Does it get any worse than Jake chapter 2?

#1AssaultMonkey9Posted 11/29/2012 1:02:17 PM
I havent started Leons campaign yet, since Im following a suggested chronological order of chris1&2 then jake 1-3 then leon I think

But man, that beginning section in the snow with tons of combat made me realize why people hated this game. Im surprisingly enjoying it, best to think of this game as a fun if flawed 3rd person shooter than a RE game.

I turned off the demo when I got to chris' section but found myself enjoying the first 2 chapters of chris

ONE HUGE COMPLAINT:

If this is a shooter, either give more ammo, because right not i face almost every enemy the same way- shoot 1 or 2 rounds then go melee crazy til its dead.

Either conserve ammo and make it a survival game, or give enough ammo to get the job done
---
Now Playing: Black Ops 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, RE6
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#2skermacPosted 11/29/2012 1:07:14 PM
AssaultMonkey9 posted...
I havent started Leons campaign yet, since Im following a suggested chronological order of chris1&2 then jake 1-3 then leon I think

But man, that beginning section in the snow with tons of combat made me realize why people hated this game. Im surprisingly enjoying it, best to think of this game as a fun if flawed 3rd person shooter than a RE game.

I turned off the demo when I got to chris' section but found myself enjoying the first 2 chapters of chris

ONE HUGE COMPLAINT:

If this is a shooter, either give more ammo, because right not i face almost every enemy the same way- shoot 1 or 2 rounds then go melee crazy til its dead.

Either conserve ammo and make it a survival game, or give enough ammo to get the job done

I'm curious where you got that chronological order? For me it seemed more in order to do Leon's campaign first. By the time I got to Chris I had skills and everything built up. I think you would enjoy the game more if you did Leons campaign first to keep the story in order.
#3AssaultMonkey9(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 1:08:00 PM
I just wish there was an OPTION to play the game in chronological order so you dont get anything spoiled.

Im scouring forums and cant figure it out
---
Now Playing: Black Ops 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, RE6
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#4AdethPosted 11/29/2012 1:46:11 PM
Honestly, there isn't much to spoil.
Playing it in chronological order would just make things tedious, since you have to do the same events over and over.

Regarding your complaint, you answered your own question. They don't give you ammo because it's not your typical TPS. You are supposed to get your hands dirty and conserve your ammo.
#5Dark_SpiretPosted 11/29/2012 2:05:14 PM(edited)
i feel its best to do it in the chronological order. Yeah you have to do certain boss fights again fairly quickly, but it also helps with the storytelling and keeping up with the suspense. It also helps in varying up play styles.

As for Jake 2 i can see why people would dislike it, but it seems like the hate that part gets is way over blown. just run past everything or take it slow. the guys only come 2 or so at a time. its not hard to get past that.

as far as ammo you just need to invest more in certain skills. ones that will increase firearm power so fewer shots spent or ones that increase ammo drop rates or being able to get more ammo per drops.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy 13-2 - Black Ops 2 - Torchlight 2