Resident Evil 4 vs. Resident Evil 6 - which is better overall?

#31skermacPosted 12/1/2012 10:58:51 AM
GameBeaten posted...
Story: RE6
Gameplay: RE4
Characters: RE6
Boss fights: RE4
Replayability: RE4

My main comparison between the two is that Resident Evil 4 is just executed better. Sure you have more movement options in Resident Evil 6, but RE4 just feels like it was pulled off better gameplay wise.

Boss battles in RE4 are also vastly better than in RE6. The boss battles in RE6 feel like you aren't doing any damage to them at times. They also feel repetitive on some boss characters since they constantly come back for more.

The boss character I hate the most in RE6 is the chainsaw dude. Not only is this a ridiculous way to shoehorn in another chainsaw enemy, but it is the fact that this creature is a mutation that just so happens to appear like a person wielding a chainsaw. It just looks ****ing stupid to me.

As for story and characters, RE6 is the clear winner here. Admittedly the story of RE6 isn't too great at all, but at least it's not as silly as RE4's plot. I mean, talk about a random way to introduce the Las Plagas. And saving the President's daughter? Oh man...

Great review, and don't forget that RE4 is the only game to get a perfect 10 in the old Playstation magazine. I wish that magazine had stayed around, I liked it better than what we have now.
#32antking61Posted 12/1/2012 11:01:46 AM
6 has better gunplay and melee mechanics but 4 had the Attache Case, Merchant, and great level design as a whole. RE4 wins.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#33IlDankoPosted 12/1/2012 12:20:48 PM
antking61 posted...
6 has better gunplay and melee mechanics but 4 had the Attache Case, Merchant, and great level design as a whole. RE4 wins.

what are you buyin'?? lol

I prefer 6 over 4, 4 feels actually like a spin off, the plot had nothing to do with the main plot of the series and vaguely influenced it, whats the point of ada keeping the plaga sample if at the end Wesker gets his hands on it?...
---
"It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn... with, like, a bomb"- Saul Silver ....PSN: Dan21993
#34edward18Posted 12/1/2012 1:04:33 PM
Scores mean nothing. They're just other people's opinions.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#35rockman11_zPosted 12/1/2012 1:05:52 PM
Resident Evil 6 obviously
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3.(Now rank 25)
#36Hawke0Posted 12/1/2012 1:29:36 PM
edward18 posted...
I want that so it's not DEAD wrong.

well, you my friend are sadly in the minority. A pitifully small minority at that.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#37Hawke0Posted 12/1/2012 1:31:26 PM
skermac posted...
GameBeaten posted...
Story: RE6
Gameplay: RE4
Characters: RE6
Boss fights: RE4
Replayability: RE4

My main comparison between the two is that Resident Evil 4 is just executed better. Sure you have more movement options in Resident Evil 6, but RE4 just feels like it was pulled off better gameplay wise.

Boss battles in RE4 are also vastly better than in RE6. The boss battles in RE6 feel like you aren't doing any damage to them at times. They also feel repetitive on some boss characters since they constantly come back for more.

The boss character I hate the most in RE6 is the chainsaw dude. Not only is this a ridiculous way to shoehorn in another chainsaw enemy, but it is the fact that this creature is a mutation that just so happens to appear like a person wielding a chainsaw. It just looks ****ing stupid to me.

As for story and characters, RE6 is the clear winner here. Admittedly the story of RE6 isn't too great at all, but at least it's not as silly as RE4's plot. I mean, talk about a random way to introduce the Las Plagas. And saving the President's daughter? Oh man...

Great review, and don't forget that RE4 is the only game to get a perfect 10 in the old Playstation magazine. I wish that magazine had stayed around, I liked it better than what we have now.

I believe they also gave Freedom Fighters a 10/10. That game certainly deserved it, shame we'll never get a sequel. Although it did have a spiritual successor in the shape of... Kane & Lynch.... *shudders*
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#38edward18Posted 12/1/2012 1:32:59 PM
And I don't give a damn about majority and minority.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#39antking61Posted 12/1/2012 1:37:55 PM
IlDanko posted...
what are you buyin'?? lol

I prefer 6 over 4, 4 feels actually like a spin off, the plot had nothing to do with the main plot of the series and vaguely influenced it, whats the point of ada keeping the plaga sample if at the end Wesker gets his hands on it?...

I'm sorry, did I mention a f****** plot? No? Then shut up.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#40edward18Posted 12/1/2012 1:43:13 PM
or you tolerate other people's input
---