IGN: Resident Evil 6 Sales Disappointing

#1ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 12/19/2012 10:10:41 AM
Basically it says that despite having strong initial sales, these quickly weakened and it now seems it will sale below the target of 6 million copies, which was a revised goal from the original of 7 million copies.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/19/resi-6-sales-disappointing-monster-hunter-4-delayed
#2Project-CanaanPosted 12/19/2012 10:22:20 AM
5,000,000+ copies sold sounds decent to me. o.o A lot of people were probably turned off by the reviews though. x) I did read a lot of people say they were canceling their pre-order/not buying or etc.
#3xXxAgentAdaxXxPosted 12/19/2012 10:28:25 AM
I'd be lying if I said that didn't make sad a bit. I'm afraid Capcom will take this as a way that the only reason for a game to be successful is to slap Wesker into it. Which means further bullcrap about cloning..

Anyways, I'm also surprised that a game featuring Leon... Failed. (to a degree)
---
Formerly known as xXxAdaxXx.
#4desi_shinobiPosted 12/19/2012 10:29:46 AM
Its the sheer power of reviews and Metacritic which can easily make any game lose potiental sales in an instance. But selling over 5million copies is decent through my eyes anyway.

RE6 is extremely cheap now.. So who knows..
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#5desi_shinobiPosted 12/19/2012 10:32:47 AM
xXxAgentAdaxXx posted...
I'd be lying if I said that didn't make sad a bit. I'm afraid Capcom will take this as a way that the only reason for a game to be successful is to slap Wesker into it. Which means further bullcrap about cloning..

How the hell does this anything to do with Albert Wesker? You don't hear any reviews complaining about the lack of Albert Wesker. It was frowned upon for becoming an Action Horror game and "abandoning its roots". Several of the reviews were pretty biased about RE6 when it was an overly decent game.

This game didn't lose sales because of Albert Wesker, you are typing nonsense.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#6longstorm555Posted 12/19/2012 10:36:48 AM
xXxAgentAdaxXx posted...

don't worry. the problem they had wasn't so much the storyline but the the three different themes mixed up in a single game. capcom wanted to please everyone but you can't actually do that. then the qtes and zoomed in camera.

reviewers actually liked the addition of jake (with a few exceptions of course). all the gaming maganizes here on my country that talked about re6 praised jake and chris' storyline. they also praised leon's horro camapaign, but they had a huge problem with how his last two chapters were redundant. they loved ada's scenario as well.

so even if the plot is silly and the reviewers acknowledge it, that was not the problem. the problem was the game itself, how rushed it was, how out of place it felt. besides, reviewers and capcom have stated time and again that bringing back wesker would be a terrible idea, capcom themselves confirmed they'd planned to bring him back but chose to leave him dead and add jake instead.
#7desi_shinobiPosted 12/19/2012 10:43:52 AM
I'm probably one of the few people out there that thought this game was a solid title, I thought all 4 campaigns were done splendidly and not to mention the game is dense with content.

I do hate repeating ch1 of Leons walking segment and with Jake on chapter 2 when your running away from the Ustanak and you slide through that gap and the camera is stuck on the wall, and you wouldn't know there was a ladder if it wasn't for the indicator saying there was a ladder.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#8ZGMF_600_Guaiz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 10:44:36 AM
The entire "Wesker's return" might not be a so far fetched idea after all:

"Capcom had originally targeted 7 million sales for Resident Evil 6, and based on its predecessorís sales of 6 million, that seemed possible."

"Considering Resident Evil 5 manged to sell 6 million on a much lower install base,"

http://www.gamechup.com/resident-evil-6-sales-causes-capcom-to-lower-its-earnings-for-the-current-fy/
#9MakoChanXPosted 12/19/2012 10:44:42 AM
Even Leon and Ada couldn't save RE6. The game is decent at best. Very disappointed.

Capcom now need to do some serious thinking to decide the fate of this franchise, and not just crap out a new game every 3 years like they are planning on doing. The quality is just gonna plummet.

*sigh* :(
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdnau3FARq1rkuymjo8_250.gif
#10SSJ_JinPosted 12/19/2012 10:46:06 AM
Didn't RE5 sale 7 or 8 million over 3 years? And RE6 is already at 5+mil? Maybe I'm missing something here. There's plenty of time to reach the 7 mil mark. Unless they had a set date for that mark.

I hope they don't go stupid and say, "well since this 'didn't sale,' we don't need to work on it anymore/DLC."
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/