Resident Evil 4 vs. Resident Evil 6 - which is better overall?

#61DigimonTrainerPosted 12/2/2012 8:14:37 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...
DigimonTrainer posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
re6 vs nostalgia = of course nostalgia will win but since a poll is just a bunch of opinions it really dosent matter.

The game was released in 2005, and I highly doubt every single person played it when it first came out, so some probably didn't play it until 2006. A whopping 6-7 years ago. Not to mention that majority of people's first RE game here was a pre-RE4 Resident Evil game, so majority grew up with the "true" and original RE mechanics were. I know you're just trying to come up with excuses, but at least be original and creative with them.

Nostalgia won't have a 100 % effect but it does have a effect. My guess would be about 60 % effect but no one can know the true percentage. Of course re4 fans will have legit reasons for preferring re4 over re6 but polls don't mean anything anyway because polls are just a bunch of opinions. Winning this poll dosent make re4 a better game, nothing does.

Once again, I know you're just trying to come up with excuses, but a game that people played 5-7 years ago and is considered part of the newer RE games and play-style isn't going to have any nostalgia effect when compared to RE6.

And the same exact of what you just said could be used if RE6 was winning right now over RE4, so I'm not sure what you're getting at by your "polls and opinions" sentence, unless if that's just your way of coping with RE4 being in the lead. It's not like this poll is accurate anyway, considering what board it's being taken on. Numerous people probably voted a certain way specifically to see a certain outcome reached despite what they believe (not to mention those people who don't like either game who voted), plus there's probably a bunch of alt accounts that posted with bias also.
---
Intrepidity. Courtesy. Illusions. Until the end. Until the end.
Someone invite me back to the That's What She Said board. =(
#62skermacPosted 12/2/2012 8:24:48 AM
DigimonTrainer posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
DigimonTrainer posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
re6 vs nostalgia = of course nostalgia will win but since a poll is just a bunch of opinions it really dosent matter.

The game was released in 2005, and I highly doubt every single person played it when it first came out, so some probably didn't play it until 2006. A whopping 6-7 years ago. Not to mention that majority of people's first RE game here was a pre-RE4 Resident Evil game, so majority grew up with the "true" and original RE mechanics were. I know you're just trying to come up with excuses, but at least be original and creative with them.

Nostalgia won't have a 100 % effect but it does have a effect. My guess would be about 60 % effect but no one can know the true percentage. Of course re4 fans will have legit reasons for preferring re4 over re6 but polls don't mean anything anyway because polls are just a bunch of opinions. Winning this poll dosent make re4 a better game, nothing does.

Once again, I know you're just trying to come up with excuses, but a game that people played 5-7 years ago and is considered part of the newer RE games and play-style isn't going to have any nostalgia effect when compared to RE6.

And the same exact of what you just said could be used if RE6 was winning right now over RE4, so I'm not sure what you're getting at by your "polls and opinions" sentence, unless if that's just your way of coping with RE4 being in the lead. It's not like this poll is accurate anyway, considering what board it's being taken on. Numerous people probably voted a certain way specifically to see a certain outcome reached despite what they believe (not to mention those people who don't like either game who voted), plus there's probably a bunch of alt accounts that posted with bias also.

I, and I assume some others bought RE4 on launch date 7 years ago and still play like it was just released yesterday. It has no nostalgia for me because I still play it all the time, mainly the mercs. If I left it sitting on a shelf for years it would have nostalgia value but I never get tired of it like I did with 5 which has some nostalgia value now. RE4 rules for me.
#63Dammit182Posted 12/2/2012 11:15:58 AM
Resident Evil 4 is my favorite game of all time.
---
"Boulder punching you can't forget....."
#64KonaseRitsukoPosted 12/2/2012 11:30:45 AM
Surprised 4's distance is huge than 6's... especially since this is the RE6 boards. But yeah, happy with the result. RE4 was a ton more enjoyable than RE6 for me even without the co-op, online and the four-staged mercenaries mode.
---
Just f*** my 2007 username.
PSN: GIZOUGHTE
#65BlueSkies7776Posted 12/2/2012 12:16:50 PM
DarkD3stiny posted...
DigimonTrainer posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...

You have to ask yourself why would people have nostalgia in the first place? Because at some point in time in the past they really enjoyed playing the game. So this means the game is/was good. I won't have any nostalgia for RE6 in the future because the game just isn't that great. In other words, it's forgettable!
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#66ryan0991Posted 12/2/2012 3:07:23 PM
RE4.

It's not even close.
---
http://gamercard.xbox360achievements.org/x360a-1/BOBtheMASTER.png
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
#67ryan0991Posted 12/2/2012 3:15:40 PM
The nostalgia argument is a really poor one. I like RE4 because it is a really quality game. Certain aspects of it haven't aged that great, but it still holds up well as a whole.

IMO, the only memorable thing about RE6 was so many different popular characters meeting up. Everything else is entirely forgettable.
---
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
#68DarkD3stinyPosted 12/3/2012 1:20:59 AM
Saying you have no nostalgia for re4 is a lie. Yes if re6 was winning it still wouldn't mean anything because polls are just a bunch of opinions. No one can prove any re game is better than any other re game because it all boils down to opinions. Im quite aware re4 fans have legit reasons for preferring re4 which of course they are entitled to just like anyone else is but saying nostalgia dosent play a part is just silly. I constantly hear re4 fans say that re4 is better than any other re game but when they give reasons why re4 is better it is all just opinions but they try and make those opinions look like facts because they can't cope with re4 not being the best re game. Whereas I can except where re6 is and aslong as Im enjoying which ever re game Im playing its all good :)
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.
#69ryan0991Posted 12/3/2012 1:59:48 AM
Saying you have no nostalgia for re4 is a lie. Yes if re6 was winning it still wouldn't mean anything because polls are just a bunch of opinions. No one can prove any re game is better than any other re game because it all boils down to opinions. Im quite aware re4 fans have legit reasons for preferring re4 which of course they are entitled to just like anyone else is but saying nostalgia dosent play a part is just silly. I constantly hear re4 fans say that re4 is better than any other re game but when they give reasons why re4 is better it is all just opinions but they try and make those opinions look like facts because they can't cope with re4 not being the best re game. Whereas I can except where re6 is and aslong as Im enjoying which ever re game Im playing its all good :)

I didn't say that I don't have nostalgia for it. It's just not what drives my opinion. I've developed nostalgia for it because it felt so perfect when I first played it. I even admitted that some parts haven't aged very well. But even so, I still believe it is far better than RE6 as a whole.

This isn't like some fanboy looking back on a badly aged game like Goldeneye and saying that it's still "teh best FPS eva!"
---
#70DarkD3stinyPosted 12/3/2012 6:22:00 AM
Sorry ryan I was talking to digimon. I don't have a problem with what your saying Im just letting people know the situation just for those re4 fans who believe that re4 is the best re game. I like to ground those types but no your cool ryan you seem level headed. The ones to watch out for are the ones who claim re4 is the best re game but act as if that's a fact. The worst type is the ones who claim re4 is a masterpiece and/or one of the best games ever made, then you know they got delusional fanboy problems.
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.