If you were hired by Capcom do direct RE7, what direction would you take it?

#81edward18Posted 12/7/2012 9:13:10 AM
Okay, I stand correct. 4's the only instance where I have liked a co-op game more. 4's the absolute worst in the main series to me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#82SSJ_JinPosted 12/7/2012 9:44:13 AM
Well since today's a slow day at work, I'll write even though it'll be too much to read. lol

I'm not quite sure on RE7, but I know how'd I do a Mercenaries game. For RE7 I was thinking that there would be two versions of it with two discs, (still standard price). The entire game can be played with the new style and the other disc would have old school. Although that would be unpractical business wise and a lot of money, it be nice for a fan view.

But for Mercs I have a few ideas.

First there would be different score systems. You can pick the style of RE4, RE5, Reunion, or RE6, (or are Reunion and 6 the same?) plus a different new one for the game itself. Obviously for online play, you would have to pick which room to go in for the playstyle.

Maps would already include every Merc map released thus far. New ones will be at least two stages per RE game. For example, RE1 would have the mansion and the lab for Merc levels.

Bosses would be things like Tyrant, Nemesis, etc. but in their cases rather than them blowing up and a new one spawns after you kill them, they faint and remain in that location until they wake up again. That's their spawn.

There would be numerous game modes. Play Mercs without the timer for those who want it, survivor, (like how long will you last) the ones made for RE5/6, play as the enemy bosses, play as the BOWs and you have to kill AI humans, (Chris, Leon, etc.) have a Nemesis mode where essentially you'll fight Nemesis from his 1st form to at least his 2nd before winning, (could have a Birkin mode for this as well) some sort of rescue mode, a collect the virus sample mode, administer the cure, even a Classic mode where the cameras are fixed which would be hard as hell.

Weapons would be fully customizable. You upgrade them how you want, (but adding the parts also may have a cost, i.e. this means your actually customizing your guns to fit your style rather than upgrading a gun to where it has max ammo, strength, reload, etc.) You pick which guns to go into battle with for any character you are, (course there's some limit so you can't just have all these weapons).

Characters range from the usual to even hidden ones that require unlocks like old school games. Examples:

To unlock Tofu you have to already have HUNK unlocked. Then in a certain map, (I guess a China aread from RE6) there's a food stand that has a hardly noticable item that only HUNK can pick up, i.e. Tofu, and you have to move it to another stand. This unlocks Tofu.

To unlock the Kendo Gun Shop owner, play the survival mode, (say it's where you barricade yourself in a building) but don't block any doors or windows. Survive until a certian wave and he's available.

To unlock the RE4 Merchant, purchase every gun and customizable item availble from the gun shop. The Merchant will comment on how he has nothing to do now since you bought everything from his store and will then be availbe as a Mercs character.

To unlock Brad Vickers, literally shoot no one in a Mercs round and run away the entire time. Your partner(s) have to still get at least an "A" ranking, (or whatever is equivalent in the different playing styles).
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#83SSJ_JinPosted 12/7/2012 9:44:22 AM
Characters will all have their unknown unique melees and many, many costumes. Even costumes will have unlocks. For example:

To unlock a bloody RE1 Wesker costume, (when Tyrant kills him) you do just that. Play a round where the T-002 is in there with Wesker and let him kill you. You get that costume.

To unlock RE2 bandaged Leon, play a versus map as RPD Leon and get shot by an Annette player.

For Bird Lady Jill, you have to play a versus map and melee both a Chris and Sheva player one time each.

Course there would be numerous "for fun" costumes as well.

Extra characters would be Dante, Ryu, Omniusha guy, Frank West, Mega Man, ect. And these will be characters, not skins. They'll have their own costumes. Dante can get his DMC1, 2, 3, 4, and even DmC look. Megaman gets Classic, X, Legends, EXE, and whatever else.

Unlockable music so you can adjust what song(s) will play when you play.

Err, yeah...that's enough for writing. All that stuff will be availble day 1 except the extra characters which will be DLC. So will some costumes, add on to maps, new maps, modes. But all this DLC will actually be DLC worked on after the game is out, not stuff while the game is in development.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#84PechabusterPosted 12/7/2012 4:43:20 PM
hak145 posted...

I already made my argument for why the complete absence of co op would be for the best. This is one of the main reasons why Resident evil 4 is miles ahead of Re6 and RE5. You say co op is bad but that doesn't make sense. It can be good or bad, depending on the game. Left 4 Dead is a great co op game and so halo and gears. You are so full of ****, it must be oozing your of every orifice of your body. I can tell by your posts that this must be the case.

This must be you talking to yourself. Just as the rest of the moron luddites you always pull things out of your ass that is completely false. You never MADE an argument. Lets see your first post was of what you wanted in a new RE, your second and tellling me to get off my high horse. And your third was a butthurt sentence. And I never said Co-op is bad wtf are you talking about? Are you getting delusional like the typical old school fanboys? You're the one whining about co-op because you have no friends to play with.

So really the person you see having **** ooze everywhere is yourself.
#85edward18Posted 12/7/2012 5:20:32 PM
Luddites do not exist in the video game community.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#86Big_Boss1432Posted 12/7/2012 6:11:20 PM
chaostdk posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
chaostdk posted...
Pechabuster posted...
If all of that is true then that's not too shabby. Not at all. Maybe you can make a quick easy flash game to test out your skills? And yeah that wouldn't make you overconfident at all. Have you ever made a game? Like a quick pong simulator or something? Using something with RPGmaker. There are how tos on the internet for those. Join a game making community. If your skills are above expectations then I can see you handing that in as your resume into a game company.

edward18 posted...
HA! I doubt my stuff could turn out all that great. But that aside my computer can't handle those kind of programs.

a-hem. if your computer can watch youtube videos then your computer can handle programming in flash. as for rpg maker, ffs

here

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/#rpgmkervxace

take your pick, see which one runs with your computers specs and make your vaunted game. and if your computer somehow can't run any of those, go download a ps1 emulator, get an iso of the ps1 rpg maker game then create your game there. afterwards just share the save with someone to see how good you really are at making a videogame. if your computer is so low tech that it can't handle emulating a ps1 game then you should go get a job and get a better computer.

I have RPG MAker xp on the PC, its pretty fun. It just takes SSSSOOOOO long if you make a game by yourself. Its take like 50 hours to get like 2 hours of a decent gameplay haha

thats how it is with videogame production though. i mean, take a look at some of the ones we have like say.... the filler Assassin's Creed games. Brotherhood, for example, was announced in 2009. it came out november of 2010, yet its singleplayer can be completed and its multiplayer aspect maxed out most definitely under a year. Final fantasy 7 spent three years in development yet you could probably do every single thing to be done in the game in about 65 hours, possibly less.

I know. Its a tough and time consuming to make games. I appreciate the work most developers do. Especially naughty dog. I'm taking animation right now and my god the technology they use is amazing and the work they put it into it, jesus. Not only do they not use facial capture but they manage to make snow and sand realistic, thats extremely hard to get realistically, even for animated movies XD And ND does it great.
Also, I watch this documentary called indie gaming about the 2 guys that made super meat bot and the one guy that made Fes. Not only was it inspiring, but it shows greatly how making a game isn't all that fun.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#87Big_Boss1432Posted 12/7/2012 6:20:50 PM
Pechabuster posted...

You're the one whining about co-op because you have no friends to play with.

So

Maybe he just doesn't like co-op. I have tons of friends who prefer single-player campaigns over forced co-op games. haha You're such an ignorant jerk.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#88GLADI_ATORPosted 12/7/2012 8:16:26 PM
****SPOILER ALERT*****

It would be like RE6, but with a better camera. Also it would delve into Jakes life and be more of a solo adventure, as he seems to be that type although it seemed like he enjoyed working with Sherry and really wanted to have more of a partnership. He's going to have to work with his daddy issues, which will be a focus of the game. As we seem him at the end of the game in what appears to be the mid-east about to fight some possibly mutated/enhanced hunters we'll start off there. He's going to be investigating what his father was doing and trying to correct those things. Also he'll come across Jill Redfield, once known as Jill Valentine, who is searching for her drunken husband who disappeared after a night of brooding at the bar. Sherry will come along and help out Jake who realizes its better when there's two and eventually Jill joins in with them as she miserable in her current situation and really could use the comfort from the two . . . to be continued.
---
official grand master assassin of everywhere of ACIII boards
#89PechabusterPosted 12/8/2012 2:46:24 PM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Pechabuster posted...

So

Maybe he just doesn't like co-op. I have tons of friends who prefer single-player campaigns over forced co-op games. haha You're such an ignorant jerk.

lol so butthurt that nobody likes you. Get dunked on
#90Big_Boss1432Posted 12/8/2012 2:56:42 PM
Pechabuster posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Pechabuster posted...

So

lol so butthurt that nobody likes you. Get dunked on

Yeah no haha Stop taking my lines nerd. Get dunked on.
---