Dear "Time Bonus +" What is the point of you?

#1Matty0289Posted 12/22/2012 10:52:16 AM
Although we've just become recent friends, I'm afraid our friendship has to end. After I realized how viable a friend you could be, I decided to give you a chance..
But because all the Random people, even in "High Score Hijinx" games, prefer the benefits your "Time Crystals" have to offer without the Bonus Addition, our relationship is slowly fading away. =-(

Seriously though. Why is Time Bonus + even a skill? Everytime I Host (3/4th always) a game of Mercs, no matter what the stage or "objective" people always hit Time Crystals. If someone else is using "Time Bonus +", I go around collect necessary items, and start a combo in a good spot-while my partner collects Time Crystals and combos as necessary. If I see one, I just bypass it without glancing a second time.

But when someone joins my game using Limit Breaker, Power Counter, or Combo Bonus +, I switch to Time Bonus +. Why? This is what happens. THEY hit any Time Crystals they see. Even if I say "Wait Wait Wait", and Reset the round, they do it again. I send them a PM saying "I get time, u kill". They still hit the Time Crystals.

What the hell people, I mean really? Surely it's not that difficult to understand NOT to hit them if your ally gets more of a benefit from it?

Anyone else have anything to say about this? :-l
---
Starcraft 2 Character Name- Aqua / Code-140 Playstation3 PSN: Matty0289
Nintendo 3DS "Friend Code"-----> 4596-9586-8808
#2Shieru18Posted 12/22/2012 10:57:29 AM
Matty0289 posted...
Seriously though. Why is Time Bonus + even a skill?

There is solo mode you know.
#3Matty0289(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 11:01:36 AM
I don't like playing Mercs by myself. I know I wasn't good at RE5 Solo Mercs, and I haven't played RE6 Solo seriously.

Besides, it's always more fun playing with someone else, IMO.
Just annoying how some people are so.. Unique..
---
#4skermacPosted 12/22/2012 11:11:35 AM
Matty0289 posted...
I don't like playing Mercs by myself. I know I wasn't good at RE5 Solo Mercs, and I haven't played RE6 Solo seriously.

Solo in RE6 mercs totally sucks for me. I have not got a 150 combo on solo on any stage with any character. But I can with a partner. I usually use quick shot extra damage.
#5redroses_4lifePosted 12/22/2012 11:18:17 AM
Aww gee, like you ever run out of time in Mercs.
---
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#6AlbertWesker999Posted 12/22/2012 11:27:12 AM
I think that people don't realize that you get a bonus for extra time left. All they are seeing is 10 extra seconds. That or people don't give a damn.
---
PSN: AlbertWeskerCEO
#7Heat_Phins_FanPosted 12/22/2012 11:30:56 AM
Some could be afraid of dropping the combo, some don't notice and the rest are just plain dumb
---
PSN: MV3_HeatFan
#8DanielSpace79Posted 12/22/2012 11:49:56 AM
Matty0289 posted...

Haha it drives me nuts too - I'm like "Wait!" "Wait!" "Wait!" sigh *gives up and changes skill when match is over"
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#9Matty0289(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 12:06:59 PM
DanielSpace79 posted...
Matty0289 posted...

Haha it drives me nuts too - I'm like "Wait!" "Wait!" "Wait!" sigh *gives up and changes skill when match is over"

Added you to PSN earlier today. I'm heading out to a friends house now though, so I won't be on for about 3 days or so.
---
#10xsniper90xPosted 12/22/2012 12:28:49 PM
some play solo.

also, skills sometimes are not that much of a big deal if you play duo. i always go for arm or head shots, then instant kill the enemies. regardless of skill, this play style never gets affected by it. you can still hit over 1million if you have a 150 combo going.

if it really gets your panties in a twist, then dont bother with it. you are only causing stress for yourself, not the partner player.
---
TO ALL MODS ON GAMEFAQS!! QUIT THIS STUPID CRAP ABOUT ME FLAMING OR CENSOR BYPASSING. ITS GETTING OLD
psn: hitman555z