Resident Evil 4 vs. Resident Evil 6 - which is better overall?

#51PyroSparkPosted 12/1/2012 10:23:34 PM
6 wins for Chris and Leon being in the same game.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#52DarkD3stinyPosted 12/1/2012 10:40:32 PM
Animesetsuna posted...
4, because single player and also Leon's stupid joke and his stupid personality.

You can play re6 single player to.
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.
#53DarkD3stinyPosted 12/1/2012 11:09:59 PM(edited)
Icefang526 posted...
RE4, because it was a successful attempt at combining survival horror and third-person action/shooter. The sense of "survival horror" has been all but lost in the games that followed it. RE6 is still good, just not "groundbreaking" as 4 was, and certainly not as memorable.

re4 is a action horror game not a survival horror game. For me re4 was a action game as I found no horror in it. Keep making out re4 is survival horror and you'll look foolish. re4 groundbreaking? really lol are you one of those re4 fans that makes out re4 brang something new to the gaming world when it didn't?
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.
#54DarkD3stinyPosted 12/1/2012 11:40:31 PM
DigimonTrainer posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
re6 vs nostalgia = of course nostalgia will win but since a poll is just a bunch of opinions it really dosent matter.

The game was released in 2005, and I highly doubt every single person played it when it first came out, so some probably didn't play it until 2006. A whopping 6-7 years ago. Not to mention that majority of people's first RE game here was a pre-RE4 Resident Evil game, so majority grew up with the "true" and original RE mechanics were. I know you're just trying to come up with excuses, but at least be original and creative with them.

Nostalgia won't have a 100 % effect but it does have a effect. My guess would be about 60 % effect but no one can know the true percentage. Of course re4 fans will have legit reasons for preferring re4 over re6 but polls don't mean anything anyway because polls are just a bunch of opinions. Winning this poll dosent make re4 a better game, nothing does.
---
#55AnimesetsunaPosted 12/1/2012 11:43:35 PM
DarkD3stiny posted...
Animesetsuna posted...
4, because single player and also Leon's stupid joke and his stupid personality.

I know.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>o<)
#56DarkD3stinyPosted 12/2/2012 12:10:48 AM
Animesetsuna posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
Animesetsuna posted...

I know.

I have to admit one of the things I enjoyed about re4 was Leons jokes and attitude :)
---
#57mMarikomPosted 12/2/2012 1:32:50 AM
MrHayes77 posted...
6 because Raccoon reunion.

Having a Raccoon Reunion without Claire is like having a Mansion reunion without Chris
---
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko
#58mMarikomPosted 12/2/2012 1:36:01 AM
ridley723 posted...
Hannibal_Wesker posted...
6, because it's not a big smelly turd like RE4, had something vaguely to do with RE in the slightest (unlike RE4), has more content, more replay value, better gameplay, I could go on.

RE4 is only popular because it was a bunch of kid's first action game (because their mommies wouldn't let them have a PS2 or Xbox back in the day) and they don't realise that there were literally hundreds of better games released before then, and certianly since then.

And it hasn't even stood the test of time at all. Meanwhile, there are NES, SNES and PS1 games that still stand up to modern games in their genres...

RE4 is an example of a crappy game that got lucky and ruined a classic series and unfortunately influenced every action game after it (because devs actually think crap like that is what people want now...)

Except...it is? Please don't tell me you think fixed camera angles and tank controls will sell well in this day and age.

That awkward moment when people don't realize two things:

1) That RE4 is significantly more RE then RE6 will ever be in terms of everything but story. Granted RE4 story is just ass all around and it didn't ever really need to happen. It was just revolutionary gameplay wise.

2) RE4 (and RE5) USES TANK CONTROLS. RE6 is the first game in the series that changes this along with the standard controls as opposed to classic (shoulder buttons used to fire as opposed to the "action button"). All that changed is camera and aiming.
---
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko
#59sbn4Posted 12/2/2012 1:46:00 AM
RE4 is just a better game compared to RE6. Its better put together, is more cohesive and it is more consistent. Its a better product overall. RE6 had too many issues for me to consider it a better game. And before people get all bent out of shape, I would rather play RE6 over RE4. But for its time, RE4 was great. I honestly think it hasn't aged well at this point, but I still think it far surpasses RE6 in nearly every regard that matters. Characters and visuals are obviously done better in RE6.

But honestly, I prefer RE5 over both.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#60sonicsonicPosted 12/2/2012 2:36:24 AM
Taking into account when they were originally released, I'd have to say 4. Personally I like the story, the fact that it isn't held down, by 4 previous games storylines helps. The gameplay was great and it was a well-paced, atmospheric and chilling game. A nice amount of puzzles thrown in here and there. You could collect the treasure to get the best upgrades. Collect bottlecaps and shoot badguys.

I'd rather play 6, but it just didn't have the same impact as 4 did for me.