Honestly, Sherry might be the best written female character in the series

#11longstorm555Posted 11/28/2012 7:11:39 PM
i really, really love the way she's portrayed.

she's not super strong, but she can hold her own, she knows how to fight and she stands her ground against ustanak to protect jake

and because of her healing abilities, she's completely reckless, throwing herself in enemy line without even thinking. i love that she refuses chris' advice for her to stand back, and i love that she doesn't seem annoyed at leon's constant need to protect her because she understands he sees her as his little girl (maybe as a daughter or little sister. i tend to go with daughter, given that she refers to him and claire as her 'new parents', and given that they retconned her age to that of a ten year old during re2. it'd make sense for her, a child who craved the attention and love of her parents, to find it in the two strangers who risked their lives for her), and i liked how we saw the contrast between all these characters:

she has great admiration for chris and goes out of her way to help him, even when she didn't need to

she has great affection for leon and is concerned for him just as much (showed in that elevator ride: if she goes with chris, she will ask about leon and if he's alive)okay and she sounds really scared that he might not be)

i'm not even going to mention the connection she feels with claire because...duh.

and even though she likes jake, she refuses to let him blame his mistakes on his father. she makes him accept responsabilities for his own actions. she turns a boy into a man by the end of their campaign.

and the fact that she has her own personality, that she still believes in good people even after all the crap that happened to her is awesome, but what's even more awesome is that she's not a damsel in distress.

she's not too moody, she's not too 'sexy', she's not over the top. she's a regular girl who had a lot of crap thrown her way but she still managed to survive and to not lose her sense of affection in the process.

sherry's pretty amazing, and i'm so thankful capcom didn't go with the 'villain' route some fans wanted. instead of sherry being angry at claire for abandoning her, we got motherly claire and fatherly leon who stood by sherry's side through all the pain, espcially claire.
#12Plant42(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 7:56:20 PM
I love how everyone wanted to protect Sherry. I don't blame them one bit.
#13ManuMIASPosted 11/28/2012 8:00:43 PM
longstorm555 posted...
i really, really love the way she's portrayed.

she's not super strong, but she can hold her own, she knows how to fight and she stands her ground against ustanak to protect jake

and because of her healing abilities, she's completely reckless, throwing herself in enemy line without even thinking. i love that she refuses chris' advice for her to stand back, and i love that she doesn't seem annoyed at leon's constant need to protect her because she understands he sees her as his little girl (maybe as a daughter or little sister. i tend to go with daughter, given that she refers to him and claire as her 'new parents', and given that they retconned her age to that of a ten year old during re2. it'd make sense for her, a child who craved the attention and love of her parents, to find it in the two strangers who risked their lives for her), and i liked how we saw the contrast between all these characters:

she has great admiration for chris and goes out of her way to help him, even when she didn't need to

she has great affection for leon and is concerned for him just as much (showed in that elevator ride: if she goes with chris, she will ask about leon and if he's alive)okay and she sounds really scared that he might not be)

i'm not even going to mention the connection she feels with claire because...duh.

and even though she likes jake, she refuses to let him blame his mistakes on his father. she makes him accept responsabilities for his own actions. she turns a boy into a man by the end of their campaign.

and the fact that she has her own personality, that she still believes in good people even after all the crap that happened to her is awesome, but what's even more awesome is that she's not a damsel in distress.

she's not too moody, she's not too 'sexy', she's not over the top. she's a regular girl who had a lot of crap thrown her way but she still managed to survive and to not lose her sense of affection in the process.

sherry's pretty amazing, and i'm so thankful capcom didn't go with the 'villain' route some fans wanted. instead of sherry being angry at claire for abandoning her, we got motherly claire and fatherly leon who stood by sherry's side through all the pain, espcially claire.

THIS!
#14Darkside_HazukiPosted 11/28/2012 8:04:26 PM
I'd believe the statement introduced in this topic if it wasn't supported by a bunch of Japanophiles who have a weird thing for vulnerable, soft-spoken little girls.

Typical fanboy topic where nobody would know good writing if it was a pop-up during their rule34 adventures. And lol at her "portrayal" when she was victimized on three whole occasions and offered nothing but fanservice in chapter 3. This is so screwed up it ain't even funny, and what's worse are the weirdos trying to make it look like something else.
---
Metal Gear Online: Gabe LOGAN; Resident Evil Outbreak: Stick_Breitling
#15longstorm555Posted 11/28/2012 8:07:41 PM
Darkside_Hazuki posted...
I'd believe the statement introduced in this topic if it wasn't supported by a bunch of Japanophiles who have a weird thing for vulnerable, soft-spoken little girls.

Typical fanboy topic where nobody would know good writing if it was a pop-up during their rule34 adventures. And lol at her "portrayal" when she was victimized on three whole occasions and offered nothing but fanservice in chapter 3. This is so screwed up it ain't even funny, and what's worse are the weirdos trying to make it look like something else.

so let me get this: you have a problem with jill's fanbase, sherry's fanbase, claire's fanbase, ada's fanbase...i'm guessing helena's fanbase too?
#16Plant42(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 8:09:22 PM
You try too hard Darkside. Just makes you look like even more of a moron.
#17VolcanoBoulderPosted 11/28/2012 8:11:25 PM(edited)

Sherry is far from well-written, but it's not like the other characters in RE are any better. She at least almost has something resembling a personality, though the lack of legitimate character development stings (though it's not like any other RE characters have that either...). As it stands, she's probably the most "human" character in the game, and possibly female RE character in general. Which is interesting, because she's literally superhuman.
#18Hello4438Posted 11/28/2012 8:37:13 PM
Darkside is one of those rare occasions where I would actually be for abortions.

Seriously Darkside. No one likes you, you one is amused by you, no one takes your posts seriously. You fail on just about every level. You are accomplishing nothing other than wasting your own time writing out like moronic replies. Do us all a favor and permanently unplug your Internet.
#19PechabusterPosted 11/28/2012 9:56:19 PM
VolcanoBoulder posted...

Sherry is far from well-written, but it's not like the other characters in RE are any better. She at least almost has something resembling a personality, though the lack of legitimate character development stings (though it's not like any other RE characters have that either...). As it stands, she's probably the most "human" character in the game, and possibly female RE character in general. Which is interesting, because she's literally superhuman.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/64731638/725295410
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/64730435/725432001
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/64730435/725419637
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/64738454/725410953
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/64742003/725433685

Don't, don't even try. This guys a completely insane misogynic. This is called a complete otaku in Japan. Either that or he is a VERY huge troll
#20PechabusterPosted 11/28/2012 9:58:14 PM
longstorm555 posted...

so let me get this: you have a problem with jill's fanbase, sherry's fanbase, claire's fanbase, ada's fanbase...i'm guessing helena's fanbase too?

He has problems with FEMALES period. I think this one should concern you the most http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/64742003/725433685.

(these are all topics that I posted in btw)