Should I play RE5?

#21BrianwtPosted 11/30/2012 1:46:27 PM
skermac posted...
I like 6 but hated 5, but you might like it. Leon and Ada is not in it either. 4 and 6 have more of a horror type feel, especially Leons campaign in 6.

6 has no horror type feel since it has co-op while co-op is fun it takes all the horror out of the game even Leons Campaign co-op IMO has ruined the Resident Evil series. IMO they need two modes one single player and other co-op but Capcom will never do that they would say that is too much work which it wouldn't be but that's what they would say since they are lazy.
#22skermacPosted 11/30/2012 1:52:22 PM
Brianwt posted...
skermac posted...
I like 6 but hated 5, but you might like it. Leon and Ada is not in it either. 4 and 6 have more of a horror type feel, especially Leons campaign in 6.

6 has no horror type feel since it has co-op while co-op is fun it takes all the horror out of the game even Leons Campaign co-op IMO has ruined the Resident Evil series. IMO they need two modes one single player and other co-op but Capcom will never do that they would say that is too much work which it wouldn't be but that's what they would say since they are lazy.

I hope RE7 has an option for turn coop on and off. But I agree with you about coop in 6. Even with coop I think Leon's campaign is more like horror-survival than all of 5, but just my opinion. I like there is no coop in Ada's campaign. I just wish it had been a lot longer and we had the option to use different costumes with her campaign.
#23ridley723Posted 11/30/2012 2:09:10 PM
RE5 was a good game. Was it scary? No. Was it fun? Yes. I think you'll have a good time with the game if you enjoyed 6 at all. Just know that the controls will probably feel a bit more restrictive then 6 was.
#24skermacPosted 11/30/2012 2:16:39 PM
ridley723 posted...
RE5 was a good game. Was it scary? No. Was it fun? Yes. I think you'll have a good time with the game if you enjoyed 6 at all. Just know that the controls will probably feel a bit more restrictive then 6 was.

And not 50,000 qte's in 5!
#25ravenscourgePosted 11/30/2012 2:21:52 PM
RenYenBot posted...
Dark_Spiret posted...
its good, but id highly recommend playing with someone. Unlike 6, 5's AI can be a huge liability and lead to some major frustrations.

Oh please, it's only that way on Pro or if you give it no weapons.

The AI is overexaggerated :l

This. So sick of the complaints.
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3
#26Dark_SpiretPosted 11/30/2012 2:35:28 PM
RenYenBot posted...
Oh please, it's only that way on Pro or if you give it no weapons.

The AI is overexaggerated :l
on normal and amateur its OK. on Vet its decent upto chapter 5. On pro its a nightmare. once enemies with guns start showing up it becomes a liability. i also had the AI break on me several times during the licker room before wesker. The AI for the most part isnt awful, but it makes having a friend to play with nearly a necessity to full complete the game. To me, that is a pain in the ass.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy 13-2 - Black Ops 2 - Torchlight 2
#27SSJ_JinPosted 11/30/2012 2:50:25 PM
I've played pro with quite a few people and I can easily say playing with the AI was 100x easier. At least that was my experience.

It does get annoying though. But really the only nightmare I ever had with the AI was on that moving conveyor belt with the bodies on it. I cross over the part where the boxes try and send you back and I went to the crate, opened it, then instructed Sheva to pick it up. Like 5 times.

Then I turned around to see what the hell was taking her so long and I realized everytime she got to the box part she always failed and had to start over. I had to babysit her through it.

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#28IlDankoPosted 11/30/2012 2:51:50 PM
skermac posted...

the lack of leon and ada was precisely what made it a great game, now if they had made jill one of the protagonists it would have been better, i didn't liked the fact that sheva (a newcomer in that game) gets to kill wesker and jill not...
---
"It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn... with, like, a bomb"- Saul Silver ....PSN: Dan21993
#29skermacPosted 11/30/2012 2:59:22 PM
IlDanko posted...
skermac posted...

the lack of leon and ada was precisely what made it a great game, now if they had made jill one of the protagonists it would have been better, i didn't liked the fact that sheva (a newcomer in that game) gets to kill wesker and jill not...

I would have liked to see Rebecca over Sheva!
#30IlDankoPosted 11/30/2012 3:09:18 PM
skermac posted...
IlDanko posted...
skermac posted...

I would have liked to see Rebecca over Sheva!

sure, it would have been great to see her avenging Enrico Marini, but i still prefer jill, chris and her are the ones who had more story with Wesker, getting a new character, who had no real background on the series to kill him was a really bad move IMO
---
"It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn... with, like, a bomb"- Saul Silver ....PSN: Dan21993