Can we get back to basics for RE7?

#11tevin1569Posted 11/29/2012 8:17:54 PM
NO BUMP NO BUMP!! Kidding, But I still respect your opinion but I still disagree. And By the way I really like the Melees and this game has a ton of suspense.. To me at least. I don't know I just really like this direction.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#12BlitzPanther(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 8:23:33 PM
Last night I made this post before finishing Ada's campaign. The ship/oil platform or whatever did get a bit skin crawly at the end there lol.
#13GaullerPosted 11/29/2012 8:37:53 PM(edited)
BlitzPanther posted...
Another thing I didnt get is I made through Jake and Leons campaigns just fine, but I spent half of Chris getting knocked on my ass via Javo mutations and sniper fire. I'd be glad if they would axe the whole BOW idea and just got back to the classic zombie, cerberus, hunter, licker equation.

Even the first game calls the creatures "BOWs".
#14zombie_basher13Posted 11/29/2012 9:57:23 PM
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
They need to get rid of all the melee combat because that is pure cheese and it makes you want to play the whole game like a beatem up.

The game is not suspenseful at all and everything runs at you while talking. Even Leon's campaign sucked with monotony and for something that could have been amazing it tried too much to be an action movie.

They need to give you things to explore, things to look at and read or view. Everything in the game is rushed through and the exploration feels extremely limited. Once you go through a door in the majority of places you can't go back.

Yeah, RE 6 is pretty much FF XIII in terms of extreme linearity, and dumbed down content...even XIII-2 had QTEs. Sigh....
---
Look alive, you fools.
#15ridley723Posted 11/29/2012 10:12:18 PM
It doesn't matter what Capcom does. The "I played RE since launch on PS1" crowd will always find something to moan and cry about.

Personally, I think a re-introduction of exploration, treasure hunting and weapon customization would be nice. Control wise however I think it would be foolish to go back. Why give us all this freedom for it to be taken away from us in the next installment?
#16chaostdkPosted 11/29/2012 10:23:26 PM
BlitzPanther posted...
Resident Evil use to be about not knowing whats around the next corner, eerie and suspenseful. I got a slight feel of the classic RE when playing as Leon on the campus level/town and the city after the zombie gas missile. The whole game should be like that, slow and eerie.

Resident Evil used to be about protagonists placed in a situation where they have to deal with a biohazardous outbreak, usually while also dealing with some bio organic weapons.

oh wait, it still is.
#17edward18Posted 11/29/2012 10:34:49 PM
except it doesn't play like it used to
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#18tevin1569Posted 11/29/2012 10:37:17 PM
Yeah your right, It plays WAY better. Comparing old ones to new ones isn't fair, it just ends in fighting.. But I like both.. So yeah... Take that in your pancakes and eat it..(PG)
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#19edward18Posted 11/29/2012 10:44:21 PM
People have different opinions. My opinion is that the classics play way better and that gameplay for a main series should not change.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#20biohazard1775Posted 11/30/2012 10:36:44 AM
RE7 needs to be RE: Revelations in console form.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Xre11.gif http://i.imgur.com/a5mMY.gif