Sherry is the most broken Mercenaries character.

#31tevin1569Posted 12/9/2012 9:11:30 PM
Candy__Girl posted...
Sherry is quite awesome.

Leon's my man.

I LOVE Ada on zombie maps.

Carla is queen.

Jake has a magnum, so that's helpful at times.

Chris is very slow with his melees but that's not a bad thing if you know how to time out your enemy kills without running out of enemies before the next batch can spawn.

Piers can be all right if you know how to use him. His melee's/counters are weak but his 'racecar' outfit is WAY over powered if you can't get the melee in time and need to keep the bonus going.

I can work with Helena but she's my least favorite...

I always though Ada was better on J'avo maps :p.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#32bradsagiPosted 12/9/2012 10:11:11 PM
tevin1569 posted...
Candy__Girl posted...
Sherry is quite awesome.

Leon's my man.

Carla is queen.

Chris is very slow with his melees but that's not a bad thing if you know how to time out your enemy kills without running out of enemies before the next batch can spawn.

Piers can be all right if you know how to use him. His melee's/counters are weak but his 'racecar' outfit is WAY over powered if you can't get the melee in time and need to keep the bonus going.

Ada is definitely better on J'avo maps.
---
LICK THE CUPCAKE, OH YEAH!!
#33tevin1569Posted 12/9/2012 10:31:17 PM
bradsagi posted...
tevin1569 posted...
Candy__Girl posted...
Sherry is quite awesome.

Leon's my man.

Carla is queen.

Thank you Bradsagi!
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#34Shieru18Posted 12/10/2012 4:09:07 AM
bradsagi posted...
tevin1569 posted...
Candy__Girl posted...
Sherry is quite awesome.

Leon's my man.

Carla is queen.

Explain please.

Jake:
Regular J'avos - Quick shot, H2H - 7secs. (Doesn't take much stamina, really easy)
J'avos with wings - Quick shot - 5secs
Exploding J'avos - Quick Shot - 5secs
J'avos with those insect legs that jumps - Quick shot, stomp - 5secs.
Magnum > Napads. 10 healing tablets. 2 Flash grenades > Hidden bee boss, etc.
#35Candy__GirlPosted 12/10/2012 4:26:53 AM
Jake's actually quite awesome as well. I use him a lot.
#36DanielSpace79Posted 12/10/2012 8:24:58 PM(edited)
Where is DevilJc to come in and sigh and roll his eyes when ya need him. :P

Effectiveness/Broken-ness, etc is really based on Maps and personal play style

For example- Chris is widely accepted of being the best (if not tied) for the Catacombs because his shoulder counter kills both grabbing and punching zombies in one hit. Correct me if I'm wrong (been a long exhausting day and my facts might be screwed up) but I believe with PowerCounter 'sweep' counters (Ada, Carla, Sherry, Leon) typically do OHK's on grab counters- while the melee counters (Helena, Jake, Piers or 2 handed weapons) do OHK's on punch zombies (of the non BSAA or Firemen variety)- Chris's shoulder raise take out both WITHOUT Power Counter freeing one slot for Time Bonus, and the other for Limit Breaker to maximize score in a duo mode.

Additionally- both versions of Chris can effectively use quick shot easily to activate the hidden boss

Unless they were topped (ha!), a Chris duo held the current high score of 1.45m in the catacombs as of a few weeks ago.

But in recognition of the original poster- as well as a nod to ravenscourge who is an epic merc partner, I'll agree that Sherry is pretty flippin great!
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#37DarkkefkaFFXPosted 12/10/2012 8:45:36 PM
I have 2 solo runs on Reqiuem for War. One with both sherrys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh7vuLJuUTI

EX Sherry is probaly the over best because she's easy to use. Jake takes a lot of skill.
---
FFX NSGNZ Dark Aeons (Anima left)
Pokemon D/P Friends Codes: 0216 3888 1669
#38DanielSpace79Posted 12/10/2012 8:55:09 PM
DarkkefkaFFX posted...
I have 2 solo runs on Reqiuem for War. One with both sherrys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh7vuLJuUTI

EX Sherry is probaly the over best because she's easy to use. Jake takes a lot of skill.

Nice runs man :) good work- I'm still learning that map.

I'd have to disagree- I find Jake to be one of the easiest to use- the 909 is a solid handgun and his magnum is one of the best Combo savers there are. His attack animations are quick and he has substantial health from the outset- perhaps his h2h is a bit to learn- I do remember I had a little difficulty w that at the outset.

Ironically I recognize Sherry2 has one of the best load outs in the game but she's the only character I haven't been able to break 1m with on most maps
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#39ChariceChanPosted 12/10/2012 10:25:42 PM
Jake & Chris are the best mercenaries characters, IMO

Like what DanielSpace said, Chris doesn't need Power Counter at all. Just switch to his Magnum. Jake is really easy to use and have good melee's and counters. He's great on both J'avo and zombie maps. His hand to hand owns and you easily get CDC without wasting much stamina. Free 5 secs on exploding j'avos and flying j'avos. I think Sherry is good but not the best, she's still lacking something.