Resident Evil 4 vs. Resident Evil 6 - which is better overall?

#11AnimesetsunaPosted 11/30/2012 6:26:25 PM
edward18 posted...
Doesn't beat 3's merc, Ashley was annoying as ****, Leon was annoying, Krauser came out of nowhere, and Ada's always annoyed me.

Well, Leon and Ada should die from the series.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>o<)
#12Hannibal_WeskerPosted 11/30/2012 6:51:09 PM
6, because it's not a big smelly turd like RE4, had something vaguely to do with RE in the slightest (unlike RE4), has more content, more replay value, better gameplay, I could go on.

RE4 is only popular because it was a bunch of kid's first action game (because their mommies wouldn't let them have a PS2 or Xbox back in the day) and they don't realise that there were literally hundreds of better games released before then, and certianly since then.

And it hasn't even stood the test of time at all. Meanwhile, there are NES, SNES and PS1 games that still stand up to modern games in their genres...

RE4 is an example of a crappy game that got lucky and ruined a classic series and unfortunately influenced every action game after it (because devs actually think crap like that is what people want now...)

RE6 is just a medeocre action game, so it's better for that reason alone
#13tevin1569Posted 11/30/2012 6:53:13 PM
It doesn't matter...4's going to win. I like 6 better for reasons but 4 will always win. It's the holy grail for the Resident Evil series.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#14jackstar_rockPosted 11/30/2012 7:21:01 PM
I'm replaying RE4 Wii edition on Pro mode now. 4 wins by a huge margin in my book, mainly due to the stage designs. Every encounter - from thinking about how to deal with 2 sound detecting Garradors, to being holed up in the cabin with Luis, to say, how to deal with El Gigante is a pleasure ride through memory lane. Other notable moments include protecting Ashely with a sniper rifle as she rises 2 platforms, getting one shot one kill on the parasites inside Iron Maidens and throwing incendiary grenades to burn dogs. Sniping JJ while watching his attack reaction is another satisfying event.

And who can forget the "trick" to win Krauser on Pro? ^ Knife him!

Inventory management is a blast here, it never gets old arranging various ammo/grenades side by side and making space for a RL for the next boss fight. Since RE4's scoring system only tracks accuracy and deaths, there is plenty of time to explore the environments, checking every nook and cranny for that treasure upgrade, spinels and velvet blues.

In my book, the few things that RE6 has an edge over RE4 are graphics, quickshots and the new melee system. While I do not hate the new skills system (essentially RE6's economy), I do miss treasure hunting. Sure, RE6 only records your highest rank, thus you can replay a certain stage at a tardy pace without fear of being penalized, but I'm not terribly compelled to do so. The counter mechanics found in RE6 adds to my love for the game. To round it up, I love the boss fights in Leon's chapters 4 and 5, as well as the solo segments from Ada's campaigns.

But if I only have time for one RE game, it is an easy choice. RE4 remains a top favorite game in my list.
#15VolcanoBoulderPosted 11/30/2012 7:33:04 PM
4 by a really huge margin.
#16DigimonTrainerPosted 11/30/2012 8:00:21 PM
RE4.
---
Intrepidity. Courtesy. Illusions. Until the end. Until the end.
Someone invite me back to the That's What She Said board. =(
#17MonkeyKrazy07Posted 11/30/2012 8:16:31 PM
Lol, 4 by far, maybe because I'm primarily an offline gamer?
6 has the better MERCENARIES mode, no doubt.
#18ridley723Posted 11/30/2012 8:31:00 PM
Hannibal_Wesker posted...
6, because it's not a big smelly turd like RE4, had something vaguely to do with RE in the slightest (unlike RE4), has more content, more replay value, better gameplay, I could go on.

RE4 is only popular because it was a bunch of kid's first action game (because their mommies wouldn't let them have a PS2 or Xbox back in the day) and they don't realise that there were literally hundreds of better games released before then, and certianly since then.

And it hasn't even stood the test of time at all. Meanwhile, there are NES, SNES and PS1 games that still stand up to modern games in their genres...

RE4 is an example of a crappy game that got lucky and ruined a classic series and unfortunately influenced every action game after it (because devs actually think crap like that is what people want now...)

Except...it is? Please don't tell me you think fixed camera angles and tank controls will sell well in this day and age.
#19bernhardt123Posted 11/30/2012 9:30:59 PM

Better story, and characters.
---
PSN: bernhardt123
#20edward18Posted 11/30/2012 10:24:07 PM
Who's talking about what will sell Ridley?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai