Enough about Endings. The 3 main intros bother me... (Spoilers)

#1Xean_LiteheartPosted 12/11/2012 1:20:26 PM
As in, "They seem incomplete" bothers me.

I'll start off with Leon's: A simple "cutoff".

-How the heck did this whole Gone to Hell thing happen? (Sure, "Woman of beauties".)
-Maybe a little bit of the "During the day, before the speech" scene to smoothen the story a bit?

Because I personally think starting off with Leon shooting the president off the bat is just "WTF happened that leads here?"

Chris' intro would've been nice if there was an "After the Bar" scene---a little bit in the BSAA HQ, maybe, before dropping us off right into China.

-Piers mentioned training. Would be boring to make into a scene; maybe a target practice scene?
-Mission briefing.

Jake's intro I'd say suffers the same problem as Leon's: "What happened before all this?"

-The mercenaries get their shots just like that? What's Ada doing in Edonia in the first place...?
-Where did Sherry come from, before running to Jake? A little "Mystery Man's Mission to Sherry" woulda been nice.

PS: Sorry this dragged on.
#2longstorm555Posted 12/11/2012 2:06:03 PM
Xean_Liteheart posted...

-How the heck did this whole Gone to Hell thing happen? (Sure, "Woman of beauties".)
-Maybe a little bit of the "During the day, before the speech" scene to smoothen the story a bit?

Because I personally think starting off with Leon shooting the president off the bat is just "WTF happened that leads here?"

Chris' intro would've been nice if there was an "After the Bar" scene---a little bit in the BSAA HQ, maybe, before dropping us off right into China.

-Piers mentioned training. Would be boring to make into a scene; maybe a target practice scene?
-Mission briefing.

Jake's intro I'd say suffers the same problem as Leon's: "What happened before all this?"

-The mercenaries get their shots just like that? What's Ada doing in Edonia in the first place...?
-Where did Sherry come from, before running to Jake? A little "Mystery Man's Mission to Sherry" woulda been nice.

the first thing we get in leon's intro are flashbacks that cut back and forth to leon pointing his gun at the president and then back to talking to him just a couple of hours BEFORE his intro.

that monster leaked the gas, the protagonists said so themselves.

why would they have an after bar scene? it'd take up time, it'd be a pointless cutscene. the bsaa found him, got him and took him back to the battlefield.

it's not hard to figure out what was happening before jake's intro. they were in the middle of a civil war.

the mercenaries don't get their shots like that, carla gave it to them, promising to be an energy booster. she was sent to edonia to test the c-virus on subjects, that's how the civil war turned into a b.o.w war and the bsaa were sent.

sherry was under training, jake was her first mission. before that she under house arrest, with derek c simmons as her legal guardian, and claire and leon as her 'parents', although most of the time only claire could visit her.

are you sure you finished the game?
#3longstorm555Posted 12/11/2012 2:07:29 PM
---and a target practice mission?

i know it didn't feel like the other, but it's still a re game, not call of duty like many claim it to be.
#4Diablo56789Posted 12/11/2012 3:12:47 PM
longstorm555 posted...
Xean_Liteheart posted...

-Mission briefing.

the first thing we get in leon's intro are flashbacks that cut back and forth to leon pointing his gun at the president and then back to talking to him just a couple of hours BEFORE his intro.

that monster leaked the gas, the protagonists said so themselves.

why would they have an after bar scene? it'd take up time, it'd be a pointless cutscene. the bsaa found him, got him and took him back to the battlefield.

it's not hard to figure out what was happening before jake's intro. they were in the middle of a civil war.

the mercenaries don't get their shots like that, carla gave it to them, promising to be an energy booster. she was sent to edonia to test the c-virus on subjects, that's how the civil war turned into a b.o.w war and the bsaa were sent.

sherry was under training, jake was her first mission. before that she under house arrest, with derek c simmons as her legal guardian, and claire and leon as her 'parents', although most of the time only claire could visit her.

are you sure you finished the game?

Seems like everything has been said
---
Sometimes I like to kneel down. Put my arms around my knee's and lean foward. Why? Cause that's how I roll
S.T.A.R.S. Member: Nemesis STAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRSSSS
#5RekoisCoolPosted 12/11/2012 4:42:51 PM
This is what's wrong with the younger generation. You can't think for yourselves and use your imagination to put things together. Jake's and Chris intro are just fine, and Leon's intro is cleared up later in the game. Also, somebody already answered the "unanswered" questions you had. Did you complete the game yet? It sounds like you haven't.
#6cheese785Posted 12/11/2012 5:22:45 PM
RekoisCool posted...
This is what's wrong with the younger generation. You can't think for yourselves and use your imagination to put things together. Jake's and Chris intro are just fine, and Leon's intro is cleared up later in the game. Also, somebody already answered the "unanswered" questions you had. Did you complete the game yet? It sounds like you haven't.

I'd assume he didn't seeing as he stated that "Ada" gave the mercenaries the C-Virus instead of Carla.
---
\m/
#7SamA7XPosted 12/11/2012 7:01:02 PM
This game is like the oppisite of Mass Effect 3, instead of the endings being terrible its the intro's that are terrible, they don't explain enough they just seem very rushed.
---
PSN: VII_foREVer_VII
(the "I" in "VII" is a capital "i" not a undercase "L")
#8xESRPosted 12/11/2012 9:26:35 PM
RE6 cutscenes were quite rushed and straight to the point. The story would be more pleasing If capcom spent some time on them, which would also give more room to develop the antagonists better. I mean, simmons got 2~3 SHORT scenes and then he became the final boss, he felt very lacking, specially compared to RE0 final boss (forgot his name and Saddler, they were developed in only 1 game (unlike Wesker) but in a much better way than RE6 villans.
#9_Mad_Hatter_Posted 12/11/2012 9:56:47 PM
Find the emblems, then read the files. Like all Resident Evils before this one, a good chunk of the story and character backgrounds are found within the files.

Yes, yes, I know. Many probably don't like reading, and will blurt out the "show don't tell" motto. But the thing is, the story has always been told in text. Where the current events have always been straight to the point and told using voice and cutscene. So if you are gun-ho with the "show don't tell" philosophy you choose the wrong game series to be gun-ho about it.
---
Would You Kindly.
#10cuttin_in_townPosted 12/11/2012 9:59:32 PM
^Usually the files are in-game.

For RE6, you have to "unlock" them for some stupid reason.
---
Humans are idiots until proven intelligent.
ATTN Grammar Nazis: http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t469/kurotem/4c5fc1a3.gif