Resident Evil Retribution

#11darkvoid2100Posted 12/24/2012 5:05:27 AM
it was easily the worst RE movie and i like them all. the never ending gun battles were just boring, it was like 15-20mins of watching close ups of different characters and zombie fire infinite ammo weapons. and another executioner battle, really? the first in afterlife was good but it kind of sucked in this one.

Also the Jill/Alice fight sucked! so many bones broken and they traded so many lethal blows but just kept on fighting. i was expecting the fight to be on the awesome scale of claire and chris vs wesker but it was just bad.

The film ended on a decent cliffhanger but you just know the next film will start somewhere totally different and that cliffhanger will be forgotten.

Nice effect tho.
---
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3720/89106594.jpg
#12IlDankoPosted 12/24/2012 9:59:10 AM
I liked only the first movie and half of the second, when they made nemesis a terminator like being they f****** him up, and specially after they made him good guy nemesis (seriously what's with that idiot anderson to turn the best villains into good guys)..

Tried watching the third, but after i saw how horribly they portrayed claire and then saw alice stopping the fire with telekinesis, i turned that s*** off... The fourth.. No comments.. Hated it and hated what they did with chris' character.. Only liked the coin shotgun.... The fifth, worst crap ever, inconsistent story, how the hell did "chris" and "claire" disappeared in front of alice?? They were beside her at the end off afterlife, then they suddenly evaporate???... He brings back wesker all of a sudden, he didn't gave a hint of him surviving that explosion and he dares to bring him back like "hey! I'm alive and that `being-blown-in-a-jet-with-a-selfdestruct-device-that-would-blow-an-entire-umbrella-facility' experience made me change my heart... Now i'm a good guy!"

And the worst thing.. he kills barry... He dares to kill barry... F*** you anderson

The only good thing about that movie is that we get to see alice beaten up by sexy jill in spandex suit with a pole
---
"It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn... with, like, a bomb"- Saul Silver ....PSN: Dan21993
#13CTU_007Posted 12/24/2012 4:26:48 PM
Wesker looked good in the tight leather.
#14AiRo1988Posted 12/24/2012 5:18:10 PM
Pretty much agree on IlDanko about previous movies although I still need to see Retribution but by what iv heard then I dont really expect to witness anything but a lot of incomprehensible action jam packed into 1 movie lol. Dunno but seems anderson missed the point in making a Resident Evil movie franchise for plot, horror, action and id say imo, mild comedy values and just said "Guys well just go for action!". I know at the end of the day hes promoting his wife and they have made a lot of money from it so in no terms can it be said its a failure but fans of RE do deserve better than a classic survival franchise thats been taken and portrayed on film back in the 80's when guns were guns back then and unlimited in ammo and clip size save for the moment it was needed to be necessary for the sake of the film. I hate slating RE off I really do and in any way but the way I see it they should have stuck to the actual plot/story and tweaked it a little bit to make it more relatable and id bet any fan or player of the game would still pay to watch it and give a much better rating that in turn would compliment the game. I just see missed potential thats all.
#15Fate_AssassinPosted 12/24/2012 5:53:59 PM
I liked it. This was my second favorite movie in this series.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62287165 - restored faith in humanity.
3/13/2013, shipment date
#16tevin1569Posted 12/24/2012 6:04:34 PM
CTU_007 posted...
Wesker looked good in the tight leather.

Yeah he did. Shawn is so hot. In afterlife seeing his butt all tight in the leather, I was like 'HELLO!"

I also liked these movies especially this one...I don't care that people felt it wasn't great..I liked it and it's always opinion coordinated.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#17ManuMIASPosted 12/25/2012 12:37:03 AM
CTU_007 posted...
I enjoyed seeing Jill beat the living crap out of Alice.

THIS!! :D

Sienna Guillory beat Milla :D
#18chaostdkPosted 12/25/2012 12:43:45 AM
li bingbing made my pants tight.
#19UltimateGeth39Posted 12/25/2012 1:34:53 AM
if theyre really in it for the money they would fire milla and her franchise killing husband and let the people who did degeneration and damnation make the movies.
#20Candy__GirlPosted 12/25/2012 3:48:43 AM
IlDanko posted...
I liked only the first movie and half of the second, when they made nemesis a terminator like being they f****** him up, and specially after they made him good guy nemesis (seriously what's with that idiot anderson to turn the best villains into good guys)..

Tried watching the third, but after i saw how horribly they portrayed claire and then saw alice stopping the fire with telekinesis, i turned that s*** off... The fourth.. No comments.. Hated it and hated what they did with chris' character.. Only liked the coin shotgun.... The fifth, worst crap ever, inconsistent story, how the hell did "chris" and "claire" disappeared in front of alice?? They were beside her at the end off afterlife, then they suddenly evaporate???... He brings back wesker all of a sudden, he didn't gave a hint of him surviving that explosion and he dares to bring him back like "hey! I'm alive and that `being-blown-in-a-jet-with-a-selfdestruct-device-that-would-blow-an-entire-umbrella-facility' experience made me change my heart... Now i'm a good guy!"

And the worst thing.. he kills barry... He dares to kill barry... F*** you anderson

The only good thing about that movie is that we get to see alice beaten up by sexy jill in spandex suit with a pole

I agree with you on so many points. *SPOILERS*

Even though the movies have the RE name to sell them to the masses you just have to take them at face value for what they are: B-trying-to-be-horror movies which steals some ideas from the video games. They feel like revised fan-fics. I felt the the entire story line throughout the movies just cuts and pastes characters and events with a lot of liberties taken.

I didn't mind the first movie but I would never say they were awesome. The second again was okay but I was extremely disappointed when Leon and Claire weren't even introduced or even mentioned in it while they were running around Raccoon City. Carlos is hanging with Jill in the second movie and then BAM! in the third he's in a caravan with Claire. (When did this happen?!) Claire then gets 'RE5 Jilled' in the fourth and then finally runs into Chris (Uh...Chris is kind of important here. Why didn't he appear earlier?) who she doesn't even know because she got 'Jilled' The Wesker fight didn't translate well to film but I liked the attempt and thought it was cool they had Claire and Chris fighting side by side. Then in the fifth movie Chris and Claire disappear from the scene with Jill reappearing getting what I have dubbed 'RE5 Jilled' in the truest form. (Hey, Anderson! Running out of ideas since you've already done this to Claire?) I wish Battlesuite Jill had not had any lines until she wasn't controlled anymore. Lame. I had enough of the clones and the cloning facilities. (Stop recycling you're ideas Anderson) Five had no story progression what-so-ever. I was very disappointed with Ada. I really liked who they got for Jill and was hoping for the same reaction when Ada came into the scene. No way. The girl wasn't cocky enough and barley looked 16. That is not Ada Wong. Ada would kick Alices behind back to her cloning pod. Loved Barry! (I love that actor and he did an amazing job as Barry even though they messed up his age) And then they killed him! SERIOUSLY?! You killed off the best character in the entire series of films?! Leon finally gets to appear in five... Unfortunately, I wasn't super excited to see him. The actor they got did an okay job, (sometimes his accent slipped) but I was pissed Anderson went for the Damnation Leon look. The scene with him and Ada in one of the helicopter was was creepy and didn't fit them at all. OH! Don't even get me started on the trolling Wesker and bringing him back to life as a good guy. He's giving fans hope if Wesker can survive that explosion he could survive a volcano and two rockets to the face.