How does everyone rank RE6 replayability compared to other RE games?

#1skermacPosted 11/30/2012 1:48:11 PM
I like RE6 and will keep playing it for the online play. The campaigns are already getting a little old after playing them so many times. As long as new dlc comes out every few months I can see playing this game for a few years until 7 comes out.

But in comparison to the other games, for me RE4 has the most replayability, especially the mercs. I bought it on launch date and still play the mercs a lot. I don't seem to get tired of it even after 7 years of play. It's a shooter sure, but the atmosphere and music and slower game play makes it feel more horror-survival, so is Leon's campaign in 6.

I played 5 two times when it came out and hated it, but now that it's been a couple years I might play it again to see if I like it any better. I haven't played 1, 2, 3, in in going on 10 years so I think I will play them again soon.

But for constant replayability I would say everything in 4 and 6's mercs have the most replayability for me, 4 the most, I just feel drawn to it.

How long will some of you keep playing 6 compared to your favorite games in the series? years? months?
#2MallyPureSmoothPosted 11/30/2012 2:06:05 PM
While definitely not a bad game, the replay value sucks. No upgradable weapons, and barely any hidden secrets give little incentive to replay it aside from aiming for a plat or 100% completion.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#3skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:09:32 PM
MallyPureSmooth posted...
While definitely not a bad game, the replay value sucks. No upgradable weapons, and barely any hidden secrets give little incentive to replay it aside from aiming for a plat or 100% completion.

I'm hoping that eventually they add dlc for the campaigns, maybe the ability to use alt costumes, that will increase replayability for a little longer. I'm also hoping they add more characters and many more costumes to mercs.

Cool signature btw!
#4SamA7XPosted 11/30/2012 2:33:24 PM
I'm actually really bored of this game now, I really didn't expect this after only 2 months, I just hope Capcom comes up with some good story dlc.
---
PSN: VII_foREVer_VII
(the "I" in "VII" is a capital "i" not a undercase "L")
#5tevin1569Posted 11/30/2012 4:22:41 PM
It's all about opinions and what people like. I like it and I probably won't stop playing it until RE7.. I like it for what it is and think it has good replay value. Campaigns have the best story and most satifying gameplay. I wish you could get an infinite rocket launcher and outfits, but we might have to pay for that later on, but I really don't care. It's fine with me.. Resident Evila nd Mortal Kombat are the only games I'm willing to pay DLc for. So yeah, I really like this game
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#6Candy__GirlPosted 11/30/2012 4:36:24 PM
I feel the same way you do skermac. I love RE6 and am still having a blast with it, but I know I'll eventually end up going back and playing RE4 quite a bit despite the fact I beat that game well over 50 times. Like you said, there's something about it that just seems to draw me to it. When I'm not playing RE4 I'll be playing RE6 until RE7 comes out.

I don't understand how so many people are already bored with this game. There is so much to do in it! When I take to a game that I REALLY like I plan on beating it in every way, getting all the achievements in game (all the badges, all the titles, upgrading all the titles to four stars, beating the game with every chracter on every difficulty, S-ing every level on every difficulty with every character, buying all the skills and upgrading them, mercenaries currently has six stages you can work on S-ing with the 15 different chracters, the majority having 2 different costumes, both Solo and Duo, plus there's dlc coming out soon...) With all that I listed how are people bored? The game may not be great to everyone's different tastes, but there actually IS a lot to do in it.

Hope you enjoy RE5 on this play through skermac. It was NOT my favorite, but I had a lot of fun with it despite the fact.

And watch out for those different controls...
#7Dark_SpiretPosted 11/30/2012 4:41:36 PM
in terms of just replay value its on the lower end in the series. not having upgradable weapons, unlockable costumes and weapons really hurts its replay value. No sub chapters is also a bit painful.

However just because of the sheer amount of content in 6 chances are even if you played through the game twice(one as each character) youd still probably rack up just as many hours as any other RE(maybe not 4) if you replayed them a good 4-6 times and unlocked everything.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy 13-2 - Black Ops 2 - Torchlight 2
#8Aaron_GPosted 11/30/2012 4:46:47 PM
I think this game has a lot of replay value, just like RE4 & 5. Hell, I think it has potential to have even MORE replay value than 5, with upcoming DLC. (And just for the record, I feel like this game already has more replay value than 5. I think it's because the story is a HELL lot longer.)

I like replaying the campaigns, and I already have 32+ hours invested into the game, and I've only beaten Leon's campaign so far. Currently on Ch.4 with Chris, and I've put a lot of time into Mercenaries as well. I love replaying Leon's chapters, the only one I didn't care much for was his 3rd chapter.

I was horribly disappointed with the game at first, but after giving it a chance it really grew on me and now I love it. With Versus coming soon, I do not see myself putting away the game for good anytime soon.

My biggest gripe with the game is the skill system and lack of upgrading weapons, other than that I am liking it. Yeah alternate costumes in the story would be nice, but at least we get them in Mercenaries. I also wish there was more of a darker atmosphere in the game besides in leon's campaign. So far, Chris's has barely had any dark areas to go, his campaign feels wayyyyy too action oriented. I still enjoy his campaign, and hey, it's Chris! But I really hate the Javo, and I dislike the lack of zombies in his campaign. Before RE6 was released I was playing a lot of 5, so I am tired of fighting enemies with guns and whatnot. They should have atleast cut back on the amount of Javo, and threw in some undead.

Just my two cents. I still like this game a lot and I am looking forward to the upcoming DLC, Jake & Ada's campaigns, and the mercenary stages I still need to unlock.
---
PSN: Aaron_G__
#9slapper1Posted 11/30/2012 4:52:28 PM
I have plated this game and even went so far as to beat the game with all characters on all difficulties (28 full playthroughs) so I adored Campaign mode. However, I still wish there was more incentive for replaying chapters other then grinding for skill points (which you can do in Mercs and far faster at that) or getting platinum/100% achievements. Don't get me wrong, I love this game and do not regret the 200 hours I have dropped into it in the slightest, but more unlockables, more secrets, extra campaign costumes and extra story content would be very welcome.
---
Stupidity isn't a virus, but it sure is spreading like one!
#10SchillingerPosted 11/30/2012 5:11:49 PM
I'm in the same boat as Aaron_G. I got the game at launch and when I was a few hours into it I was so appalled that I vowed once I finished the campaigns I'd be shelving it. A Platinum and 130+ hours later, I'm still playing it. Once I got used to the engine it really grew on me, and seeing all 4 stories gradually coalesce was great. Yes it's convoluted and ridiculous, but that's RE for you.

The campaigns can grate after a while if you're going for 100% S ranks but I find the optional medals to be a fun and challenging distraction. And although I went through the campaign solo I enjoy dropping into other peoples' games sometimes, it adds another dimension to what would otherwise be a bit stale. And the re.net challenges are pretty good too.
When I tire of the campaign stages, Agent Hunt is a hell of a lot of fun, in fact that's what's taking up the bulk of my time at the moment. I don't really like Mercs, but then I've never liked it.

But it's different for everyone. Some people love the game, some hate it. It's hardly survival horror, but the series has been marketed as "action horror" since 4, so you should know what to expect. Maybe No Hope mode will change that somewhat though! And hopefully there's scenario DLC in the pipeline la Lost in Nightmares, hopefully...
---
/thread
PSN: Anthropomancer