Resident Evil 4 vs. Resident Evil 6 - which is better overall?

#21GameBeatenPosted 11/30/2012 9:39:38 PM
Story: RE6
Gameplay: RE4
Characters: RE6
Boss fights: RE4
Replayability: RE4

My main comparison between the two is that Resident Evil 4 is just executed better. Sure you have more movement options in Resident Evil 6, but RE4 just feels like it was pulled off better gameplay wise.

Boss battles in RE4 are also vastly better than in RE6. The boss battles in RE6 feel like you aren't doing any damage to them at times. They also feel repetitive on some boss characters since they constantly come back for more.

The boss character I hate the most in RE6 is the chainsaw dude. Not only is this a ridiculous way to shoehorn in another chainsaw enemy, but it is the fact that this creature is a mutation that just so happens to appear like a person wielding a chainsaw. It just looks ****ing stupid to me.

As for story and characters, RE6 is the clear winner here. Admittedly the story of RE6 isn't too great at all, but at least it's not as silly as RE4's plot. I mean, talk about a random way to introduce the Las Plagas. And saving the President's daughter? Oh man...
---
http://epicvideogamers.com/
I've been waiting for Nintendo to reveal a handheld with the 3DS's graphics since 2003.
#22Hawke0Posted 11/30/2012 9:53:17 PM(edited)
Hannibal_Wesker posted...
6, because it's not a big smelly turd like RE4, had something vaguely to do with RE in the slightest (unlike RE4), has more content, more replay value, better gameplay, I could go on.

RE4 is only popular because it was a bunch of kid's first action game (because their mommies wouldn't let them have a PS2 or Xbox back in the day) and they don't realise that there were literally hundreds of better games released before then, and certianly since then.

And it hasn't even stood the test of time at all. Meanwhile, there are NES, SNES and PS1 games that still stand up to modern games in their genres...

RE4 is an example of a crappy game that got lucky and ruined a classic series and unfortunately influenced every action game after it (because devs actually think crap like that is what people want now...)

RE6 is just a medeocre action game, so it's better for that reason alone

LOL, you're a butthurt Sony fanboy stuck in the last generation? I thought you were just narrow minded. You still have yet to reply to any of my counter arguments; if you can even call me punching holes through your statements of blind ignorance an argument. But I must congratulate you on one thing. You are the greatest pro-abortion argument ever.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#23Icefang526Posted 11/30/2012 9:54:56 PM
RE4, because it was a successful attempt at combining survival horror and third-person action/shooter. The sense of "survival horror" has been all but lost in the games that followed it. RE6 is still good, just not "groundbreaking" as 4 was, and certainly not as memorable.
#24edward18Posted 11/30/2012 9:58:40 PM
4 was where it was lost.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#25Hawke0Posted 11/30/2012 9:59:01 PM
edward18 posted...
Who's talking about what will sell Ridley?

Hannibal_Ignorance was. By saying it wasn't what people want, he was implying that they do want what RE was pre 4, which is dead wrong. While I don't care about popularity of games in the slightest or their critical reception, it is sadly true most people do want hollywood action games though. But I do always get a good laugh when people go an about how the majority sides with them when the opposite is blatantly obvious.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#26edward18Posted 11/30/2012 10:03:41 PM
I want that so it's not DEAD wrong.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#27DarkD3stinyPosted 12/1/2012 12:48:04 AM
re6 vs nostalgia = of course nostalgia will win but since a poll is just a bunch of opinions it really dosent matter.
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.
#28largerockPosted 12/1/2012 1:10:46 AM
4. It has SOOO much replay value, the Mercs was great, there was Luis, pretty cool boss fights, gruesome death scenes, so many little silly things, so many bonuses and no Disc Locked Content.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#29DigimonTrainerPosted 12/1/2012 6:59:27 AM(edited)
DarkD3stiny posted...
re6 vs nostalgia = of course nostalgia will win but since a poll is just a bunch of opinions it really dosent matter.

The game was released in 2005, and I highly doubt every single person played it when it first came out, so some probably didn't play it until 2006. A whopping 6-7 years ago. Not to mention that majority of people's first RE game here was a pre-RE4 Resident Evil game, so majority grew up with the "true" and original RE mechanics were. I know you're just trying to come up with excuses, but at least be original and creative with them.
---
Intrepidity. Courtesy. Illusions. Until the end. Until the end.
Someone invite me back to the That's What She Said board. =(
#30ravenscourgePosted 12/1/2012 9:54:54 AM
Anytime someone likes something older: "oh that's just nostalgia." Or, maybe they ****in' like it. The nostalgia s*** is so tired.
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3