Can we get back to basics for RE7?

#1BlitzPantherPosted 11/28/2012 2:26:22 PM
Make the next Resident Evil completely like Leon's campaign. Chris Redfield may be my favorite character but all this run and gun is just not Resident Evil.
#2skermacPosted 11/28/2012 2:29:58 PM
BlitzPanther posted...
Make the next Resident Evil completely like Leon's campaign. Chris Redfield may be my favorite character but all this run and gun is just not Resident Evil.

Do you mean RE7 or one of the many games between 6 and 7? One of the games between 6 and 7 could be like you mentioned no problem.
#3tevin1569Posted 11/28/2012 2:43:44 PM
Chris is Resident Evil. The name says Resident Evil and theres no way Capcom will get rid of it. I love it and I'm more than happy to see what's to come... Maybe the Leon from the end of chapter one and begininning of chapter two. But that's about it. I really liked Jakes campaign so..yeah.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#4BlitzPanther(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 3:12:41 PM
Another thing I didnt get is I made through Jake and Leons campaigns just fine, but I spent half of Chris getting knocked on my ass via Javo mutations and sniper fire. I'd be glad if they would axe the whole BOW idea and just got back to the classic zombie, cerberus, hunter, licker equation.
#5BlitzPanther(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 3:15:26 PM
Resident Evil use to be about not knowing whats around the next corner, eerie and suspenseful. I got a slight feel of the classic RE when playing as Leon on the campus level/town and the city after the zombie gas missile. The whole game should be like that, slow and eerie.
#6tevin1569Posted 11/28/2012 3:18:43 PM
The games haven't been slow and eerie since 4.. I don't see them going back.. And it wouldn't sell as well slow and eerie. The beginning of Leons campaign is terrible after your first time. They just won't ever have the feel of classic games, which isn't neccessarly bad. I mean games have evolutionized. And Resident Evil has been doing just fine and I like both, Old and New and don't see any problem in it. But it's every person for their own.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#7edward18Posted 11/28/2012 3:23:22 PM
4 wasn't slow and to me was not eerie other than the Regenerators. Getting back to basics would be doing the classic gameplay again.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#8tevin1569Posted 11/28/2012 3:25:38 PM
edward18 posted...
4 wasn't slow and to me was not eerie other than the Regenerators. Getting back to basics would be doing the classic gameplay again.

That's what I said haha.
---
#9XSilverPhoenixXPosted 11/28/2012 4:49:03 PM
They need to get rid of all the melee combat because that is pure cheese and it makes you want to play the whole game like a beatem up.

The game is not suspenseful at all and everything runs at you while talking. Even Leon's campaign sucked with monotony and for something that could have been amazing it tried too much to be an action movie.

They need to give you things to explore, things to look at and read or view. Everything in the game is rushed through and the exploration feels extremely limited. Once you go through a door in the majority of places you can't go back.
#10BlitzPanther(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 7:09:53 PM
bump