Is Ada too nice in RE6?

#1skermacPosted 12/4/2012 2:28:54 PM
In RE4 she was only doing things for herself but in 6 she is helpful to mankind, what's up with that? Well at least Leon will think more highly of her lol
#2AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 12/4/2012 2:29:59 PM
i've only finished Ada chapter 4 (so no spoilers),. but i was truly honestly thinking this last night!
---
The Reclamation has begun!
#3skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 2:34:26 PM
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
i've only finished Ada chapter 4 (so no spoilers),. but i was truly honestly thinking this last night!

I'm not sure if I like a nicer Ada, but she was never evil. I guess nicer is better than evil.
#4BlueSkies7776Posted 12/4/2012 2:35:11 PM
Yeah, Ada in RE4 seems more like Ada's doppelganger in RE6.
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#5Volren617Posted 12/4/2012 2:35:16 PM
I was actually thinking that. In 2 and 4 she was always the pro who focused on getting the job done over personal feelings. Though she's generally helpful to Leon and obviously does care about him, she has no problems using him to accomplish her own goals.

I never really thought she had any real problems with bioweapon development/use in general given who she was willing to work for. To an extent I understand what she did in 6 though, since Simmons and Carla started the ball rolling and from her perspective she was probably just cleaning up loose ends and protecting herself.

I don't know about 'too nice'. She always had her own agenda.
#6MakoChanXPosted 12/4/2012 2:40:40 PM
If anything I'd say it was the opposite.

Sally Cahill made Ada sound more caring due to her softer tones when speaking, especially when she says "...Leon".

In RE6, Courtenay Taylor gives a totally different performance, making Ada sound a lot more smug and cocky, especially with that new smirk she does.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdnau3FARq1rkuymjo8_250.gif
#7Cosmic_CoyotePosted 12/4/2012 3:09:42 PM
Ada is not evil, she is more neutral

In RE6 she is cleaning her name, killing off her clone and used the opportunity to making herself pass as "Dead" when the Carla was reported as that by Chris and the BSAA.

Also she used the oportunity to get ridd of Simmons and his family so it was pretty much personal just like always, she just helped here and there whenever she had the chance
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#8skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 3:09:50 PM
MakoChanX posted...
If anything I'd say it was the opposite.

Sally Cahill made Ada sound more caring due to her softer tones when speaking, especially when she says "...Leon".

In RE6, Courtenay Taylor gives a totally different performance, making Ada sound a lot more smug and cocky, especially with that new smirk she does.

Very true. I wonder why they didn't use Sally this time?
#9good_tobiPosted 12/6/2012 12:29:22 PM
skermac posted...
In RE4 she was only doing things for herself but in 6 she is helpful to mankind, what's up with that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgDM87isUtA

reminded me of this............

on topic, thats Leon's effect. Think it was in Umbrella chronicles where she says Meeting with Leon changed me
---
Those who break rules are trash but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash.
#10skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 2:23:19 PM
good_tobi posted...
skermac posted...
In RE4 she was only doing things for herself but in 6 she is helpful to mankind, what's up with that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgDM87isUtA

reminded me of this............

on topic, thats Leon's effect. Think it was in Umbrella chronicles where she says Meeting with Leon changed me

She isn't hanging out enough with him to rub off on her, or is she? hmmm