This game really lacks something

#1darkvoid2100Posted 12/1/2012 8:23:26 AM
I have enjoyed and loved every RE game and played them for many many hours but this game lacks something, not sure what. Just have had no motivation to play the campaign after the first run-through and that was back in early october. in re4/5 i played it through like 3-4 times in a month.

i play mercs a bit but its kind of....boring? compared to 4/5, it's lacking something.

i'm a huge re fan and it hurts that i have to force myself to want to play this! first re game to that feeling. and judging by how few merc games pop up i'm not alone with that one.

Shame.
---
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3720/89106594.jpg
http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Davey2100.png
#2Lard_in_TeaPosted 12/1/2012 8:32:58 AM
It does indeed lack something unique to the RE series and I can't quite put my finger on it either. Although I do like this better than RE5 in some ways since I found RE5 very disappointing story-wise, i.e. the latter half of the game.
---
"Hey-hey! Tea! Can I have some too? With lotsa sugar and honey and... oh yeah, don't forget the lard!" - Palmer
Waiting for MGS:GZ (& MGO3)
#3largerockPosted 12/1/2012 8:56:21 AM
It lacks bonuses for campaign and for Mercs it pretty much removes all forms of attaining something. For example, in 4/5 you could unlock Characters and stages and a nice amount of them as well, but....not so much in 6.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#4largerockPosted 12/1/2012 8:56:21 AM
It lacks bonuses for campaign and for Mercs it pretty much removes all forms of attaining something. For example, in 4/5 you could unlock Characters and stages and a nice amount of them as well, but....not so much in 6.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#5largerockPosted 12/1/2012 8:56:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6AzureVergilPosted 12/1/2012 8:59:32 AM
Can't use alternate costumes in Campaign pretty much killed my motivation of playing the other difficulties.

I can't believe Capcom didn't think people wanted Leon's RPD outfit, Chris' STARS outfit and one that make Jake look like Wesker.
#7DtokPosted 12/1/2012 8:59:40 AM
Lacks airbags.
---
Mr. Fortune Calculator.
PSN: DToNE7
#8VolcanoBoulderPosted 12/1/2012 9:21:50 AM
It lacks a certain flavor that the previous games had. That special sauce which was even present in the lesser entries. It looks like RE, it smells like RE, but it doesn't taste like RE.
#9desi_shinobiPosted 12/1/2012 9:58:37 AM
This is probably my most favourite Resident Evil title next to Resident Evil 2. Then again I do enjoy all the games in the series thoroughly.

But I can admit that each RE title is always lacking in something but it doesn't take away from the overral experience, well for me at least.

But this is what its lacking for me:

- Can't use Alt.costumes in Campaign mode
- Needs more costumes
- Needed Claire and Jill in the game
- Upgradable weapons
- No weapon loadouts
- RE4 Handcannon needs to make a return.
- Better story (But don't really care to be honest)

But other then that. The game is still amazing.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#10skermacPosted 12/1/2012 10:10:28 AM
darkvoid2100 posted...
I have enjoyed and loved every RE game and played them for many many hours but this game lacks something, not sure what. Just have had no motivation to play the campaign after the first run-through and that was back in early october. in re4/5 i played it through like 3-4 times in a month.

i play mercs a bit but its kind of....boring? compared to 4/5, it's lacking something.

i'm a huge re fan and it hurts that i have to force myself to want to play this! first re game to that feeling. and judging by how few merc games pop up i'm not alone with that one.

Shame.

Maybe it would have been better as one long story and not split up into chapters where we to repeat some things?