Chris and Jake *Spoilers*

#1BigBoss427Posted 12/8/2012 6:24:31 PM
I know I'm a bit late to the party thanks to school, but I just got the game and played through Jake and Sherry's campaign and there was something that bothered me.

Out of the many ways to tell Jake that he knew Wesker, Chris chooses the one that's most likely to piss Jake off. "I knew your father, and I killed him" Then he says it was straight up personal too. The icing is the fact that they are in the middle of a mission...That scene was just double facepalm-inducing.
#2longstorm555Posted 12/8/2012 6:33:28 PM
BigBoss427 posted...
I know I'm a bit late to the party thanks to school, but I just got the game and played through Jake and Sherry's campaign and there was something that bothered me.

Out of the many ways to tell Jake that he knew Wesker, Chris chooses the one that's most likely to piss Jake off. "I knew your father, and I killed him" Then he says it was straight up personal too. The icing is the fact that they are in the middle of a mission...That scene was just double facepalm-inducing.

he didn't say it was personal, he said it was both---orders, and personal.
he told jake the truth because jake had the right to know, what chris did was incredbly noble, especially when he stood still and told jake he had every right to shoot and kill him if he so wanted. wesker was his father, and he had the right for revenge.

there's really no other way to say it. they were running out of time, he couldn't stand there and explain ''i knew your father, i can see him in you. and i killed him. because he did this and then he did that and then my partner sacrificed herself to save me by killing him but they didn't actually die, and he went crazy and brainwashed her out of revenge for me and the he went even crazier and decided to become a god and not to mention all the backstory we had, he was my capt and all that, so your father was a lunatic and i killed him.''

piers even comments on this, says he shouldn't apologize for doing what he did since wesker was crazy, but chris says 'he was still jake's father.'

and i get that. i know people like to play tough and be like 'if i were jake i wouldn't have reacted the way he did and if i were chris i wouldn't have told him,' but if my father went crazy he'd still be my father and i'd still try to defend him and things don't really change when you have a father you don't even know. jake didn't know wesker but his mother was madly in love with him and told him wesker was a good man (and maybe he was, it was before the virus incident after all), so it was only natural for jake to egt defensive.

and chris told the truth.