Lol everyone look at today's poll.

#1DecaprePosted 12/8/2012 9:12:08 PM
It's awesome right!
---
I've been told my love for Chun Li is insanity and sinful, well God.... That's exactly what I wish for =)
#2Neutron15Posted 12/8/2012 9:20:55 PM(edited)
Do you worry that a zombie outbreak might actually happen someday?

No, and I'm amazed people could take it seriously

Reminds me of Doomsday Preppers
---
There is no method in this madness! Now who would want that, Who benefits from your madness? Make your survival mean something!
#3MallyPureSmoothPosted 12/8/2012 9:28:09 PM
Yea it is, i chose option 4 because i'm not closed-minded like everybody that chose option 5 :)
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#4BushidoEffect3Posted 12/8/2012 9:37:23 PM
Neutron15 posted...
Do you worry that a zombie outbreak might actually happen someday?

No, and I'm amazed people could take it seriously

Reminds me of Doomsday Preppers

That was an entertaining show, only because of those crazy families and the lengths they go to. As if the USA is gonna fall into total Anarchy or turn into Far Cry 3 within the next week! Lol.
#5PechabusterPosted 12/8/2012 10:38:51 PM
MallyPureSmooth posted...
Yea it is, i chose option 4 because i'm not closed-minded like everybody that chose option 5 :)

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html

Yeah, zombie outbreak is VERY unlikely. And not only all of that but a zombie apocalpyse if mathematically impossible. So if a random internet nerd or teenage punk can take down more than one zombie how did so many people get infected in the first place? I mean you can see on Facebook all the 13 year olds including girls anticipating the zombie apocalypse and how they'll all kill a bunch of zombies. Its just self-centered people thinking that they're more competant than others when they're not. And even if some giant virus did infect a bunch of people the military would have long mowed them down because militaries in the real world aren't as insane/corrupt as the idiot militaries in movies and video games.

And finally if somehow this real world zombie virus is somehow SO strong that firearms and bombings can't defeat then an internet nerd would definitely not be able to. And lol I have to laugh at the genius of putting this poll a day (ok 2 days) after the exersize poll...
#6IlDankoPosted 12/8/2012 11:05:31 PM
Pechabuster posted...
MallyPureSmooth posted...

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html

Yeah, zombie outbreak is VERY unlikely. And not only all of that but a zombie apocalpyse if mathematically impossible. So if a random internet nerd or teenage punk can take down more than one zombie how did so many people get infected in the first place? I mean you can see on Facebook all the 13 year olds including girls anticipating the zombie apocalypse and how they'll all kill a bunch of zombies. Its just self-centered people thinking that they're more competant than others when they're not. And even if some giant virus did infect a bunch of people the military would have long mowed them down because militaries in the real world aren't as insane/corrupt as the idiot militaries in movies and video games.

And finally if somehow this real world zombie virus is somehow SO strong that firearms and bombings can't defeat then an internet nerd would definitely not be able to. And lol I have to laugh at the genius of putting this poll a day (ok 2 days) after the exersize poll...

Actually we're already surrounded by mindless, bloodthirsty and inhuman people... Declaring a zombie apocalypse would only be a mere excuse to start doing something constructive
---
"It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn... with, like, a bomb"- Saul Silver ....PSN: Dan21993
#7PechabusterPosted 12/8/2012 11:14:11 PM
IlDanko posted...

Actually we're already surrounded by mindless, bloodthirsty and inhuman people... Declaring a zombie apocalypse would only be a mere excuse to start doing something constructive

Lol XD but we have to be sure they're the ones getting infected and not a cute girl or friendly office worker. They probably would since they're usually fat and unhealthy so they'd be the ones getting infected.
#8Vohn_ExelPosted 12/9/2012 1:16:02 AM
Yay, I FINALLY got this game! Anyway, something people should know:

The reason there was a zombie apocalypse in the "Of the Dead" series is because in Romero's universe, everyone who died a traumatic death returned as a zombie, so long as their brains weren't damaged. The bites, I believe, were just a way to speed up the process, as they only served to kill. People that died of old age or head trauma stayed dead.

That explains why there's an apocalypse in that series, and it's why most zombie "virus" movies seem so weird when they have the entire earth overrun. I much more prefer when there's something to escape to (like in RE 1, 2, and 3, safety lay outside of Racoon City.)

I don't believe an zombie apocalypse could happen, but could zombies themselves happen? I think so in a certain way. There's an illness in Africa where children are becoming violent, often starting fires, and other things. It's called the nodding disease (Here's a CNN report: http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/19/world/africa/uganda-nodding-disease/index.html) and it's one of the saddest things you'll read about. I don't think it attacks adults, but no one knows what it really is.

So if something similar broke out, I could see where zombies of a type could be created. I don't think it'd ever get to apocalyptic levels, though. At the very worse, I could see a small isolated town being overridden. Any threat like that could be put down quite easily by our military, or probably even a local gun club.
---
Black FC: 0003 3193 6389/ Join the Texas Pokemon FB group in my quote!
Official Luxray of the Black 2 boards.So it's "official."
#9Missable_ItemPosted 12/9/2012 4:46:36 AM
The possibility of a real virus infecting a whole mass of people is unlikely to occur as pechabuster stated.

In real life the governments would shut down and liquidate any company who were putting peoples lives at risk.

Also the military would be far more adept and better equipped than they are in the games.
#10jpv2000Posted 12/9/2012 6:37:43 AM
I had a debate with my 17 year old nephew a few weeks ago about this very subject.

He is convinced that it can and will eventually happen.

I pray for the boy.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)