Jake chapter 2: Beat the cave area without killing any enemies (excluding Ustana

#11AnimesetsunaPosted 12/2/2012 6:45:14 AM
I haven't get this medal yet.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>o<)
#12SchillingerPosted 12/2/2012 6:47:31 AM
It's quite possible to do this solo, but more difficult and time consuming.

Follow the first Oko right until it turns back around. You'll get detected but have enough time to run to the second container before Ustanak finds you.
You're now at the section divided by icicles where Ustanak is walking around - go to just about where they start, get detected again and run back to the container. When you come back to the same spot, Ustanak should have smashed through a section of the icicles, allowing you into the other side where there is only one Oko, very easily avoided. However you need to be careful because in my experience, sometimes Ustanak vanishes once he smashes the icicles and sometimes he remains there, and if he sees you it's pretty much insta-death. So listen for his footsteps and let an Oko detect you if need be, he's always gone after the second detection.

Also if you turn left once you go through there's a case with 4000 skill points. Head towards the ledge for another case with 2000 skill points.

The last section is quite tricky because I've done it a few times and depending on what direction the Oko are flying they sometimes impact one another and the timing gets affected. First go and get the 5000 skill points the other side of the maze, then watch from the observation point to try and get the timing down.

Once you're ready, go to the right hand side of the maze directly across from the door you have to go through, there's a drop in front of the two full containers so jump off here rather than going down the steps. There's only one Oko that goes through the centre of the maze, so once it goes through, jump off and go through the centre, wait at the end of the intersection for for another Oko (or two, depending on timing) to go past, then make a run for the door. Again, depending on timing this may take several attempts. There's one final Oko patrolling the door area, and you'll nearly always get detected by it (although if you time it just right by following it up to the door and pressing X just as it turns back it won't detect you), but so long as you start opening the door straight away Ustanak will never catch you.

I've never done that section with a partner so I don't know what happens if you use that method, but the AI partner magically appears behind you so there's no need to wait for them to catch up.

Good luck!
---
/thread
PSN: Anthropomancer
#13good_tobi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 9:52:45 AM
Candy__Girl posted...

Ok cool. I should be jumping on in a few minutes myself.

"you jump, I jump"

I jumped but you didn't :p

Schillinger posted...

Follow the first Oko right until it turns back around. You'll get detected but have enough time to run to the second container before Ustanak finds you.
You're now at the section divided by icicles where Ustanak is walking around - go to just about where they start, get detected again and run back to the container. When you come back to the same spot, Ustanak should have smashed through a section of the icicles, allowing you into the other side where there is only one Oko, very easily avoided. However you need to be careful because in my experience, sometimes Ustanak vanishes once he smashes the icicles and sometimes he remains there, and if he sees you it's pretty much insta-death. So listen for his footsteps and let an Oko detect you if need be, he's always gone after the second detection.

Also if you turn left once you go through there's a case with 4000 skill points. Head towards the ledge for another case with 2000 skill points.

The last section is quite tricky because I've done it a few times and depending on what direction the Oko are flying they sometimes impact one another and the timing gets affected. First go and get the 5000 skill points the other side of the maze, then watch from the observation point to try and get the timing down.

Once you're ready, go to the right hand side of the maze directly across from the door you have to go through, there's a drop in front of the two full containers so jump off here rather than going down the steps. There's only one Oko that goes through the centre of the maze, so once it goes through, jump off and go through the centre, wait at the end of the intersection for for another Oko (or two, depending on timing) to go past, then make a run for the door. Again, depending on timing this may take several attempts. There's one final Oko patrolling the door area, and you'll nearly always get detected by it (although if you time it just right by following it up to the door and pressing X just as it turns back it won't detect you), but so long as you start opening the door straight away Ustanak will never catch you.

I've never done that section with a partner so I don't know what happens if you use that method, but the AI partner magically appears behind you so there's no need to wait for them to catch up.

Good luck!

thanks for the strategy but somehow didn't work for me.
---
Those who break rules are trash but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash.
#14Candy__GirlPosted 12/2/2012 10:17:20 AM
good_tobi posted...
Candy__Girl posted...

"you jump, I jump"

Schillinger posted...

Good luck!

thanks for the strategy but somehow didn't work for me.

I did jump on, but then I jumped off... I'm getting back on again if you're available. I actually found a random who helped me, but I'd be more than happy to help you.
#15good_tobi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 11:01:58 AM
Candy__Girl posted...
good_tobi posted...
Candy__Girl posted...

"you jump, I jump"

I did jump on, but then I jumped off... I'm getting back on again if you're available. I actually found a random who helped me, but I'd be more than happy to help you.

may be I jumped in late then, Ooops

anyway, ok later on though/may be some other time, I am not home @the moment.
---
Those who break rules are trash but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash.
#16PechabusterPosted 12/2/2012 6:34:41 PM
I did this VERY easily and I still got S rank on Veteran while doing it. First off, the first dumpster part can be rushed. Just run past them and into the next dumpster. The second one you have to get Ustanak to smash the crystals by alerting him and then alert him again to get him to go away. Then you use the secret route to bypass the okos. Finally the maze one, you need some skill to do it. I just have to say its very possible. Tips, they have a bit of a blind spot to the extreme edges of it.
#17good_tobi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 6:39:36 AM(edited)
Pechabuster posted...
I did this VERY easily and I still got S rank on Veteran while doing it. First off, the first dumpster part can be rushed. Just run past them and into the next dumpster. The second one you have to get Ustanak to smash the crystals by alerting him and then alert him again to get him to go away. Then you use the secret route to bypass the okos. Finally the maze one, you need some skill to do it. I just have to say its very possible. Tips, they have a bit of a blind spot to the extreme edges of it.

yeah I too did it on veteran but died a lot doing it solo with @Schillinger (4 posts above)
strategy especially in that maze part. I think its all down to luck on that maze part. Somehow I bypassed last two Okos through the middle when they were turning and made it to the door and got the medal. Overall got C rank.
---
#18PechabusterPosted 12/4/2012 4:00:18 PM
good_tobi posted...
Pechabuster posted...

yeah I too did it on veteran but died a lot doing it solo with @Schillinger (4 posts above)
strategy especially in that maze part. I think its all down to luck on that maze part. Somehow I bypassed last two Okos through the middle when they were turning and made it to the door and got the medal. Overall got C rank.

Yeah its pretty much completely luck in the maze area. However I just do it on a normal playthrough. This isn't one of those "need to dedicate an entire effort into it" kind of medal like play with only knife and stuff like that.