If you were hired by Capcom do direct RE7, what direction would you take it?

#1BlueSkies7776Posted 12/4/2012 2:50:05 PM
Honestly, even though I think long time fans would hate the idea, but I would lose the main characters and create new characters. The game would be platform/shooter based similar to Uncharted. But it would be about a normal family who got caught up in the outbreak and the evacuation from their city. The game would follow their escape from their home, to where ever they end up.

I think I realize that going back to pre-rendered graphics wouldn't work. But I would want to ditch the RE4/5/6 style. The only choice is a free roaming 3rd person game similar to Uncharted, Tomb Raider and Grand Theft Auto IV.
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#2edward18Posted 12/4/2012 2:56:35 PM
Give it the traditional gameplay with the option to switch it to over-the-shoulder at will. It would be a large trapped environment that you have to play detective in solving puzzles and such to find new paths and items in the backtracking that you do. Ammo and health would not be dropped by enemies and you'd have to find it lying around. Also lots of notes.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3MakoChanXPosted 12/4/2012 2:58:34 PM
I would do a RE6 and have multiple campaigns,

Have one play the classic style with the fixed camera and the classic controls, maybe staring characters with less combat/field experience (such as Claire or Rebecca)

And one play TPS like the newer games, staring characters with experience like Jill, Chris, Leon Etc.

Both campaigns could be co-op, but would only cross over in cut scenes (similar to RE2 when you saw the other character) due to the game play styles.

The game will appeal to EVERY RE fan old and new, and stop the constant fan war of the classic and old games, and be a huge success.

EVERYONE WILL LOVE IT.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdnau3FARq1rkuymjo8_250.gif
#4skermacPosted 12/4/2012 3:00:06 PM
I would have it more like RE4, optional coop, no qte's and more of Leon, Ada, Sherry, Rebecca, Jill, and Claire.
#5edward18Posted 12/4/2012 3:00:08 PM
I wouldn't be happy.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#6KeJo6Posted 12/4/2012 3:00:24 PM
Complete isolation

focus more on horror than action

current camera system

new cast
---
Do not delude yourself, wretched fool!
PSN: KeJo13
#7MakoChanXPosted 12/4/2012 3:02:12 PM
edward18 posted...
I wouldn't be happy.

There's a shock.
---
#8edward18Posted 12/4/2012 3:03:00 PM
You said EVERYONE would love it.
---
#9ridley723Posted 12/4/2012 3:08:39 PM
MakoChanX posted...
I would do a RE6 and have multiple campaigns,

Have one play the classic style with the fixed camera and the classic controls, maybe staring characters with less combat/field experience (such as Claire or Rebecca)

And one play TPS like the newer games, staring characters with experience like Jill, Chris, Leon Etc.

Both campaigns could be co-op, but would only cross over in cut scenes (similar to RE2 when you saw the other character) due to the game play styles.

The game will appeal to EVERY RE fan old and new, and stop the constant fan war of the classic and old games, and be a huge success.

EVERYONE WILL LOVE IT.

Just make sure you don't have to unlock certain content by finishing both campaigns. I wouldn't touch the first one with a ten foot pole!
#10MakoChanXPosted 12/4/2012 3:21:54 PM
ridley723 posted...

Just make sure you don't have to unlock certain content by finishing both campaigns. I wouldn't touch the first one with a ten foot pole!

Nope, they would be completely separate. RE2 had two "campaigns", but neither of them were directly connected, this would be the same, but would have little cross over scenes etc.

I think doing this would provide such a diverse game, bring all the elements of Resident Evil, past and present, into one experience.

I don't see why not either. They've done two separate stories before (2), and they've programmed both genres in the past.

It would please so many people (expect you as you've stated, Edward) to experience both sides of Resident Evil, or just choose a side of genre you prefer and play that!
---