should i play the past games before this one?

#1FireAssetPosted 12/2/2012 9:36:56 PM
i'd like to play this game, but im wondering if i'll be missing out on story if i do.
---
"Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls! They're small, And they don't give a ****!!!"---www.tourettesguy.com
#2edward18Posted 12/2/2012 9:39:20 PM
you never need to play another game in the series to understand the story of any of the individual games
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3Chunx907Posted 12/2/2012 10:03:07 PM
You don't have to, but this game isn't very good, so I would suggest:

1-3 for good survival horror.

4-5 for action.
#4BlueSkies7776Posted 12/2/2012 10:03:42 PM
I would say no, you don't have to play the previous games. The story in the RE universe is pretty laughable, plus they give you all kinds of backround info in the files that you can unlock.
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#5edward18Posted 12/2/2012 10:13:51 PM
*scoffs*

honestly...unlocking files...pah...
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#6good_tobiPosted 12/4/2012 1:44:03 PM
considering you're new to series........nope, its just a waste of money. RE6 has everything what you need to know about past story.
---
Those who break rules are trash but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash.
#7Superfly Jo JoPosted 12/4/2012 2:10:56 PM(edited)
It helps, but it's not exactly necessary. Due to constantly changing script writers and voice actors, the series has some inconsistent character development. Also they really only mention the previous games in passing. The recent games in the RE series seem like mostly self contained stories.

Edit: I'd like to add that I still recommend playing all the previous entries simply because they're just all around good and fun games
---
PSN: spacedirtyjerz
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Zelda: OoT, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Black Ops II