Which character has the lowest i.q.?

#61longstorm555Posted 12/6/2012 4:46:43 PM
sbn4 posted...
Pilots in the military are seen as the elite and if you lose flight qualifications and can no longer fly any job you are given will feel like a demotion even though you keep the same rank. Chris is no longer a pilot, no longer elite, just a soldier now.

Actually, Special Forces are elite. Navy SEALS, Rangers, Green Berets and the like are seen as elite. Pilots are obviously highly respected, but I don't know if I'd consider them elite. And as mentioned, Chris was removed because of disagreements with superiors. Even then, it makes no sense that Chris was even a pilot. Unless Chris is a prodigy and joined the miltary at 15, there is no way he could be a pilot. The training is not only extensive, but you have to be an officer (which requires a college degree I believe).

And he's a higly respected and decorated member of the BSAA. He's one of the damn founders. Sheva calls him a super hero, and Piers refers to him as a legend. The man has obviously made his mark regardless of what his prior service might have been. Despite his "demotion," I'd say he's still viewed as an elite and highly respected member of the BSAA.

this.

i always get the feeling chris is the kind of you guy you might not like, maybe 'cause he's a super serious dude and not a witty character like leon, but you respect him anyway, and you can't help but feel he deserves said respect.
#62sbn4Posted 12/6/2012 4:58:50 PM
I actually like Chris because he's the most human of the bunch next to his sister. Jill hasn't grown and is criminally boring. Leon is likable, but I can't really relate to him because he acts like a tamer version of Dante. Chris shows emotion, lets his anger affect his decision making, and is sometimes reckless.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#63siberian142Posted 12/6/2012 5:25:49 PM
longstorm555 posted...
they needed us to know something wasn't quite right because carla wears blue and ada wears red (this is for people who played the game without knowing there were two 'ada's), and chris was also so deep in his rage and emotions, he didn't even pay attention. he saw ada, he chased after her. he couldn't care less about her clothes.

Even if Chris had noticed it, stating that she changed clothes would have been pointless. He was chasing blue Ada, red Ada looked exactly like her and he had no indication that something may have been up simply because she apparently changed her clothing. I doubt anyone in Chris's situation would have noticed and even if they did, they wouldn't have cause to bring it up due to most people not being willing to entertain the possibility that blue Ada is a clone and red Ada is the real deal out for answers. If you didn't have any previous knowledge of that, it'd be a bit absurd to think like that.

Anyways, I wouldn't say any of the protagonists in the series are dumb, they just make dumb, spur of the moment decisions. Doing things like punching a boulder sounds stupid, but hey, it worked.

Quite a lot of the antagonists are, though. Or at least they give off that impression. And to think a lot of them are described as geniuses in their files and such.
#64PechabusterPosted 12/6/2012 7:06:53 PM
snake_dante44 posted...
UltimateGeth39 posted...
How has nobody mentioned raechel yet seriously she was not smart enough to live through that game judging by her appearance.

Yea, i think Rachel is the stupidest. Seriously, not only she has that stupid looking hair covering both her eyes (how the hell could she see anything?), then her huge boobs.. which she left revealing (it's like she's asking to get raped. lol), and finally, she throws her gun just because she run out of ammo.. which she could have kept the gun and find some ammo somewhere on that ship. Or she could use her knive and stab it to the monster.

And also, it looks like she doesn't have any combat abilities at all.. she's just running away in panic while the monster chasing her. All that makes her look like an untrained Navy Seal agent. If she's trained, she could escape that monster easily.

I don't know why Capcom made such a stupid character like that and then killed her in just few minutes, and then made her into B.O.W. monster. What a shame, i think she could have been a good character had she has a proper hairstyle, normal sized boobs, and smart.

Combat ability and being a poor soldier has nothing to do with mental smarts. Many valedictorian ivy league graduates would probably panic if put into that kind of situation. Being brave and staying calm 'has nothing to do with intelligence.
#65AntloversPosted 12/7/2012 5:03:46 AM
Tbar67 posted...
Antlovers posted...
longstorm555 posted...
you guys are confunsing 'annoying' and 'lack of knowledge' with 'low i.q.'

ashley wasn't dumb, she was kidnapped, thrown out in an area she didn't know, infected and abused. she was scared out of her mind and she still managed to help leon some times.

leon not knowing what's going doesn't make him dumb. at all. he lacks knowledge of the situation, he doesn't lack intelligence to survive and figure it out anyway.

same with chris. chris not realizing ada's outfit change can be attributed to two things: they, the producers and writers, needed to hint something was wrong at us, the players. they needed us to know something wasn't quite right because carla wears blue and ada wears red (this is for people who played the game without knowing there were two 'ada's), and chris was also so deep in his rage and emotions, he didn't even pay attention. he saw ada, he chased after her. he couldn't care les about her clothes.

steve was dumb, but even him can be explained as a scared 17 year old boy who lacked love and affection and fell for the first person who showed him any sign of concern.

i still vote for him, though

....................................................Stupid moments in relation to cognitive dissonance. I stick to my view of Ashley being the least intelligent. Also note she wasn't given the special training that the rest were given...........Also a the las plagas were equally as stupid....

Honestly....

TC asked which character do we think has the lowest I.Q., not who has gained the most knowledge and training through out their life. Considering that Ashley didn't recieve any training and was still able to figure out a way to kill the Ganados effectively would make her seem at least fairly intelligent as opposed to Leon or Chris who have recieved training and techniques on how to take out their opposition, so they already know how to do so effectively. I.Q. tests are to see how much potential someone has of natural intelligence, not comparing how effective someone with training/education is, and some one without training/education is.

Did you read my first sentence. Dont go correcting me because you dont have much to correct. By all means stick up for Ashley, butcher Leon and Chris but the obvious facts show that they are very intelligent....are you going to say that Hunnigan has ADHD next?
#66skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 8:45:36 AM
longstorm555 posted...
sbn4 posted...
Pilots in the military are seen as the elite and if you lose flight qualifications and can no longer fly any job you are given will feel like a demotion even though you keep the same rank. Chris is no longer a pilot, no longer elite, just a soldier now.

Actually, Special Forces are elite. Navy SEALS, Rangers, Green Berets and the like are seen as elite. Pilots are obviously highly respected, but I don't know if I'd consider them elite. And as mentioned, Chris was removed because of disagreements with superiors. Even then, it makes no sense that Chris was even a pilot. Unless Chris is a prodigy and joined the miltary at 15, there is no way he could be a pilot. The training is not only extensive, but you have to be an officer (which requires a college degree I believe).

And he's a higly respected and decorated member of the BSAA. He's one of the damn founders. Sheva calls him a super hero, and Piers refers to him as a legend. The man has obviously made his mark regardless of what his prior service might have been. Despite his "demotion," I'd say he's still viewed as an elite and highly respected member of the BSAA.

this.

i always get the feeling chris is the kind of you guy you might not like, maybe 'cause he's a super serious dude and not a witty character like leon, but you respect him anyway, and you can't help but feel he deserves said respect.

I think that's part of it, he is always so serious and not very social. He needs to lighten up a bit. Leon has seen countless die and is serious sometimes and sometimes not. Chris needs to lighten up before he has a stress attack.