Ok I don't know a lot about Resident Evil *spoilers for RE5*

#11tevin1569Posted 12/10/2012 12:09:01 AM
tevin1569 posted...
Animesetsuna posted...
Blame Capcom for making awesome Wesker for Wesker fans. They can't really face the truth even now.

I use to like Wesker but I'm slowly starting to dislike him and I slowly starting to want to stab SOMEone.

---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#12zombiabsolPosted 12/10/2012 12:14:17 AM
this topic needs to stahp.
Just like deborah.
---
The more things change, the more they stay the same
#13Delta0126Posted 12/10/2012 12:24:02 AM(edited)
Philosopher Stone...yeah sure why not....I think someone watches just a bit too much FMA.....Uroboros is not some all powerful stone that can turn lead into gold and can possibly grant the user immortality, sure the rejects do get some regenerative skills, but you seem to forget the major weakness of Uroboros: Fire. Cooking a reject in a giant oven? Dead. Using a Flamethower on a reject? Causes it to scrunch into a ball and ceases to regenerate and eventually Dead. And what did Wesker fall into? A big freaking lake of fire.

I cannot begin to even understand why you would use an example like the Philosopher Stone to a virus that can be beaten by fire that barely has much of regenerative powers. That's like saying "Oh, hey the Regenerators can well regenerate, they must have a Philosopher Stone inside of them or has to be at least be connected to them!"

And like someone mentioned before Wesker was weakened earlier by being given a double dose of his own personal virus and the whole merging with Uroboros was basically a last resort move, sure he could control it, but his abilities were drastically weakened, he moved slow, all his attacks were freaking slow, except for his 'wild whipping at the ground rapidly' move and even then he moved slow as all hell, PLUS he had freaking glowing weak points (which would hurt even more in a lake of FIRE) so I wouldn't exactly say he was a 'fully realized form' more like just a slightly better version of the rejects.
---
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."
#14zombiabsolPosted 12/10/2012 12:18:00 AM
Delta0126 posted...
Philosopher Stone...yeah sure why not....I think someone watches just a bit too much FMA.....Uroboros is not some all powerful stone that can turn lead into gold and can possibly grant the user immortality, sure the rejects do get some regenerative skills, but you seem to forget the major weakness of Uroboros: Fire. Cooking a reject in a giant oven? Dead. Using a Flamethower on a reject? Causes it to scrunch into a ball and ceases to regenerate and eventually Dead. And what did Wesker fall into? A big freaking lake of fire.

I cannot begin to even understand why you would use an example like the Philosopher Stone to a virus that can be beaten by fire that barely has much of regenerative powers. That's like saying "Oh, hey the Regenerators can well regenerate, they must have a Philosopher Stone inside of them or has to be at least be connected to them!"

headline for a new wesker topic:
"OMG guyz, I kno why wheskeR looks like thee regenerATors!!!!?111//"
---
The more things change, the more they stay the same
#15TruePowerSeeker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 12:24:32 AM
Delta0126 posted...

In the game they call it a philosopher stone. The legend of the stone says that any who consume it becomes immortal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d9ivTOz6SEM#t=3067s
---
http://tinyurl.com/abm7qr6
#16Neutron15Posted 12/10/2012 12:27:39 AM
Wesker is Greed
Chris is Wrath
Jill is Lust
Leon is Pride
Ada is Envy
Jessica is Gluttony
???? is Sloth
---
There is no method in this madness! Now who would want that, Who benefits from your madness? Make your survival mean something!
#17Delta0126Posted 12/10/2012 12:46:15 AM(edited)
TruePowerSeeker posted...
Delta0126 posted...
Philosopher Stone...yeah sure why not....I think someone watches just a bit too much FMA.....Uroboros is not some all powerful stone that can turn lead into gold and can possibly grant the user immortality, sure the rejects do get some regenerative skills, ceases to regenerate and eventually Dead. And what did Wesker fall into? A big freaking lake of fire.

but you seem to forget the major weakness of Uroboros: Fire. Cooking a reject in a giant oven? Dead. Using a Flamethower on a reject? Causes it to scrunch into a ball and

In the game they call it a philosopher stone. The legend of the stone says that any who consume it becomes immortal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d9ivTOz6SEM#t=3067s

Alright, I apologize for the whole not understanding the use as I haven't played RE5 in awhile, however I still stand by what I typed especially the last part I added....and I'm pretty sure that Excella was speaking figuratively, being dramatic and making Uroboros into something it's not.

And again, Uroboros' weakness is FIRE. Uroboros has regenerative abilites sure, however that's all thrown out the window when you remember that you can just burn it to death.

Speaking of figuratively, the whole 'consume and become immortal', Uroboros is literally consumed (or rather forced into someone's mouth), so in a way I guess she is speaking literally, but I'm still going with her being dramatic, I mean she's the head of Tri-Cell and she wants to be Wesker's Queen, so I'm pretty sure she's going to be dramatic as possible and blow up everything unnecessarily.
---
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."
#18TruePowerSeeker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 12:46:16 AM
Delta0126 posted...
Alright, I apologize for the whole not understanding the use as I haven't played RE5 in awhile, however I still stand by what I typed especially the last part I added....and I'm pretty sure that Excella was speaking figuratively, being dramatic and making Uroboros into something it's not.

And again, Uroboros' weakness is FIRE. Uroboros has regenerative abilites sure, however that's all thrown out the window when you remember that you can just burn it to death.

That really sucks considering the only reason I played 5 was because I heard there was an enemy with a philosopher stone in it and wanted to see how they executed it. I liked the character and the way they had his movement work when you fire at him.

Then at the end they just turned him into a slow Alex mercer with only one blade arm form. Then he gets put into a volcano which for a philosopher stone wouldn't be an issue. However I really didn't think about it being used in a metaphorical sense. Considering the Ouroboros is seen as a symbol of eternal life.

However the game was rather fun even with the clunky shooting and some of the other fiddly stuff. I might eventually grab this one but from what I have heard this one has Wesker's son and I am personally hoping for a game with Wesker's son vs Wesker in a super human brawl as long of neither of them try to use the black light virus again.
---
http://tinyurl.com/abm7qr6
#19Delta0126Posted 12/10/2012 12:57:23 AM(edited)
Since you seem new and all....this is Resident Evil, they use viruses and crap to make monsters, from a story line stand point of course they're going to blow everything out of proportion so they can make their new fancy schmancy B.O.W. seem all that and a bag of chips, when all it is is just a more advanced monster sometimes with shiny glowing weak points or a big gigantic exposed heart, they pretty much do it in every game.

And like mentioned earlier there's a reason for Wesker being slow as all hell and the giant tentacle arm. Wesker was weakened by being given a double dose of his own personal virus and merging with Uroboros was his last resort move since his body was basically going nuts, possibly even shutting down because of being given an overdose of his personal virus and because of that his body was probably adapting as best it could despite that it was probably shutting down because of the double overdose.
---