Resident Evil 4 vs. Resident Evil 6 - which is better overall?

#71Critical_Hit7Posted 12/3/2012 5:45:47 AM
Easily RE4.
---
PSN ID: CriticalHit7
LittleBigPlanet Stage: Streets Of Rage: LittleBigPlanet Edition
#72DigimonTrainerPosted 12/3/2012 8:57:11 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...
Saying you have no nostalgia for re4 is a lie. Yes if re6 was winning it still wouldn't mean anything because polls are just a bunch of opinions. No one can prove any re game is better than any other re game because it all boils down to opinions. Im quite aware re4 fans have legit reasons for preferring re4 which of course they are entitled to just like anyone else is but saying nostalgia dosent play a part is just silly. I constantly hear re4 fans say that re4 is better than any other re game but when they give reasons why re4 is better it is all just opinions but they try and make those opinions look like facts because they can't cope with re4 not being the best re game. Whereas I can except where re6 is and aslong as Im enjoying which ever re game Im playing its all good :)

No, it isn't. Why does it have to be a lie? Because you can't believe that nostalgia actually doesn't play a part in liking a game for some people (but clearly nostalgia is your #1 reason for still liking an "older" game instead of the actual gameplay mechanics, atmosphere, characters, environment, etc., of said game). And believe me, I'm not the one being "silly," it's you on your nostalgia train trying to force your nostalgia belief down everyone else's throat so that their reason for still liking a game is the reason that YOU want them to have that is silly.

DarkD3stiny posted...
Sorry ryan I was talking to digimon. I don't have a problem with what your saying Im just letting people know the situation just for those re4 fans who believe that re4 is the best re game. I like to ground those types but no your cool ryan you seem level headed. The ones to watch out for are the ones who claim re4 is the best re game but act as if that's a fact. The worst type is the ones who claim re4 is a masterpiece and/or one of the best games ever made, then you know they got delusional fanboy problems.

Once again, it's only the situation because you want it to be the situation. Just as you said that there pretty much is no such thing as the best game because it is just a matter of opinion, so are the reasons for liking a game - they're just a matter of opinion. And your nostalgia argument, is just a matter of opinion. You only think I need to be "grounded" because I'm not agreeing with your opinion. When in fact, you need to be taken off your tunnel-vision nostalgia train, your eyes widened to a bigger horizon, and you more open about things.

I also like how you've been going on and on about how there is no better game and no such thing as the best game because it is all a matter of opinion, which I actually partially agree with, but then you say how people who think RE4 is one of the best have "delusional fanboy problems," if it's just a matter of opinion and they have their own, what's it matter to you? Because it doesn't agree with yours?
---
Intrepidity. Courtesy. Illusions. Until the end. Until the end.
Someone invite me back to the That's What She Said board. =(
#73KujaaPosted 12/3/2012 10:10:25 AM
I voted for RE4.
The reason?
You played RE4 and you watched RE6. RE6 gets old quick.
#74ymmac1707Posted 12/3/2012 11:05:31 AM
RE4, is not only better, RE4, is one the greatest game of all time, however RE5 and 6 are really fun. it just that RE4 is simple a masterpiece.
#75edward18Posted 12/3/2012 12:44:23 PM
Nothing beats Earthworm Jim.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#76Vergil92Posted 12/3/2012 3:55:35 PM
ymmac1707 posted...
RE4, is not only better, RE4, is one the greatest game of all time, however RE5 and 6 are really fun. it just that RE4 is simple a masterpiece.

^^ Spot on with how I feel.
---
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy