Why is it funny when...

#1mMarikomPosted 12/2/2012 2:37:21 AM
Leon has little quips and self conversation for the entirety of RE4 but when Ada does it in her campaign it ruins it?
---
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko
#2MiraclechaoPosted 12/2/2012 2:47:54 AM
Because that was then (Leon) and this is now (Ada). That, and because she isn't funny, and she does it too much.

...okay, I don't know why. It doesn't get on my nerves at all. :/
---
PSN: Miraclechao/3DS: TwoFaceWii. For Tales of Vesperia Challenge Runs and Soul Calibur V, follow me! Click the link! http://www.youtube.com/user/miraclechao
#3sbn4Posted 12/2/2012 2:48:59 AM
I don't remember Leon having too many quips to himself. He always said most of his goofball lines to someone if I remember right.

And also, Leon wasn't trying so hard to sound sexy/seductive like Ada. It got kind of annoying with Ada.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#4longstorm555Posted 12/2/2012 2:52:20 AM
to be fair i don't think it ruined. during an argument here, i said that normal people don't talk to themselves like ada does, and i stand by my opinion BUT we all talk to ourselves, we just don't talk out loud msot of the time. we're always thinking, having a mental conversation with ourselves.

the thing is, in re4, leon didn't really talk to himself all that much and when he did, he had a reason.

i think it'd been better if they had done the whole talking to herself thing like it was in arkahm city. selina talked to herself the entire time, but not out loud. we were listening to her thoughts and it didn't look so ridiculous.

and some of ada lines are just pure crap.

the woman's going through a horde of enemies and she's blazing through like batman, out of rbeath, trying to doge bullets and she says 'sorry boys, no time, my dance card's already full'.

...that's crap. sorry, but it is.
#5MonkeyKrazy07Posted 12/2/2012 3:06:53 AM
..wait..is she talking to herself out loud? o_O;
#6desi_shinobiPosted 12/2/2012 3:12:11 AM
I think the reason they had Ada talking to herself throughout the chapter was to avoid her campaign from being a quiet one.

As the other the other campaigns. They always having a conversation during gameplay.

I didnt mind Ada Wong talking to herself to be honest. Batman and Selina were doing abit of that in Arkham City.

Cant really expect the RE to deliver amazing lines to be honest. They have been cheesey ever since the beginning. The VA has got better since the 90s but the dialogue is still terrible or just endearing.

Leon S. Kennedy cheesiness in RE4 was actually memorable and a vast improvement over his rookie self in RE2. He was brilliant in Damnation aswell.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#7mMarikom(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 3:53:14 AM
For the record I didn't mind it in the slightest. The point of this topic was to say that it's hypocritical to hate Ada's campaign for it.

And also, Leon wasn't trying so hard to sound sexy/seductive like Ada. It got kind of annoying with Ada.

But isn't that kind of completely in line with Ada's character, especially since RE4?

..wait..is she talking to herself out loud? o_O;

Not really...it's more in her head. We hear what she's saying but I don't think she's speaking out loud honestly.

i think it'd been better if they had done the whole talking to herself thing like it was in arkahm city. selina talked to herself the entire time, but not out loud. we were listening to her thoughts and it didn't look so ridiculous.

That's the thing...I thought this was in her head. I guess they could've achieved that effect better by making her voice reverb to like...make it obvious that it was in her head, but what she was "saying/thinking" is Ada 101. I highly doubt she said everything you heard during gameplay out loud.

the woman's going through a horde of enemies and she's blazing through like batman, out of breath, trying to dodge bullets and she says 'sorry boys, no time, my dance card's already full'.

Corny, but Leon had corny lines too.

I just think that Leonsome characters Leonget away Leonwith certain Leonthings that others are Leonchastised for and Leonit really isn't Leon...I mean fair.
---
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko
#8jpv2000Posted 12/2/2012 8:52:44 AM
I just look at it as us, the players, being privy to her thoughts. Not her talking to herself out loud, I've never paid attention, to see if her lips are moving, but I assume they are as some are bothered by it.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#9longstorm555Posted 12/2/2012 9:05:39 AM
jpv2000 posted...
I just look at it as us, the players, being privy to her thoughts. Not her talking to herself out loud, I've never paid attention, to see if her lips are moving, but I assume they are as some are bothered by it.

not only they move, they're awfully out of synch too. it kinda hurts to watch lol. it's worse than helena's out of synch 'just leave me' during the prelude.
#10skermacPosted 12/2/2012 9:10:11 AM
longstorm555 posted...
to be fair i don't think it ruined. during an argument here, i said that normal people don't talk to themselves like ada does, and i stand by my opinion BUT we all talk to ourselves, we just don't talk out loud msot of the time. we're always thinking, having a mental conversation with ourselves.

the thing is, in re4, leon didn't really talk to himself all that much and when he did, he had a reason.

and some of ada lines are just pure crap.

the woman's going through a horde of enemies and she's blazing through like batman, out of rbeath, trying to doge bullets and she says 'sorry boys, no time, my dance card's already full'.

...that's crap. sorry, but it is.

I LOVED the dance card line. Ada rules and is never lame.