What are your opinion's of Jake? (Spoilers)

#1Nathbuds123Posted 12/23/2012 11:43:37 AM
I hear a lot of people not like Jake cause he's "too similar to RE4 Leon" or something like that. In my opinion I think Jake is awesome. Not as awesome as say Devil May Cry 1-4 Dante, but still awesome. The thing is that I like the new direction of the series. After playing all the main games in the franchise I liked 2, 4, 5, Revelations, and 6 the most because they had some action in it. I love 0, REmake, 3, and CVX but after replaying them I find them a little boring after a while and the only game I found scary was REmake (That music is creepy as heck). With characters like Jake and more action I find it more enjoyable as an overall experience. I understand that people like the classic RE style and I respect their opinions. With today I just like seeing someone do awesome things becauses its entertaining. On another note Troy Baker is awesome as Jake.
#2edward18Posted 12/23/2012 11:44:27 AM
Dante has always been annoying to me.

Jake's an okay character, but what he can do is rediculous.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3KonaseRitsukoPosted 12/23/2012 11:44:29 AM
Too much wannabe badass leaking from that guy despite being new. Really annoying.
---
Just f*** my 2007 username.
Extra PSN: GIZOUGHTE
#4xESRPosted 12/23/2012 11:46:09 AM
I have to agree with ya, old Resident Evils, while fun, have little replay value, they get boring amazingly fast.

Hated jake though, he has terrible attitude and was never hinted before, It doesn't feel right for Wesker to suddenly get a kid. He was there just for some "menservice"
#5edward18Posted 12/23/2012 11:47:16 AM
Those old games are the only ones I can stand to replay now. Way more replay value than pretty much anything this generation.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#6KonaseRitsukoPosted 12/23/2012 11:49:22 AM
EduardoESR posted...
I have to agree with ya, old Resident Evils, while fun, have little replay value, they get boring amazingly fast.

Hated jake though, he has terrible attitude and was never hinted before, It doesn't feel right for Wesker to suddenly get a kid. He was there just for some "menservice"

Manservice and yaoi for those little girls. And to make Sherry a more kawaii girl having a semi-bald love interest.
---
Just f*** my 2007 username.
Extra PSN: GIZOUGHTE
#7Nathbuds123(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 12:07:36 PM
bump
#8ReceiverxWisdomPosted 12/23/2012 12:36:05 PM(edited)
I agree with Jake being some type of Dante wannabe. Not nearly as much "groan" inducing lines as DMC1 though but you can tell they tried to give some type of "edge" to Jake to differ him from the other protagonists in this game. Even his story is like DMC 3 Dante.

DMC3 starts: *Just wants to kick Vergil's ass and have fun. Doesn't care about what Vergil wants to do with Temen Ni Gru, opening a portal to the demon world.*
DMC3 midway: "Well at first I didn't give a damn but because of you I know what needs to be done."
DMC ends: *Loses Vergil. Starts to care about doing the right thing.*

RE6 Jake story starts:
-kicks some J'avo ass-
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH I WANT MY FIVE MILLION DOLLARS. I come first! Nobody else.

Midway point: -finds about about Chris killing Wesker- "I'm not anything like my FATHER!"

His story ends: "You saved me, thank you"
*Starts to not become like anything reminiscent of his father and fights BOWS for the lowest common denominator just for f***ing apples.*

Lol.

I like Dante (his DMC1 rendition is the best in my opinion. He's corny, he jokes but remains serious about avenging Eva's death) but Jake didn't catch on for me. So I dislike Jake.
---
"Check & Mate, Buddy."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#9bluerulerPosted 12/23/2012 12:34:16 PM
I feel the same way with older resident evil titles, feels like a one and done type of situation since the game throws unexpected things at you, but you know whats going to happen so it gets repetitive
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
#10Nathbuds123(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 11:20:06 AM
bump