The best mercenaries character is...

#31DanielSpace79Posted 11/29/2012 11:22:17 AM
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
TifaLink0 posted...
What's is the grenade glitch? I use default Chris so that might help me.

Set up a CDG, toss a grenade at a bunch of zombies/J'avo, then do the CDG. The kills from the grenade will count as CDG kills instead of grenade kills. I think there might be a timing involved, but I'm not 100% sure (I haven't tried it myself yet, I've been too busy with Black Ops 2).

Huh. I wonder if that works for Bloodshots and Incendiary Grenades....
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#32ChariceChanPosted 11/29/2012 12:40:00 PM(edited)
I'd say Jake is the best. He's great against the J'avos with his hand to hand & his counters are powerful. However it really depends on your play style on who you think is best. I really enjoy using Jake costume as well. I see people saying he is one of the worst, however I really think he's one of the best. Its depending on how you play him.

Anyway, my top 5 are:

Jake
Carla
Chris
Sherry
Jake (Costume)

Those 5 are my best characters and have the highest score solo. Jake & Carla being the highest with a million, solo.
#33wowitsyugiPosted 11/29/2012 12:41:45 PM
DanielSpace79 posted...

The explosion must take place during the CDG's animation (any time from start to finish). If you plan on using Incendaries, you need to be VERY quick (as in, throw it a far distance and CDG immediately). Obviously, this works best with Hand Grenades and Ada's Pipe Bomb since you won't be rushed.

And if you're using Chris, there's no timing involved at all since his CDG animation is VERY long. With other characters, just wait half a second after throwing the hand grenade and then perform the CDG.
#34skermacPosted 11/29/2012 1:04:42 PM
The best mercenaries character is... not in RE6, they are in RE4. Wesker for the castle, Ada and Krauser for the villiage, anyone for the other areas.

If I have to pick one for RE6 it's Sherry. With her handgun and magnum she can dominate any area.
#35DanielSpace79Posted 11/29/2012 2:00:30 PM
wowitsyugi posted...
DanielSpace79 posted...

The explosion must take place during the CDG's animation (any time from start to finish). If you plan on using Incendaries, you need to be VERY quick (as in, throw it a far distance and CDG immediately). Obviously, this works best with Hand Grenades and Ada's Pipe Bomb since you won't be rushed.

And if you're using Chris, there's no timing involved at all since his CDG animation is VERY long. With other characters, just wait half a second after throwing the hand grenade and then perform the CDG.

Ha- I was just thinking that, You can get a drink, use the restroom, file your tax return and take a brief nap by the time his animation finishes loading. Is there a maximum to how many zombies you can get "CdG" credit for? When I palying the game initially I'd killed something like 8 zombies at a time with a grenade or remote bomb
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#36tevin1569Posted 11/29/2012 3:24:11 PM
adawongthespy posted...
Some of you are guys I'm assuming? And you're playing as female characters? Seriously...where did all the straight guys go?

What does that have to do with anything. First off they could be our favorites . Second were good with those characters & third it has nothing to do with being gay are straight. Also get your weirldy sexist butt out of here!
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#37UnfoolishPosted 11/29/2012 3:55:18 PM
Jake is the best Mercenaries character, look at the Leaderboard alone at the highest scores achieved. He is too good on all of the maps. Reasons is that he comes with 10 health tablets then he gets to pick up additional health items on the stage which means his endurance is very high so taunts are rare, his Elephant Magnum is super powerful 1 hit kills on Bloodshots/Lightning Hawk does 1 shot brings a Bloodshot for a CDG set up. His handgun is very solid, enough for a headshot~melee set up. Hand to hand combat, he can capitalize gaining seconds on the clock like Mr. Popcornhead J'avo for example where other characters must shoot it down without time gained or melee a mutating one for time.

Both default Sherry and School Girl Sherry are beast on all the maps. I would place default Sherry slightly above School Girl Sherry simply because of the Lightning Hawk Magnum and the Stun Rod for CDG set ups. However School Girl Sherry has the Bear Commander/Grenade Launcher which is definitely better than the Triple Shot handgun.

Let me get this out of the way.... School Girl Sherry is very scrubby. I can't tell you how many times a beginner equips Item Drop Increase with School Girl Sherry and spam her Bear Commander on enemies, Quickshot enemies 1 hit kills with the Assault Shotgun...then no time is gained and time is running out and I'm working my ass off to get 5 second melee kills and 7 seconds CDG set ups and lucky 10 second counters. Let's not even talk about default Chris scrubby either.... -_____-

Anyway back on topic, Carla is the possibly 3rd or 4th best.. interchangeable with School Girl Sherry. IMO the only thing Carla is missing is a Quickshot instant kill weapon like an Assault Shotgun/Sniper Rifle so I guess Capcom did not give it to her since that would make her OP... seriously she got the best and fastest melee attacks, Picador is the strongest handgun and 24 Grenade Launcher rounds mixed with Explosive/Nitrogen/Acid types.

I would place default Chris 5th only because he lacks health items and his melee speed is very slow but he is still powerful CombatKnife/Lightning Hawk Magnum/Assault Rifile...

I can't tell who is bottom tier default Piers or RPD Helena. His problem is lack of health, slow melee speed but his MP is good, Sniper is strong and Remote Bombs for crowd control. RPD Helena's main problem is the Ammo Box 50, the weakest and worst gun ever in the game...BUFFS please Capcom! Her melee is like Piers.. ehh however RPD Helena comes with 1 Red Herb/1 First Aid Spray so health is not an issue and the Sniper Rifle is good also Incendiary Grenades for crowd control.

I recall someone posted default Ada and White Dress Ada were the worst, not true.. those two excel on J'avo zombies and can handle zombie maps.
#38linmlcwPosted 11/29/2012 9:00:02 PM
RamenNoodleSoup posted...
But can Carla take out the Napads in Steel Beast effectively?

Nitrogen rounds. With other characters, if you break their shells with a melee when they're staggered the napads will turn around to face you, but once you freeze them with nitrogen rounds and melee them, it's actually the melee that staggers them, meaning if you run behind them for the melee they'll just sit there nicely afterwards for you to fire a few shots into their weak spot. If you run out of nitrogen rounds for the napads simply switch to explosive rounds. She has more than enough ammo to manage the stage effectively.

Carla's my personal favorite, but I wouldn't say she's the best. She can handle all types of situations better than most characters but like others have said here, Jake is just too good for j'avo stages, Chris's counter is amazing, etc.
---
[It's gettin' much harder to say no, and even harder to say yes.]
#39Pat33ablePosted 11/29/2012 9:07:09 PM(edited)
Jake (Costume 1) hands down...
---
2-3 posts per thread...Small fish fry! "GT: Pat33able"
This one's for youuuuuu Morph...!!!
#40DemonSlayer92Posted 11/30/2012 8:00:04 AM
"Never had a mission so easy!"
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6096902
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6103703