how gory is this game?

#1elvlocoPosted 12/2/2012 11:33:02 PM
I was wondering, can you blow zombies or mutated monsters into gory bits?

Because in previous RE games, you could only blow the heads off...and nothing else. you couldn't really blow a limb off or anything...like you can in dead space.

so did they change up the gore in this game?
#2slapper1Posted 12/2/2012 11:44:45 PM
Compared to Resident Evil 5, this game is very gory. Compared to RE 4, not so much. It's fairly gory, but nothing too f***ed up.
---
Stupidity isn't a virus, but it sure is spreading like one!
#3RicewarriorZPosted 12/3/2012 12:26:46 AM(edited)
You can blow off heads, and (rather unepicly) blow enemies to pieces with grenades.

Oh, there is this boss where you can blow off it's limbs.

And there's a enemy where you can blow off it's torso. Hell that enemy takes pride in it's goriness that it'll even rip off it's own hand to show you how gory the game is. Still not seeing it, don't worry! The enemy is so considerate that it's torso and legs will walk towards you to remind you that you that you just gorified it! Hell, even the hands will join in. Still not seeing it? Don't worry! Let the enemy give you a helping hand by having the hand grab on to your face! Now you should be able to see it clearly since it's right in front of your eyes! Not sure which enemy it is? DON'T WORRY! It usually starts off in pieces and puts itself back together so that it let's you know you can blow it into smaller chunks! It encourages you to blow off it's torso! isn't game design great?

Oh, and there's a boss where you can blow off bits of its face. Actually i'm not even sure if it should be considered a boss since it's more of an obstacle but what the hell, gore is gore. Go ahead and spray your load on to that face.

... not satisfied?
---
"Nma... Tsua... Choji...!"
- Inohara Masato (Looking back on his life)
#4good_tobiPosted 12/4/2012 5:32:53 AM
hmm not so much
---
Those who break rules are trash but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash.
#5desi_shinobiPosted 12/4/2012 5:45:56 AM
Gore doesn't really stand out in this game. It has improved since RE5 though, but RE5 was censored the **** out off.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#6guiltyslayerPosted 12/4/2012 5:48:13 AM
I think this is the first RE game where you could partially blow an enemy's head off without killing it. Unless the chronicle games did something similar.
#7desi_shinobiPosted 12/4/2012 6:11:49 AM
I do like the little details with the physical damage the enemies get from gunfire.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#8MallyPureSmoothPosted 12/4/2012 6:12:00 AM
guiltyslayer posted...
I think this is the first RE game where you could partially blow an enemy's head off without killing it. Unless the chronicle games did something similar.

Nope, the chronicles ganes didn't have that. I don't even think you could blow their heads off, but then again the only weapon i used was the handgun.

On topic though, yes, as others have said, it has a fair amount of gore in it, but it's nothing compared to RE4.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#9SchillingerPosted 12/4/2012 6:20:00 AM
Sometimes when you're killed by a zombie it'll scoop out your entrails and start eating them, although the scene is kind of spoiled due to the fact that the character is still lying there with a fully intact torso!
---
/thread
PSN: Anthropomancer
#10Shadow CloudPosted 12/4/2012 10:51:26 AM
MallyPureSmooth posted...
guiltyslayer posted...

Nope, the chronicles ganes didn't have that. I don't even think you could blow their heads off, but then again the only weapon i used was the handgun.

On topic though, yes, as others have said, it has a fair amount of gore in it, but it's nothing compared to RE4.

Wrong, a correct headshot (right in the forehead) in the Chronicles games will cause a zombie's head to explode with a satisfying gushing noise. I'm surprised you didn't see that if you mainly use a handgun.