Seems like a worthy sequel to Contra Hard Corps *Spoilers*

#1VicarisPosted 12/14/2012 3:31:27 AM
and I don't mean this in a negative way. I'm at chapter 3 with all characters and so far it reminds me a ton of Hard Corps. Everything explodes and explosive things are everywhere.

The game keeps going from one crazy level, throwing new gimmicky bosses at me constantly. Complete disregard with logic and no attempts made to explain what happens in the game. Like the boss of Leon's chapter 3.

You fall a huge underwater tunnel, after having trekked 1km down the church, and this tunnel leads to a lake, yet there are explosive barrels going UP the vertical tunnel. When you're done falling you're somehow at the surface of the lake.

Anyway, it is lots of fun. Don't spoil me to anything after chapter 3.
#2Vohn_ExelPosted 12/14/2012 4:35:46 AM
The water with the shark is from a pool above, somehow it all crashes down and you're swept away. The barrels aren't going up, they're just not moving as fast as you are. They're still going down. The lake is in the caverns beneath the lab.
---
Black FC: 0003 3193 6389/
I have nothing witty to put here
#3Vicaris(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 4:41:38 AM
Still crazy. The barrels are free falling but somehow a lot slower than the characters who are sliding down and god only knows where they came from.
#4Vohn_ExelPosted 12/14/2012 6:18:45 AM
Vicaris posted...
Still crazy. The barrels are free falling but somehow a lot slower than the characters who are sliding down and god only knows where they came from.

The tunnel wasn't finished, and the flooding was obviously not part of the plan. They were in an old mining shaft and those barrels could've been used for anything. Powering generators to run the equipment, or just stored in a place that got taken out by the sudden flood. It IS physically possible for someone both falling and being pushed by water to fall faster than other things falling with them.
---
#5kanto_wandererPosted 12/14/2012 6:54:27 AM
Gravity does not exist. It is strictly in your mind.
#6Vohn_ExelPosted 12/14/2012 7:20:51 AM
kanto_wanderer posted...
Gravity does not exist. It is strictly in your mind.

Always with you what cannot be done.
---
#7Vicaris(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 8:17:58 AM(edited)
Vicaris posted...

The tunnel wasn't finished, and the flooding was obviously not part of the plan. They were in an old mining shaft and those barrels could've been used for anything. Powering generators to run the equipment, or just stored in a place that got taken out by the sudden flood. It IS physically possible for someone both falling and being pushed by water to fall faster than other things falling with them.

It isn't, if they're sliding down there's friction and it isn't like they're being flushed. The characters are absurdly dragged by the monster underwater for a huge stretch and somehow end up in a tunnel that rains explosive barrels. They spent chapter 2 and 3 going down, they should've been at the core of the planet but ended up somewhere in the lake deep enough they could swim back up.

Look, the game is fun, it is all that matters. It doesn't have to be flawless. I'd say this isn't even a flaw. The entire game is unapologetic absurd. Characters get hit by explosions and fall from deadly heights and keep walking. I'm okay with that.
#8Vohn_ExelPosted 12/14/2012 9:23:25 AM
Vicaris posted...
Vicaris posted...

It isn't, if they're sliding down there's friction and it isn't like they're being flushed. The characters are absurdly dragged by the monster underwater for a huge stretch and somehow end up in a tunnel that rains explosive barrels. They spent chapter 2 and 3 going down, they should've been at the core of the planet but ended up somewhere in the lake deep enough they could swim back up.

Look, the game is fun, it is all that matters. It doesn't have to be flawless. I'd say this isn't even a flaw. The entire game is unapologetic absurd. Characters get hit by explosions and fall from deadly heights and keep walking. I'm okay with that.

Actually if you notice they are actually being flushed, not just falling. The water is flushing them down that hole, lol. Anyway, they're not just moving down, they're moving "out," in a sense. If you notice when they come out of the cave they're far away from Tall Oaks and the city is much higher than they are. They went down through a mountain, not just down into a huge pit.

As for the time they held their breath to the explosions not hurting things, thats practically any video game unless it's trying to be a realistic shooter. Not to mention that there are giant creatures walking around destroying buildings. Having people walk away after being in a huge explosion isn't that much of a stretch at this point. It's no more absurd than just about any other videogame out right now.
---
#9Vicaris(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 11:29:24 AM(edited)
The water is falling with them, flushing would mean some kind of pressure pushing them down but the hole is really way too broad for the water to be doing anything other than falling. Also, if any flushing was happening the pressure would push the barrels down too.

RE6 pushes the envelope hard, characters get hit in the cutscenes by rocket launchers, like, almost in their faces, then they fall some 10 meters, get up and start shooting. Helena had her leg chewed by a giant shark while being pulled some 50 meters under the water extremely fast, the pressure change alone would have blown her eardrums, possibly killed her.

The game is significantly more absurd than most games out there, it is Devil May Cry levels of insanity. RE series has been on the crazy path since RE4. It is over the top and it is fun. But whatever, I suppose this is to be expected in the game's boards, people will feel like they have to defend the game.
#10Vohn_ExelPosted 12/14/2012 11:55:26 PM
Vicaris posted...
The water is falling with them, flushing would mean some kind of pressure pushing them down but the hole is really way too broad for the water to be doing anything other than falling. Also, if any flushing was happening the pressure would push the barrels down too.

RE6 pushes the envelope hard, characters get hit in the cutscenes by rocket launchers, like, almost in their faces, then they fall some 10 meters, get up and start shooting. Helena had her leg chewed by a giant shark while being pulled some 50 meters under the water extremely fast, the pressure change alone would have blown her eardrums, possibly killed her.

The game is significantly more absurd than most games out there, it is Devil May Cry levels of insanity. RE series has been on the crazy path since RE4. It is over the top and it is fun. But whatever, I suppose this is to be expected in the game's boards, people will feel like they have to defend the game.

Oh don't get me wrong, the game is fun, I love it. And I've already admitted that there are crazy things that you have to suspend your disbelief for, but no more than any other game. Look at the stuff that happens in Uncharted, and yet Nathan Drake is just fine. Devil May Cry has a reason for it's insanity on a different note, considering Dante is half human. However, the game is no different in it's "crazyness" than any other game.

I'm not defending the game, because you aren't attacking it. You're stating you're opinion that the game is crazy. I'm stating my opinion that the game is no more crazy than any other TPS. It's not hyper realistic like COD, I mean you eat herbs to heal any wound. However, neither is it off the wall insanity. The barrels have many reasons to be there, it just doesn't tell you how they got there. Use your imagination and the clues the game gives to see whats going on.
---