help with the counter

#1kakarotozeroPosted 12/21/2012 4:35:37 AM
I suck with this move, I always push R1 to early

you need to press the button when you see the flash or when R1 appears of the screen, also you need to stay in some distance or that dont matter

in some videos in youtube that looks so easy,

also you can counter any enemy of the game ?
---
PSN account - JOSERICOSUAVE21
#2HelloNelPosted 12/21/2012 5:12:14 AM
It's all about timing, really. It'll be a lot more harder if you just wait for the R1 thing to flash. You'll get it right eventually, just practice some more. I recommend practicing in Mining the Depths, the "hug" attack that the zombies make there are really easy to counter.
#3Delta0126Posted 12/21/2012 5:15:09 AM
I was the same way when the game first came out. When I first saw them showing off the counter mechanic before the game came out in the Capcom Unity livestream I instantly knew I would like it and it looked so easy to do, but when the demo came around I found it being a little difficult in doing.

One of the tricks that helped me and that I still use today is to not look for the prompt at all, look at the enemy itself, specifically their face for zombies. For zombies they usually make an angry face before attacking and that should alert you that you should be pressing R1 or square in a few seconds and depending on what attack they do you should press R1 or square right before it hits. Seems simple on paper, but it takes some getting used to. There's two counters I can think of that are slightly difficult to time which are when the zombie swings it's arms and when the fireman zombie brings down the nitrogen tank. For the swinging arms I just wait until the arm that's about to hit me is half way and press R1 and I usually counter it. For the Fireman zombie you have to instantly press it as soon as he makes a motion after he brings the nitrogen tank over it's head as he will do it fast.

Bloodshots are definitely my favorite to counter and the most easiest in my opinion. When they go into their crouching motion they make a motion with their body three times and on the third time they jump and the prompt seems more forgiving with them as it seems to always appear way before they can usually hit you. As for their uppercut it's beginning to be my favorite as well, though it's somewhat hard to time in the beginning. Basically when he brings his arm down count to about two, then press R1, it's really great to do if you miss countering his leap as countering his uppercut instantly sets him up for a Coup de Grace.

I haven't tried, but I heard you can counter Whoopers.

I'm pretty sure you can't counter Chrysalids, the lizard things.

The Gnzedo (probably butchered the spelling), the person made of bees with the bee queen, I'm not sure but I don't think so either.

Napads you can counter, however they're a little hard to time and I think only their charge is counter-able, but I'm not sure never really tried to go up close to them. The counters also vary depending if you're playing a male or female, for a male they stop the Napad and kick them in the face instantly breaking off the front armor while the females will just leap over them, but will allow them to be behind them with the Napad unaware for a moment allowing them to either shoot at the weak spot if it's armor is off or try to shoot off the armor.

As for J'avo I can't really help there, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to time them in countering, but they seem way too unpredictable with the machetes, while two of their transformations are somewhat doable. Not sure about the others but a J'avo with the giant claw arm (I totally forgot it's name) can be countered, however is somewhat hard to time, though it's an instant kill if you do so, same for when the J'avo transforms into a giant mouth with orange inside it, it's when it's charging you, but it's a pretty risky counter as it can do high damage to you if you miss it.

Hopefully this helps you and someone with better experience with J'avo can help you out with their counters....also sorry for the wall o' text, lol....
---
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."
#4kakarotozero(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2012 5:49:52 AM
thanks for the help,
---
PSN account - JOSERICOSUAVE21
#5El_ZarPosted 12/21/2012 5:58:21 AM
For J'avos and zombies, wait until they start swinging their weapon at you or flailing their arms. Don't rely on the prompt. I'm still not sure on the timing for the noga-let j'avos and the guys with stretchy caterpillar arms, but everyone should try those because they look awesome.
---
That man is a head taller than me. That may change.
#6Delta0126Posted 12/21/2012 6:02:27 AM
You can counter the stretchy arm J'avos? Huh, and yeah Noga-let or something like that, that's what they're called, been trying to counter them, but they seem even faster than the fireman zombies with the nitrogen tanks.
---
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."
#7ChariceChanPosted 12/21/2012 6:04:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8El_ZarPosted 12/21/2012 6:21:27 AM
Delta0126 posted...
You can counter the stretchy arm J'avos? .

Yes, you take them down with a spinning arm drag. Looks pretty cool. The grasshopper counter is awesome too.
---
That man is a head taller than me. That may change.
#9HeatherloverPosted 12/21/2012 6:37:24 AM
kakarotozero posted...
I suck with this move, I always push R1 to early

you need to press the button when you see the flash or when R1 appears of the screen, also you need to stay in some distance or that dont matter

in some videos in youtube that looks so easy,

also you can counter any enemy of the game ?

use the Aim technique where you press and hold L1 aim then when the enemy about to attack release L1 then R1 to counter I was able to counter those them dogs with it.
---
PSN: Zero4ph - PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 120gb (500gb) PH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6hHWMXddWY&feature=related - Rebuild of Evangelion
#10GodsJudgementPosted 12/22/2012 3:08:33 PM
You can counter Lepo (C-virus monster), Rasklapejne (regeneradors), and all the nogas (feet mutations), and glava-begenut (crazy running around insect head) too. Also normal J'avos have three you can counter, when they hit with the butt of a gun, a normal sword/machete slice, or their slice dance where you twist their arm behind their back and stab their machete through them.