This game really lacks something

#31pencruPosted 12/2/2012 9:28:40 AM
The replay value in the CAMPAIGN is missing in my opinion. There's nearly nothing that changes on your 2nd, 3rd or 4th playthrough besides maybe difficulty or the weapons you already have.

Normally RE games would give us even more bonuses for finishing the game a 2nd or 3rd time and for playing on different difficulties.

That's why I haven't gotten around to trying to finish it, at least. RE4 and 5 both provided new costumes and bonus weapons after completing the rest of the game, and that's really the reason I'm playing through 4 again from the Anthology edition (I completed 5 before this.)
#32AzureVergilPosted 12/2/2012 10:10:03 AM
tevin1569 posted...
See, this is what I don't understand. Everyone feels so different about this game. I don't think it's missing anything, I feel it's a full out RE game. And I enjoy every second of it. I like it better than 5 and especially 4. I feel they put a lot of work and it paid off. So I don't know. For me it's not missing anything and it's perfect.

Then you clearly never finished any other RE because the other RE, you actually unlocked new stuff than can be used when you replay the campaign.
#33BlueSkies7776Posted 12/2/2012 12:07:59 PM
AzureVergil posted...
tevin1569 posted...
See, this is what I don't understand. Everyone feels so different about this game. I don't think it's missing anything, I feel it's a full out RE game. And I enjoy every second of it. I like it better than 5 and especially 4. I feel they put a lot of work and it paid off. So I don't know. For me it's not missing anything and it's perfect.

Then you clearly never finished any other RE because the other RE, you actually unlocked new stuff than can be used when you replay the campaign.

You can't assume this is the only reason why anyone would want to replay the campaign. I particularly don't like new game plus because 1: your upgraded weapons makes the game too easy and 2: I prefer the default costumes because they fit the story better. If I replay the campaign it's because the game is fun, not because of new castumes and new game +. So the missing costumes for campaign in RE6 doesn't really bother me.
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)