Re4's dumb storyline

#1mgs4fan540Posted 11/30/2012 12:38:17 AM
So one of my friends told me about how RE4's story is dumb. But I'm not sure if its accurate, so I want you guys to you know, help me out.

So I heard the reason why the story of RE4 is dumb is because well Saddler basically wants to infect America, and then the entire world. So he kidnaps the presidents daughter and infects her with the las plagas. Meanwhile, the U.S orders Leon to go save the presidents daughter. Leon eventually finds ashley, but then everyone tries to kill him.

Problem #1: If Saddler wanted to infect the U.S with ashley, why didn't he let ashley escape the island? If she goes back to the U.S, then the virus inside her will infect everyone anyway. I mean Leon & ashley had a rescue chopper, but saddler's men blew it up.

Problem #2: How the hell did Leon (and the U.S) know where ashley is?

Problem #3: Wouldn't it have been better if Saddler went to Washington D.C, inject las plagas to some random citizen, and let the virus spread from that person?
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#2Ty1357911Posted 11/30/2012 12:40:45 AM
mgs4fan540 posted...
So one of my friends told me about how RE4's story is dumb. But I'm not sure if its accurate, so I want you guys to you know, help me out.

So I heard the reason why the story of RE4 is dumb is because well Saddler basically wants to infect America, and then the entire world. So he kidnaps the presidents daughter and infects her with the las plagas. Meanwhile, the U.S orders Leon to go save the presidents daughter. Leon eventually finds ashley, but then everyone tries to kill him.

Problem #1: If Saddler wanted to infect the U.S with ashley, why didn't he let ashley escape the island? If she goes back to the U.S, then the virus inside her will infect everyone anyway. I mean Leon & ashley had a rescue chopper, but saddler's men blew it up.

Problem #3: Wouldn't it have been better if Saddler went to Washington D.C, inject las plagas to some random citizen, and let the virus spread from that person?

1. He wanted money. 2. Krauser or ada spilt the leak to the us government. 3.he needed money and I dont think he had means of transportation
#3edward18Posted 11/30/2012 12:54:54 AM
God yes. Oh my ****ing god that title is the ****ing truth. Never in all of the series has there been a worse and less relevant plot.

So I heard the reason why the story of RE4 is dumb is because well Saddler basically wants to infect America, and then the entire world.

....how's that the dumb part?

So he kidnaps the presidents daughter and infects her with the las plagas. Meanwhile, the U.S orders Leon to go save the presidents daughter. Leon eventually finds ashley, but then everyone tries to kill him.

Yeah, that is pretty damn stupid.

Cause Saddler's the stupidest villain in the entire series.

*shrug*

No, because 1, he'd get ****ing murdered. 2. The original Las Plagas does not spread like that. It has to be manually injected into the host with surgical equipment.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#4IlDankoPosted 11/30/2012 1:04:09 AM
edward18 posted...
God yes. Oh my ****ing god that title is the ****ing truth. Never in all of the series has there been a worse and less relevant plot.

looks like you felt pretty good refuting the plot of the game you hate the most x D

And yeahh if you look it that way the plot is pretty dumb
---
"It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn... with, like, a bomb"- Saul Silver ....PSN: Dan21993
#5edward18Posted 11/30/2012 1:10:36 AM

looks like you felt pretty good refuting the plot of the game you hate the most x D

DISLIKE the most. As a game it's amazing. As a Resident Evil game it's complete crap.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#6randyc80Posted 11/30/2012 1:12:29 AM
1) They didn't want Leon rescuing Ashley because he had seen enough of what was going on that they would at the very least give her an extensive medical examination and figure out what was happening. Plus, they needed the Plaga inside of her to mature and take control completely so that she wouldn't just blab about what happened when she was returned to her father.

Set it up as a kidnapping and make some demands...release her safely (when she is under Saddler's control) and game on!

2) As mentioned above, Ada tipped them off that Ashely might be in the area....nothing solid, which is why they sent Leon to check it out.....instead of unleashing an entire military task force on foreign soil with little to no proof.

3) The point wasn't to infect a random American and spread Las Plagas....it was to secretly infect the President's daughter.....who lives in the White House....you know, with the President? She would have full access to her father when no one else was around so that she could infect HIM.

You then have the most powerful man in the US under the control of Saddler and he would have complete access to other powerful men....including senators, judges, foreign diginitaries, etc.

Now is this excellent writing? No, it isn't, but it is on par with your average Hollywood flick so I don't really see the problem.
#7randyc80Posted 11/30/2012 1:13:38 AM
Hey Edward!

Haven't been on the board in awhile. How are you doing?
#8edward18Posted 11/30/2012 1:18:55 AM
I've been doing okay I guess. Unfortunately the Mega Man Animation's come to a stop as my brother somehow virused up movie-maker so I can't put the pictures in order on it. Here's the latest stuff of that:

http://warahi.deviantart.com/art/Dr-Weil-Animation-Concept-Art-Facial-Expression-339524436

http://warahi.deviantart.com/art/Vile-Laugh-337689070

And here's the latest Mega Crossover of Awesome page (with Ridley from Metroid now appearing): http://warahi.deviantart.com/art/The-Mega-Crossover-of-Awesome-Page-34-340367948

Other than that I've just been watching documentaries mostly today on things like Steve Ditko, Jack Kirby, and found out that Doug Tennapel (creator of Earthworm Jim) is planning to release a collection of his most valued concept art from his sketchbooks for people to buy =)

Oh and here's some Resident Evil Racing things I made up if you haven't seen:

http://warahi.deviantart.com/art/Resident-Evil-Racing-Set-1-337967082

http://warahi.deviantart.com/art/Resident-Evil-Racing-Set-2-338160489
---
#9largerockPosted 11/30/2012 1:31:17 AM
It's capcom.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#10chaostdkPosted 11/30/2012 1:36:27 AM
randyc80 posted...
1) They didn't want Leon rescuing Ashley because he had seen enough of what was going on that they would at the very least give her an extensive medical examination and figure out what was happening. Plus, they needed the Plaga inside of her to mature and take control completely so that she wouldn't just blab about what happened when she was returned to her father.

Set it up as a kidnapping and make some demands...release her safely (when she is under Saddler's control) and game on!

2) As mentioned above, Ada tipped them off that Ashely might be in the area....nothing solid, which is why they sent Leon to check it out.....instead of unleashing an entire military task force on foreign soil with little to no proof.

3) The point wasn't to infect a random American and spread Las Plagas....it was to secretly infect the President's daughter.....who lives in the White House....you know, with the President? She would have full access to her father when no one else was around so that she could infect HIM.

You then have the most powerful man in the US under the control of Saddler and he would have complete access to other powerful men....including senators, judges, foreign diginitaries, etc.

Now is this excellent writing? No, it isn't, but it is on par with your average Hollywood flick so I don't really see the problem.

yeah this. people seem to forget that las plagas isn't like the previous virii (or viruses, whichever plural form floats your boat) where as a weapon it is designed for both causing chaos and producing a cost effective cannon fodder to use against enemies. las plagas is at its very core a means of control and establishing dominance, further made clear considering that there is the slave type and master type plagas sample.