Honestly, Sherry might be the best written female character in the series

#31gamestop27Posted 11/29/2012 8:42:44 AM(edited)
Darkside_Hazuki posted...
I'd believe the statement introduced in this topic if it wasn't supported by a bunch of Japanophiles who have a weird thing for vulnerable, soft-spoken little girls.

Typical fanboy topic where nobody would know good writing if it was a pop-up during their rule34 adventures. And lol at her "portrayal" when she was victimized on three whole occasions and offered nothing but fanservice in chapter 3. This is so screwed up it ain't even funny, and what's worse are the weirdos trying to make it look like something else.

Agreed. Not on the Japanophiles part, but the bit about the obseession with vulnerable, soft spoken little girls.
---
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.
#32Plant42(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 8:49:06 AM
There seems to be an extreme exeggertion of how week and vulnerable she is.
#33Candy__GirlPosted 11/29/2012 1:06:31 PM
For those of you who have a problem with how young she looked for being a 26 year old woman go read the files. It's all explained in there...
#34skermacPosted 11/29/2012 1:08:38 PM
Plant42 posted...
Her personality actually feels believable and like able. Most of the RE females just act like cardboard cutouts

Ada had a great personality in RE4, but they didn't do as good a job with her in RE6, so Sherry is better in this game. I hope they do a better job for Ada in the next game.
#35Steven-ChasePosted 11/29/2012 2:18:34 PM
IlDanko posted...
i don't know she's maybe a bit to childish to be a 27 years old woman... i still like her though, but i think i will go with jill

Have you met that many 27-year-old girls? Aside from the fact that her G-Virus has been canonically confirmed to slow down her aging (which could very well affect her personality and maturity level--we don't know), 27 isn't exactly "ancient." I'm 25 and know several girls older than me that still act like they're in high school.
---
www.steven-chase.com
#36PechabusterPosted 11/29/2012 3:43:48 PM
gamestop27 posted...
I'd believe the statement introduced in this topic if it wasn't supported by a bunch of Japanophiles who have a weird thing for vulnerable, soft-spoken little girls.

Typical fanboy topic where nobody would know good writing if it was a pop-up during their rule34 adventures. And lol at her "portrayal" when she was victimized on three whole occasions and offered nothing but fanservice in chapter 3. This is so screwed up it ain't even funny, and what's worse are the weirdos trying to make it look like something else.

Agreed. Not on the Japanophiles part, but the bit about the obseession with vulnerable, soft spoken little girls.

I could care less about Sherry. I just find Helena immoral and didn't like this version's Ada much at all. Carla was the coolest female though her motives were insane (like really really insane, like Medea from Greek mythology. So yeah RE6 females were pretty bad so Sherry is the best out of them.

But I don't see any obsession here. I see way more Helena obsession than Sherry and Sherry has both a better personality and looks.
#37BasementDudePosted 11/29/2012 3:46:16 PM
i like helena's voice <3 laura bailey
---
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 200,003,733
#38longstorm555Posted 11/29/2012 4:32:27 PM
Pechabuster posted...
gamestop27 posted...

I could care less about Sherry. I just find Helena immoral and didn't like this version's Ada much at all. Carla was the coolest female though her motives were insane (like really really insane, like Medea from Greek mythology. So yeah RE6 females were pretty bad so Sherry is the best out of them.

But I don't see any obsession here. I see way more Helena obsession than Sherry and Sherry has both a better personality and looks.

except for me really liking sherry, i agree to all of this. i do udnerstand helena's motives, but she shouldn't have walked away with what she did, and it's hard to like her at first when she's so keen on disregarding possible survivors.

i love carla so much, and i think it's funny ada's 'clone' has more personality than the real one. carla's facial expressions were so good, especially in that cutscene in chapter 4 of chris' campaign.
#39desi_shinobiPosted 11/29/2012 4:43:29 PM

Why do you always do this..

Your not actually not all knowing, you make up statistics and so called facts in your head and type into a gaming forum thinking everyone is an idiot and will they will buy it. Need to get off your high horse sonny.

Your actually making yourself look stupid and pretencious.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#40PechabusterPosted 11/29/2012 7:25:23 PM
longstorm555 posted...
Pechabuster posted...
gamestop27 posted...

except for me really liking sherry, i agree to all of this. i do udnerstand helena's motives, but she shouldn't have walked away with what she did, and it's hard to like her at first when she's so keen on disregarding possible survivors.

i love carla so much, and i think it's funny ada's 'clone' has more personality than the real one. carla's facial expressions were so good, especially in that cutscene in chapter 4 of chris' campaign.

Ugh, my post was worded really badly. My first sentence was meant as I'm not obsessed with her but yeah she's definitely one of my favorite characters in RE6. In fact she was the first person I played as and beat the campaign with! And yeah Carla was cool in how she was so nonchalent the entire time (except after she became insane after getting shot which was also cool, I love calm, cool villians getting a villianous breakdown at the end) but one thing that really stood out was how she reminded me SO much of Wesker in RE5. The way she talks so pompously, the way she emphasizes the word Chris, when she taunted Wesker the mannerisms were completely like Wesker and her gun looked like the Samurai Edge. And to top it all off her Mercs taunt is "I'll see you dead"!! And her "I'll be queen of the new world". (replace queen with god) I mean SHE should've been Wesker's child.