Will ORC: Terrestrial Fear be any good compared to 6 other RE games?

#11HonorlessPosted 12/5/2012 1:05:16 AM
ORC is great for what it is, especially with friends rather than A.I.
If it had a Merc/Hoard mode, I wouldn't have even jumped on the launch issues of RE6.
---
|| Frantic Antics || Robots in Rowboats ||
I want to beLIEve || Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies
#12BasementDudePosted 12/5/2012 1:07:40 AM
skermac posted...
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
Without telling spoilers, I will just say that ORC had 3 different endings, including one that hinted the possibility of a sequel. I would like to see which of these is chosen for continuing the story, if the sequel do is related to the original.

Another less likely possibility is that Capcom listens to the fans and the game ends up taking place on Rockfort Island as many people keep hoping for.

I just ordered ORC on Ebay, can't wait to try it.

one of the endings is dlc only
---
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 200,004,101
#13XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 12/5/2012 1:22:04 AM
I saw the first chapter where you go to Birkin's lab. Way too much bang bang, pow pow pow for me lol. Hopefully this public obsession with action shooters is just a phase like late 80's-mid 90's platformers. I know I've had enough of it.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#14djepic112Posted 12/5/2012 4:10:57 AM
I was so hopeful RE ORC would be great considering it was set in the RE2-3 timeline. I really regret pre-ordering the special edition. It's one of the worst games I've played in a while. If there is a sequel, you can be damn sure it's going to sell poorly.

RE Outbreak 1 sold really well on hype but with all the gameplay problems it had after release made Outbreak file 2 a big flop.
#15bigdaddydmacPosted 12/5/2012 5:58:42 AM
I absolutely loved ORC! It brought RE back to it's roots in Raccoon City! Real Zombies, not parasites chasing you on dirtbikes, or shooting at you with guns. (Although, after playing the demo for RE6, the plagas are awesome compared to the new BOWs) The 4 player online co op is fun. I've played through multiple times, and to me it catches some of that old RE flair while being a completely different game altogether. (AND THE SOUNDTRACK ABSOLUTELY KICKED ASS!)

Hopefully the sequel sees some improved controls and some actual character development. The cast of ORC was kinda bland. Bring back Nickolai and Hunk, and give the Wolfpack some story and I see a win! (Even if I am in the minority, so much hate for ORC)

Rumored Vita version too!
Cross buy for the win.
---
psn:BigDaddyD-Mac
"Before society can move forward, we all must agree upon the rules! Now Kneel!" -Galvatron
#16DigimonTrainerPosted 12/5/2012 7:17:54 AM
I like ORC, it's good for what it is and unlock some of the other RE's, was properly advertised as what kind of game it would be, so people knew exactly what they were getting into gameplay wise. ORC had a lot of potential, so I think the upcoming developers will really tap into this time around. If there is a sequel, I'll probably pick it up.
---
Intrepidity. Courtesy. Illusions. Until the end. Until the end.
Someone invite me back to the That's What She Said board. =(
#17SSJ_JinPosted 12/5/2012 7:35:56 AM
ORC > the piece of trash known as Outbreak.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/