Why is the flying ace trophy lying to me?

#11Shadow CloudPosted 12/4/2012 10:58:30 AM
I'll copy and paste this from my ps3trophies.org post.

Along with not getting hit when you're in the plane, make sure you don't fail the sequence with Piers disarming the missile/Chris covering Piers. Maybe it was just me, but I swear I wasn't able to get the trophy the first time because I failed that sequence when the BOW stepped on me, while I was hacking the final terminal.

Another thing. The trophy should pop up right at the start of the chapter's cutscene with the missile launching (as indicated in the roadmap video). So if it doesn't pop up, quit the game using the XMB so you don't have to restart the entire chapter to repeat this VTOL sequence.
#12jpv2000Posted 12/4/2012 3:17:17 PM
I got it playing as Chris. If I got hit at all, I would restart from checkpoint and I got it in only 2 tries.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#13PechabusterPosted 12/4/2012 4:23:57 PM
I wouldn't do it with Piers. You can't control his flight and can't really see all the damage stuff (I believe flying through the anti-air guns is considered damage) and you don't control the airplane at the final part where even one machine gun bullet might harm you (or chris).

Also one note to take, right after the cutscene where Chris and Piers get into the plane there will be a rocket that appears BEFORE the checkpoint so if you get hit by that restarting how many times you want won't help you.

Anyways yeah I got it on my second try. First time my RB button was broken so I didn't keep a close eye on my damage. I also played with a partner who quit mid-way because of all the restarting.

Oh, and the achievement will unlock at the results screen so you have to get through the disabling missle part too (or it could be the last cutscene but I skipped it)
#14mMarikom(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 1:48:57 AM
Shadow Cloud posted...
I'll copy and paste this from my ps3trophies.org post.

Along with not getting hit when you're in the plane, make sure you don't fail the sequence with Piers disarming the missile/Chris covering Piers. Maybe it was just me, but I swear I wasn't able to get the trophy the first time because I failed that sequence when the BOW stepped on me, while I was hacking the final terminal.

Another thing. The trophy should pop up right at the start of the chapter's cutscene with the missile launching (as indicated in the roadmap video). So if it doesn't pop up, quit the game using the XMB so you don't have to restart the entire chapter to repeat this VTOL sequence.

I tried it again. This was my exact problem.

It's honestly easier with Piers because you just have to be quick in destroying the anti aircraft guns.

My problem was that the BOW would kill me or I would take damage. I did get the trophy solo, offline, as Piers. TBH it's the easiest way to do it.
---
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko
#15Shadow CloudPosted 12/5/2012 5:42:33 AM
Dumb isn't it? They should have added an extra description of "do not fail stopping the missile launch" or something.
#16J SasakiPosted 12/5/2012 11:48:46 AM
I did it with Piers solo on Veteran. At the start, you have to focus on the ship's three missile batteries and not worry about the ship's three double-barrel guns. Look closely and you'll see the difference.

The first AAA emplacement that you face when the flying section starts is a missile battery; from there, every other emplacement is a missile battery. Once you destroy them, the guns can't hit you even with the AI piloting the plane.
#17PechabusterPosted 12/5/2012 5:31:34 PM
Shadow Cloud posted...
Dumb isn't it? They should have added an extra description of "do not fail stopping the missile launch" or something.

Except Chris is still piloting the plane so the "don't get a scratch on the plane" is still ongoing. Its common sense to play through the entire plane part even if you're Piers (trophy was meant for Chris since Piers doesn't fly).