.

oh Longstorm.......whenever you start talking about Leon and Ada, your love for Claire blinds you. I thought our last debate was enough but I was wrong........

Do you really think the game producers/director will give you the spoilers themselves? True, RE main theme isn't romance but little tidbits of romance are found in series. I am not denying that they don't want romance in series, its just I am not believing in them regarding the plot and story.

hahaha and seriously,your idea of "rekindled feelings" really made me laugh especially the burning fire part. Ok then, to think like you I shall see it through CLEON (I'm not accusing you are but who knows) glasses, but then again, at Leon's campaign, its named as "The ties that bind." Its a clear reference to Leon and Ada. Now please, don't say that it meant between Leon and Simmons or even Helena 'cause for that one must be seeing it through Cleon microscope.

My personal perception regarding the cutscene "rekindled feelings" is Ada's fallen in love with Leon again after saving her from Simmons, something that she tried to bury deep down inside her heart for her missions and "the ties that bind" is quiet simple, Leon can't let go of her no matter what.

ada and leon hadn't seen each other in a long, long while, thus they relived what they'd gone through before,

I never understand this part when some people say it that Leon and Ada hadn't seen each other, met just like 6-7 hrs in RE2,4,damnation and 6 etc By this logic, no any characters have met each other more than their in-game time. Damnation has given clear indication that they spend more time behind the scenes doing things that aren't allowed in the game and Re4 has given clear hint Leon keeps on track about Ada all the time.
---
Those who break rules are trash but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash.
#47longstorm555Posted 12/2/2012 11:29:33 AM
good_tobi posted...

oh Longstorm.......whenever you start talking about Leon and Ada, your love for Claire blinds you. I thought our last debate was enough but I was wrong........

Do you really think the game producers/director will give you the spoilers themselves? True, RE main theme isn't romance but little tidbits of romance are found in series. I am not denying that they don't want romance in series, its just I am not believing in them regarding the plot and story.

hahaha and seriously,your idea of "rekindled feelings" really made me laugh especially the burning fire part. Ok then, to think like you I shall see it through CLEON (I'm not accusing you are but who knows) glasses, but then again, at Leon's campaign, its named as "The ties that bind." Its a clear reference to Leon and Ada. Now please, don't say that it meant between Leon and Simmons or even Helena 'cause for that one must be seeing it through Cleon microscope.

My personal perception regarding the cutscene "rekindled feelings" is Ada's fallen in love with Leon again after saving her from Simmons, something that she tried to bury deep down inside her heart for her missions and "the ties that bind" is quiet simple, Leon can't let go of her no matter what.

I never understand this part when some people say it that Leon and Ada hadn't seen each other, met just like 6-7 hrs in RE2,4,damnation and 6 etc By this logic, no any characters have met each other more than their in-game time. Damnation has given clear indication that they spend more time behind the scenes doing things that aren't allowed in the game and Re4 has given clear hint Leon keeps on track about Ada all the time.

i stopped reading it when you said claire and cleon.

you brought it into the conversation.
i never mentioned it. not once.

you're the one who can't see what's around you and think that every time someone comes to burst your leon/ada bubble, the person is cleon shipper.

again, i'm not a shipper.
i like ada better than claire. several posts of mine here on this board indicate that and i have said that time and again.

get your facts straight.

nothing i ever say to you will get through your ehad since you put it there that leon and ada are so completely in love and want to have babies and puppies and everyone who doesn't agree with you is a cleon shipper and claire lover.

you should take your shipper's goggles off and then come talking to me. i've made it quite clear that i do not ship anything and when i do, it's chris and jill, and that's it. i have a problem with people saying two best friends cannot fall in love though, which is why i oftene engage in claire/leon against leon/ada arguments.

if you want to have a conversation with me next time, do not ever accuse me of something, especially when i already claimed i don't do said something or whatever. it's disrespectful and childish. if i had given you no indication whatsoever, it'd still be wrong but more understandble. i have, however, stated several times when you and other leon/ada shippers came poiting fingers.

you boys have to grow up and realize that just because someone doesn't like your precious leon/ada DOES NOT MEAN THAT the person is a hopeless cleon lover or prefers claire over ada.

try to open your mind a little as well as realize that any ship you put leon in has a chance of happening, some more so than ada. do you honestly see a good ending for these two? leon and hunnigan, leon and helena, leon and angela, leon and claire all have good chances. take off your shipper's goggles and see it for yourself, hell, leon/angela is more canon than leon/ada.

so please, grow up and then we can have a discussion without you pointing fingers and accusing me of something i already told you i didn't/don't do.
#48longstorm555Posted 12/2/2012 11:35:30 AM
and GOOD_TOBI

when producers want to tease us about romance, they do so.
when the word 'FORBADE' is uttered by the DIRECTOR who was only allowed to put that cheesy line ada spoke, then it's not a matter of hiding the spoilers, it's a matter of having no spoiler.

and when they're hiding something, there's always a slip, accidental or not.

TWO PRODUCERS PLUS THE DIRECTOR OF THE MOVIE have said there's a NO ROMANCE RULE for every game and that capcom FORBADE them from developing a love story.

and that's all.

asking politely one more time because this needs to get into your head, don't ever accuse me of something again. especially when i already adressed the issue and denied being a shipper or liking claire better.
#49Ty1357911(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 3:53:07 PM
I think the reasons that capcom didnt want the director of damnation to say anything, was because eventually they (capcom) wanted to start the love story between leon and ada. Something i dont understand is why would you assume there will never be any real romance in re. They are just words and the promises can be changed at any time. I think capcom is going to take it up a notch in the next re regarding leon and adas relationship.
#50longstorm555Posted 12/2/2012 3:58:46 PM
Ty1357911 posted...
I think the reasons that capcom didnt want the director of damnation to say anything, was because eventually they (capcom) wanted to start the love story between leon and ada. Something i dont understand is why would you assume there will never be any real romance in re. They are just words and the promises can be changed at any time. I think capcom is going to take it up a notch in the next re regarding leon and adas relationship.

the thing is, i thought so too. but then came 2009, and the producer said 'there's a no romance rule in the games, but if chris and jill were real, you'd know they were more than partners'.

then kobayashi said the same thing regarding all ships and said the closest* thing we get to romance in re is claire/steve. which kinda takes away the hype for leon/ada given that kobayashi himself is a big shipper of the pairing.

then the re6 files which, in both versions, say leon and ada have no romantic feelings for each other.

and, hm, what?

capcom hires people to create these games, and if they forbid something it's because they don't want it in. they let the hints pass because they know some people want them, some people want the romance, but if they wanted to start a love story they'd done it ages ago.

they forbade it.