wanting this game

#11desi_shinobiPosted 12/10/2012 10:47:52 AM
I have played through campaign mode countless times. That's where the replay value lies for me.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#12heartlessoutlaw(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 10:52:56 AM
Is the game more action or does it kinda give a good bit of horror?
#13Tbar67Posted 12/10/2012 10:54:34 AM
DarkchocolateX posted...
Aaron_G posted...
If you enjoy Mercs, you'll get a LOT of replay value out of this. And even if there isn't any replay value after the campaign, it shouldn't be too much of an issue considering the campaign in this game is VERY long. At least twice as long as RE5's campaign.

But also twice less fun to replay again. Almost everything and every boss is scripted to the point of boringness.

The same can be said of all the other RE's (most other games for that matter) except maybe 3, but even then, the events are still scripted by you going or choosing a certain path. Different characters with different perspectives makes it somewhat different, kind of like how the first RE was with playing as either Chris or Jill. RE5's were just as scripted as this game, so I don't see what point you are trying to make other than you didn't enjoy the game yourself which is fine, but don't go acting like that is some huge flaw in this game compared to the last game.
---
"Solomon Grundy, born on a Monday!"
#14desi_shinobiPosted 12/10/2012 10:54:52 AM
heartlessoutlaw posted...
Is the game more action or does it kinda give a good bit of horror?

Its all action.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#15desi_shinobiPosted 12/10/2012 10:57:41 AM
Tbar67 posted...
DarkchocolateX posted...
Aaron_G posted...
If you enjoy Mercs, you'll get a LOT of replay value out of this. And even if there isn't any replay value after the campaign, it shouldn't be too much of an issue considering the campaign in this game is VERY long. At least twice as long as RE5's campaign.

But also twice less fun to replay again. Almost everything and every boss is scripted to the point of boringness.

The same can be said of all the other RE's (most other games for that matter) except maybe 3, but even then, the events are still scripted by you going or choosing a certain path. Different characters with different perspectives makes it somewhat different, kind of like how the first RE was with playing as either Chris or Jill. RE5's were just as scripted as this game, so I don't see what point you are trying to make other than you didn't enjoy the game yourself which is fine, but don't go acting like that is some huge flaw in this game compared to the last game.

That's an extremely good point. The only way to mix up combat in RE0-5 was to change your weapon. RE6 may be scripted too but they added a level of versatility with it too, there were several ways to take out Ogroman.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#16Tbar67Posted 12/10/2012 11:18:50 AM
desi_shinobi posted...
Tbar67 posted...
DarkchocolateX posted...
Aaron_G posted...

That's an extremely good point. The only way to mix up combat in RE0-5 was to change your weapon. RE6 may be scripted too but they added a level of versatility with it too, there were several ways to take out Ogroman.

To piggy back on that aswell, think about how boring most of the boss fights were in the older games. In RE2, the G offpsring was just point gun and shoot repeatedly until dead, Alligator was run back and drop tank just to shoot it once to kill it, William's fights were just run as far away as you can just keep shooting until he gets close to you. The list goes on because most of them were just that when it came to boss fights in the older games.

I'm not trying to say that RE6 is perfect by any means, but it seems like the previous games can do know wrong and yet I see complaints about this game is either similar to them or improved. People complaining about Simmons and his many forms, or him taking forever to finally finish off. I've been saying it since the game first came out that he is just another William Birkin, except less boring in terms of actual boss fights. His last fight was him as a giant blob that slowly dragged itself toward you while all you have to do is pound a few magnum rounds in him to beat him while Simmons at least had some puzzle solving in his fight towards the end. I'm not trying to bash 2 because I still love and play it just like many others do, but some people seem to be nitpicking this game for no good reason.
---
"Solomon Grundy, born on a Monday!"