2012 Video Game Awards on Spike TV tonight at 9pm est, I don't see RE6 nominated

#1skermacPosted 12/7/2012 10:04:56 AM
I'm look at the the home page now. I see AC3 which I really need to play, Dishonored, Journey, Mass Effect 3, The Walking Dead. I didn't read the whole site to see if that's all the noms for game of the year but I think it is.

On that list I have only played The Walking Dead, downloadable from the PS Store, don't know if avail for the 360, but it totally rocks and I would like to see it win.

I don't know why RE6 wasn't nominated, maybe it hasn't been out long enough?
#2IlDankoPosted 12/7/2012 10:10:49 AM
skermac posted...
I'm look at the the home page now. I see AC3 which I really need to play, Dishonored, Journey, Mass Effect 3, The Walking Dead. I didn't read the whole site to see if that's all the noms for game of the year but I think it is.

On that list I have only played The Walking Dead, downloadable from the PS Store, don't know if avail for the 360, but it totally rocks and I would like to see it win.

I don't know why RE6 wasn't nominated, maybe it hasn't been out long enough?

Ugh journey nominated?? That was a crap of a game... Money thrown right into the garbage for me...
---
"It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn... with, like, a bomb"- Saul Silver ....PSN: Dan21993
#3Vergil92Posted 12/7/2012 11:05:52 AM
Honestly, I don't think RE6 deserves GOTY anyways. It's a nice game and all, but it has some pretty noticeable flaws.
---
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
#4RichterdgfPosted 12/7/2012 11:16:17 AM
Yup. RE6 just isn't GOTY material, no matter how much I wish it were. While undeserving of morons saying it's the worst game ever made, it was a letdown, and that's just a shame.

Besides, I think we all can agree that awards shows are complete BS. Something stupid like Madden or the latest re-skin of Call of Duty will get GOTY. It's a complete sham, so don;t pay any attention to it.

As for myself, I haven't put any stock in anyone's video game related awards since some fools at some magazine that I can't remember gave Dynasty Warriors 3 the award for best FIGHTING game the year that Capcom vs. SNK 2 came out. The magazine in question has since gone out of print. (Big surprise, I know.)
---
-M-
Get equipped with Metal Blade
#5PyroSparkPosted 12/7/2012 11:37:21 AM
RE6 was godlike overall. Probably my favorite RE game, easily. But it does have a few flaws that make story mode repetitive. That being too many QTEs.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#6paranormalistPosted 12/7/2012 12:09:30 PM
Maybe the committee got pissed that the game wrestles the camera away from you for story events DURING BATTLE with no option to turn that off or to hold L2 to look or something. Ugh! That's my worst gripe with this game, the action gets interrupted every few minutes because they want to show me a fence falling down while I'm still being shot at.
---
Because I care.
#7desi_shinobiPosted 12/7/2012 12:18:10 PM
Its purely down to the mixed reviews it received. The game did get a lot of backlash and some of the reviews were actually biased.

Its not surprising its not even been nominated.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#8MallyPureSmoothPosted 12/7/2012 12:18:49 PM
Most of the nominated games are all-flash-no-substance except for dishonored. I shouldn't be surprised though as people nowdays seem to prefer flash over substance.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#9tevin1569Posted 12/7/2012 12:24:12 PM
Well I can say it wasn't because of the flaws, I mean Skyrim won last year and that had such awful flaws...glitching out and had so many patches to fix things(it makes since for being such a huge RPG I guess, I just didn't appreciate getting far and for it to glitch on a loading screen and then the place be black or it just freezes. I just don't think RE is going to be able to stand up against some of those games. It's not as big, RE has a huge following but.....well really I don't know.. I just feel althought it's my second favorite RE, it won't ever get that.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#10edward18Posted 12/7/2012 12:26:17 PM
Rayman Origins kicks the ass of any PS3 game I've played.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai