The best mercenaries character is...

#1RamenNoodleSoupPosted 11/28/2012 9:13:28 PM
Sherry costume 1 (especially on Steel Beast)
---
"You won't be able to master this car that easily"
#2Chunx907Posted 11/28/2012 9:15:03 PM
Jake and Carla are pretty good
#3bernhardt123Posted 11/28/2012 9:18:59 PM
Carla. Just my opinion though.
---
PSN: bernhardt123
#4RamenNoodleSoup(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 9:23:08 PM
But can Carla take out the Napads in Steel Beast effectively? Unlike the magnum, her shotgun receives ammo drops. (and its still a great combo saver)
---
#5DanielSpace79Posted 11/28/2012 9:25:05 PM
RamenNoodleSoup posted...
But can Carla take out the Napads in Steel Beast effectively? Unlike the magnum, her shotgun receives ammo drops. (and its still a great combo saver)

??? Carla doesn't have a shotgun...?
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#6slapper1Posted 11/28/2012 9:25:20 PM
Carla. Her standard pistol counter is perfect for later parts of zombie maps and her grenade launcher counter is good for earlier parts. Her acid rounds set up CDG's on J'avo and Bloodshots in a single round and have a wide AOE effect, her pistol is strong enough to set up stuns in a single arm shot and can drop Whoppers in just over 2 clips. She is beast!
---
Stupidity isn't a virus, but it sure is spreading like one!
#7RamenNoodleSoup(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 9:29:47 PM
DanielSpace79 posted...
RamenNoodleSoup posted...

??? Carla doesn't have a shotgun...?

I meant that Carla lacks powerful weapons to handle Napads, and the magnum of Jake is limited on ammo, whereas Sherry's shotgun receives ammo drops during the runs.
---
#8nina_chanPosted 11/28/2012 9:50:26 PM
I meant that Carla lacks powerful weapons to handle Napads, and the magnum of Jake is limited on ammo, whereas Sherry's shotgun receives ammo drops during the runs.

Her grenade launcher comes with 24 rounds: 6 explosives, 12 acids, 6 napalms
That's more than enough to deal with the wave of Napads in Steel Beast or the hidden one in Urban Chaos. You don't even need to use all of them to beat the Napads as one clip from her handgun is all that's needed to finish off one that's already had it's shell broken.

As for Sherry's alt, her loadout is great if you want to breeze through Mercs like you're on Easy mode, but not so much if you want a challenge.
#9Devil_Killer_JCPosted 11/28/2012 9:57:21 PM
*sigh*, no, Sherry costume one is not the best mercs character. She's just a jack of all trades, pure and simple. She is probably the best for rookies and shotgun spammers, but that's about it.

Jake is tied for best with both Chris types for UC due to his counter being effective on punching zombies (which is the majority of zombies on UC) and fast CDG setups. He is the best SB, HSF and RY due to the quick CDG setups, and he's decent on Catacombs until the grabbers show up. He does suck on MTD, due to his counter sucking on grabbing zombies.

Both Chris types are best for all zombie maps, due to the fact that their counter kills all zombies minus the firemen and BSAA zombies (in UC) if it hits. The lack of health items sucks, but you should be able to get by with what is laying around the level. He's not too good for J'avo maps, due to the nature of his CDG (which is SLOW).

Carla is also better than Sherry Costume 1 on the zombie maps, since her counter kills grabbers most of the time, and she can equip her GL to counter punching zombies too.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#10dodgekk9Posted 11/28/2012 9:58:04 PM
I'd say Jake is the best mercenaries character, followed by Carla in a close second. Jake has a decent starting health, powerful counters, and a great combo saving weapon. If he isn't the best, then why are all of the leaderboards consist of Jake at the top rankings, with another character here and there. Carla is a close second because here grenade launcher isn't as good of a combo saver compared to Jake's magnum.
---
http://www.youtube.com/platinumphalanges - My Youtube channel. / PSN: PressStart101