how gory is this game?

#11ridley723Posted 12/4/2012 11:09:11 AM
Your head won't get sawed off in this game like 4.
#12MallyPureSmoothPosted 12/4/2012 11:28:04 AM
Shadow Cloud posted...
MallyPureSmooth posted...
guiltyslayer posted...
I think this is the first RE game where you could partially blow an enemy's head off without killing it. Unless the chronicle games did something similar.

Nope, the chronicles ganes didn't have that. I don't even think you could blow their heads off, but then again the only weapon i used was the handgun.

On topic though, yes, as others have said, it has a fair amount of gore in it, but it's nothing compared to RE4.

Wrong, a correct headshot (right in the forehead) in the Chronicles games will cause a zombie's head to explode with a satisfying gushing noise. I'm surprised you didn't see that if you mainly use a handgun.

It's been years since i played the games, but i could've sworn they didn't have those. Hmmm, my mistake then.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#13skermacPosted 12/4/2012 11:32:24 AM
Not gory at all. So far RE4 is the only game in the series that had to have gore censored from it before it could be sold in Japan which is weird because it was made in Japan as far as I know.
#14occmanPosted 12/4/2012 11:39:30 AM
@ TC

Leon Ch.4 would like you to buy "Gory" Game.
*Screwed up moment*!

It's much like RE4 Macabre. Than Non-whatsoever Macabre RE5.
(( It's like Halloween, Resident Evil, BioTerrorism Military, & Michael Bay.
All on Steroids! ))

I've played for 43hrs. & I can say it's felt like a grand 'ole time.
I've only had the game online so people can enter my game on Agent Hunt.
I haven't played much Mercs, & no Co-Op or Agent Hunt myself.
#15RenYenBotPosted 12/4/2012 11:41:43 AM
skermac posted...
Not gory at all. So far RE4 is the only game in the series that had to have gore censored from it before it could be sold in Japan which is weird because it was made in Japan as far as I know.

Japan has laws I think.

RE1 had death scenes made more goretastic on its way to US. The censors now are so people worldwide with eachother to avoid version differences.

At least in RE5 you could get chomped cleanly in half.
---
PSN: REM_Riot_Bot
Add me and we can traverse the woooorrrllllddd!
#16desi_shinobiPosted 12/4/2012 11:48:06 AM
skermac posted...

Didn't know Resident Evil 4 was censored? What did they do?

I have the Gamecube version and the PS2 version and they were probably the most brutal RE games so far. RE1-3 were gory and Remake is the only game where you could shoot the leg off a zombie. RE0 wasn't so bad but you could shoot their heads off.

RE5 was heavily censored game and had practically no gore.

Resident Evil 6 is bloody but hardly gory though. I wish the zombies had leprasy like they did in RE1-3 where their arms, legs and torsos would split apart!
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#17occmanPosted 12/4/2012 12:58:38 PM
desi_shinobi posted...
skermac posted...

Didn't know Resident Evil 4 was censored? What did they do?

Japan took out the "Rolling Head on the Ground".
When Leon got Chainsawed in RE4.

USA Got the rolling head, uncensored.
#18MallyPureSmoothPosted 12/4/2012 1:05:19 PM
^I don't see how that's worth being censored O_o his head even being "decapitatable" in the first place is a lot worse than it rolling around afterwards.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#19desi_shinobiPosted 12/4/2012 1:23:28 PM
Good to know I have the uncensored version then.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi